Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding our recent kerfuffle

i challenge

bawang is kil
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

i think obama did this. he likes to ruin everything.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

If only tgy didn't delete his "favorite bawang-ism" thread..

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i think obama did this. he likes to ruin everything.
    That's the funniest post I've read all week.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i think i undesrtand why ross and taighik are so passionate. they actually dedicated their lives to this. theres no turning back. especially when kung fu is so obscure now in america. guys your age oversaw the rise and wane of a subculture.
    for ross, watching something you helped create die is painful.

other than the occasional niche business like kung fu magazine, kung fu is not really a good way to make money. the gold rush is over. the healthy path of the future is a wulin without money.

the core of kung fu is hypermasculine pagan spiritualism infused morality. this is never going to become popular.
    the moment you accept having only 2 or 3 students, or just 1, you will feel better. the day of 100 man conveyor belt dojos are over.
    Last edited by bawang; 03-21-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Ok, ok, I know. For most of you, that's pretty hard.

I'm sure the confidentiality clause is surely frustrating to you all - it is for me too - but the truth of the matter is that it's all absurdly trivial. Such is legalese.

If any of you were to transgress into forbidden territory (and it's very unlikely that you will, at least with this particular issue), it will be treated just like before. There would be a warning, perhaps a deletion, perhaps an eventual banning. Have no fear. It has always been so. I am sorry that you all were exposed to some of the behind-the-scenes chaos that goes on while running this here forum, but that too, has always been so.

To quote the Brits "Keep calm and carry on".
    I appreciate your position and will do my best.

Oh and I randomly clicked your banners. Just doing my part

the moment you accept having only 2 or 3 students, or just 1, you will feel better. the day of 100 man conveyor belt dojos are over.
    The day this is accepted, Kung Fu can become alive again.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

i like kung fu. kung fu very nice. it is very interesting and cool.

does anyone like to train bo staffs
    You put the ass in assassin.

does anyone know how to defend the grabbling?

Did the lawyers mention that the onus of proof is on the person making the claim and that beating someone up doesn't make them wrong?
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

In all seriousness though I missed the excitement. All the threads I thought might be responsible were still there when I checked.

"If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    So, when we post up is that technically publishing? Because the rules are different for publishing comments and comments made in person. To me, I always consider this a conversation like a town hall, not like an article. Just how accountable are you for what you say? If I write "my opinion is that" before everything I say, does that make a difference? I know it does when talking in person. You can have any opinion you want, really. Where is that line? Just curious. Seems like the right time to ask.
    In Europe it definitely is equated with publishing. And, believe it or not, anyone posting here could theoretically be sued in Britain according to Britain’s much harsher libel laws over something posted here. And as I understand it, Britain has the necessary treaties with the US to collect damages there.

There has been a certain amount of "libel tourism" in Britain where both plaintiff and defendent aren't British and the comment was published outside Britain as well.

It's not a hugely likely scenario here, but it's worth thinking about. The internet has been something of an unregulated Wild West, but that frontier is closing.
    Last edited by rett; 03-22-2013 at 01:01 AM.

i think i undesrtand why ross and taighik are so passionate. they actually dedicated their lives to this. theres no turning back. especially when kung fu is so obscure now in america. guys your age oversaw the rise and wane of a subculture.

other than the occasional niche business like kung fu magazine, kung fu is not really a good way to make money. the gold rush is over. the healthy path of the future is a wulin without money.

the core of kung fu is hypermasculine pagan spiritualism infused morality. this is never going to become popular.
    Now that you say it, that makes sense. I've always been a bit bemused by the whole "McDojo" thing and even legit commercial schools that proliferate in the US.

It's not anywhere near being like that on this side of the pond. Sure there are commercial gyms, but only for whatever is most trendy at the moment. Muay Thai, MMA or whatever. Most TMA training is done through clubs using community centres or renting the gym at a school a couple of days a week. And most TMA teachers have day jobs and teach within the auspices of the athletics movement or adult/youth education. Of course there are exceptions, but that's the general trend.
    Last edited by rett; 03-22-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Now that you say it, that makes sense. I've always been a bit bemused by the whole "McDojo" thing and even legit commercial schools that proliferate in the US.

It's not anywhere near being like that on this side of the pond. Sure there are commercial gyms, but only for whatever is most trendy at the moment. Muay Thai, MMA or whatever. Most TMA training is done through clubs using community centres or renting the gym at a school a couple of days a week. And most TMA teachers have day jobs and teach within the auspices of the athletics movement or adult/youth education. Of course there are exceptions, but that's the general trend.

thats not a bad thing. when theres less students, its more about the student and less about the teacher.

when you dont teach for money theres also less exploitation, and theres real discipleship.
    Last edited by bawang; 03-22-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Ok, ok, I know. For most of you, that's pretty hard.

I'm sure the confidentiality clause is surely frustrating to you all - it is for me too - but the truth of the matter is that it's all absurdly trivial. Such is legalese.

If any of you were to transgress into forbidden territory (and it's very unlikely that you will, at least with this particular issue), it will be treated just like before. There would be a warning, perhaps a deletion, perhaps an eventual banning. Have no fear. It has always been so. I am sorry that you all were exposed to some of the behind-the-scenes chaos that goes on while running this here forum, but that too, has always been so.

To quote the Brits "Keep calm and carry on".
    It is mostly fear of the unknown. Since no one knows what happened or why it is difficult to know what may be considered transgression in the future.

It helps that you made this post, as it reassures everyone that it is status quo. Meaning a progression of actions leading to resolution.

On the other hand, as a staunch supporter of people being responsible for their own feelings, it is too bad that the occasional pu$$y has so much power in today's world.

In olden days it would be settled in a duel and Darwinism would take care of the whiners!

I'd trained with enough Kung Fu teachers over the years to know that when I started my own school, I had to have a real job to finance my new money losing endeavor.