Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever wonder why there aren't too many new users on this forum?

Ever wonder why there aren't too many new users on this forum?

that random question in the registration is ridiculously difficult.

my friend asked me what was the answer, but i forgot since it's been a while.

so he can't sign up, after trying many times to answer it.

It really is, it's too specific Gene. We demand change! At least a decent capcha or something.

I've been here so long I registered before there were random questions!

What's the question?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Is it the same one when you do a forum search? Ie What magazine is associated with the forum? And the other, Who sponsors the forum? Or something like that. I don't think the magazine one should give anyone difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I've been here so long I registered before there were random questions!

What's the question?
    Didn't you originally have to send letters to each other on horse back? That must have made WC debates incredibly tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Didn't you originally have to send letters to each other on horse back? That must have made WC debates incredibly tedious.
    Stage Coaches and pony express were the only viable way at the start.
    We tried that new fangled telegraph once, but it got overloaded when Tesla started up his wireless energy tower. So, we had to rethink that too.

But, finally, in the end the password was shared and it was two puffs of smoke from the campfire and you were in. We just shouted at each other across the chasm for a while and then the internet happened.

It's been nothing but net since then.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Their are not many new people because of the meat head mentality of the regulars here who don't have a life.

You're wrong, gunbeatskroty. Our membership is still steadily increasing.

If you don't know the name of our newsstand magazine and our primary sponsor, you have no right to participate on this forum.

I approve several new members every day. I only get a few inquiries about what the answers might be - maybe one or two a month - and I always provide the answer if asked nicely.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    If you don't know the name of our newsstand magazine and our primary sponsor, you have no right to participate on this forum.

I approve several new members every day. I only get a few inquiries about what the answers might be - maybe one or two a month - and I always provide the answer if asked nicely.
    It's not even that they don't know it's just oddly specific, at least when I joined it was. Is it Kung fu tai chi magazine, Kung fu magazine? Not sure if it's case sensitive either, I just think captcha would be more effective, but I am not our mighty and powerful overlord Gene Ching, I am just a peon.

True, it is literal...

...but people manage to get it. I approved two more today, which is a little less than usual. And like I said, if anyone emails me to ask, I provide the answers.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Ha. I remember when I joined you deemed me a bot/fake/dummyaccount and axed me. like 5 emails later all was good. I do not envy you in this endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Their are not many new people because of the meat head mentality of the regulars here who don't have a life.
    See that's funny, because there's those nifty, little stats on the right side of the field. Take for instance, in under two years, you've managed to make nearly as many posts as I have in six. And your's have far less substance, which is bad, because I have **** all to say of value.

Maybe you should go outside.

They aren't bad questions. Anyone can make a couple clicks and figure it out. The spaces on the sponsor question are annoying when you keep forgetting and you get popped with it every time you want to do a forum search. But its not difficult, just annoying. But so are captcha's

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

No, the problem is that the answer requires it to be in an exact form, with exact capitalization (or non-caps) of certain letters or such. I can't remember exactly.

It's because we don't have a dedicated tranny forum.

DJ is already in line to be the mod if Gene would ever approve it.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.