Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
Actually, I only mentioned my experience- where I trained and whom with - when you asked for it. It had nothing to do with my argument on fighting strategy and the differences between sanda and unplanned violent encounters outside of the sport environment.
Well this isn't true at all. The argument was never that there was - or wasn't a difference between sport and self defence. Few people thesedays would ever argue that there was no difference. The points was whether Shaolin monks practiced more practical self defence techniques that made them, in terms of self defence, more skilled at no rules fighting. You used yourself as evidence of having witnessed this skill set. I simply questioned whether it was true.

Your motive, as it turned out, was to look up videos of my instructor and say he is not as good as any random pro sport wushu guy you find, and what?
Well, actually, I began this discussion by saying that I didn't think Shaolin monks likely to be as high level as pro wushu or pro san da players. You make it sound like that was a hidden agenda, rather than just actual knowledge.

Therefore my argument on fighting strategy is invalid because you think sport wushu guys dance better than my instructor? You simply wouldn't address the actual points I made, except ironically to concede them.
Your point is just that monks do more fight based training, and that that is a superior martial aim and outcome. Although this principkle is partly true, as yet, you've not provided anything to support that that it applies to monks.