Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding our recent kerfuffle

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Some mods allow for most everything and anything, like MasterKiller there
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Unmask! Unmask!

Ever see Eyes Wide Shut? It'd be just like that...just like the explicit European version, not the U.S. version where they digitally added figures to obscure the best scenes.

We got one mod that has surely posted more boobies to the internet than a lot of people here have downloaded! He's a special feature.
    Sex sells. And as we say in TCMA, kill with a borrowed knife.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Ever see Eyes Wide Shut? It'd be just like that...just like the explicit European version, not the U.S. version where they digitally added figures to obscure the best scenes.

Sex sells. And as we say in TCMA, kill with a borrowed knife.
    Gene, I am not really stirring things up this time. Nor do intend to. Why don't you just give us a straightforward answer...

Gene,
    Can we just ban this clown already?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

That's funny if you consider nooBs don't know who you are here (but I'm sure they will soon enough). Which begs the question - Does martial etiquette allow for masquerades? I suppose it depends on which circles. Surely, that was the very nature of martial secret societies, like the notorious triads.
    you can't with a straight face suggest I am hiding my identity here?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Gene,
    Can we just ban this clown already?
    leave robinhood and ban that guy? really? that's what you are suggesting?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

You people...

Quote Originally Posted by Flusher View Post
    Gene, I am not really stirring things up this time. Nor do intend to. Why don't you just give us a straightforward answer...
    It's not really our policy, but I could see many potential scenarios where we would divulge information willingly.
    Would you like me to repeat it a fourth time?

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    you can't with a straight face suggest I am hiding my identity here?
    I didn't say that at all. You're so defensive sometimes...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene, I noticed you used the word "kerfluffle" in in your introductory editorial in the May/June 2013 issue (you know the one I'm talking bout).

Whats up with you and that word?

Well, people do seem to think I am either a figment of Gene's imagination or that I am several different posters at the same time....

Haaaaaaaaaa. Good one, lkfmdc

And extra points to wenshu for his astute observation about my pub note in the MJ2013. Very impressive, sir, very impressive indeed. I picked up the word 'kerfuffle' from watching Downtown Abbey. I've been using it relentlessly ever since. I've also been trying to incorporate the word 'squiffy' which I also gleaned from that show. I'm thinking of changing any reference of zuiquan to squiffy fist.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Not exactly dude. Your ISP sees you went to a proxy and they also see how much data if any went in or out from your system. hence the big coat analogy.
    Tor offers another layer of security in regards to route tracing. It offers no protection from interception somewhere inside the P2P network you are hopping around on with it.
    It takes a hell of a lot more than bandwidth to sue somebody. Now the FBI, motion picture, record companies and video game developers have millions of dollars and the technical wherewithal to throw at the problem so they can set up their own TOR exit servers and perform the statistical analysis to track down people who are uploading their intellectual property or illegal material.

But speaking of "out of context" we weren't discussing filesharing were we? Funny how you have to change the context of the discussion to cover for the checks your ignorance writes that your butt can't cash. The discussion was specifically about being tracked by ambulance chasers who take the case of someone with a petty dispute on the forum of a niche magazine. The retainer wouldn't even cover my hourly rate for half a day.

Also, please explain how in the hell you get "inside" and "hop around on" a P2P network? Are you still using Napster? That's not very Web 2.0

I really want to see your explanation for that.

But you don't actually think you are safe and private on the internet do you? Because that is laughable.
    I don't try to be.

I like how you need to take the personal shot at me as well then make inferences that are contextually unrelated to what I said, it really undermines your efforts to come across as intelligent. So much misplaced and stupid anger you carry about. Whatever. Do you work in the industry or do you just read wikipedia about it?
    I know enough never to use the phrase "Web 2.0".

Spare me the incredulousness, you're just as hostile as anyone.
    Last edited by wenshu; 03-25-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: there/their

I picked up the word 'kerfuffle' from watching Downtown Abbey. I've been using it relentlessly ever since. I've also been trying to incorporate the word 'squiffy' which I also gleaned from that show. I'm thinking of changing any reference of zuiquan to squiffy fist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17CWRk1uYdQ

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    blabbety blabbety blabetty blah.

But speaking of "out of context" we weren't discussing filesharing were we? Funny how you have to change the context of the discussion to cover for the checks your ignorance writes that your butt can't cash. The discussion was specifically about being tracked by ambulance chasers who take the case of someone with a petty dispute on the forum of a niche magazine. The retainer wouldn't even cover my hourly rate for half a day.

Also, please explain how in the hell you get "inside" and "hop around on" a P2P network? Are you still using Napster? That's not very Web 2.0

I really want to see your explanation for that.

I don't try to be.

I know enough never to use the phrase "Web 2.0".

Spare me the incredulousness, you're just as hostile as anyone.
    Lemme explain. It was in context to TOR which you mentioned which I thought you might have a rudimentary understanding of at least inasmuch as it is a P2P volunteer router sharing solution(onion routing). It means you hop onto volunteer routers and bop around inside that P2P set up until you get to your destination.

I don't believe I've been hostile to you. I do point it out that you can be quite at ease with throwing out insults and what not for whatever reason. I honestly don't care, but I really did think that you knew what you were talking about while referencing TOR and calling my points worthless.

Apparently you didn't know what you were talking about. But that's ok, I don't really care. It's not important. What's important is a modicum of decorum. Try to find some will you? Thanks.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 03-25-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't believe I've been hostile to you.
    he saves up all his hostile for me....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    he saves up all his hostile for me....
    Well, you got the biggest set of trading cards.
    Kung Fu is good for you.