Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there real Shaolin Monks?

Quote Originally Posted by SHemmati View Post
    this is not the matter of being fake or real monk. even the real monks, like, let me name, Deyang, Degen, and many others have inherited an incomplete kong fu. they are not true warriors by no means. of course there are strong experts all over China, but they could be found very rarely for sure. if one wants to become a true kong fu warrior, i think, they must pursue the way themselves, the way is open.
    There are no super Kung-Fu powers. Punching someone in the face to knock them the F out, have always worked and still does.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbeatskroty View Post
    There are no super Kung-Fu powers. Punching someone in the face to knock them the F out, have always worked and still does.
    Da realz Kung Fu...
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

this is not the matter of being fake or real monk. even the real monks, like, let me name, Deyang, Degen, and many others have inherited an incomplete kong fu. they are not true warriors by no means.
    If their Gong Fu was "complete" would they be true warriors?

if one wants to become a true kong fu warrior, i think, they must pursue the way themselves, the way is open.
    Warriors must go to war.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

i'm still an intermediate practitioner.
    By who's measure? Where do you study Shaolin gongfu?

I think most of us don't consider the circus tricks the slightest bit interesting or convincing.

Coming in and saying "I'm sorry to have to report" is a bit funny / self-aggrandizing in that context. As if you're the only one who has ever questioned those silly shows with spear bending and board breaking.

It's especially funny when people come in with a chip on their shoulder or some personal pet peeve, and make up a bunch of straw men to attack.

It's a bit like me saying Miqi, gunbeatskroty, I'm terribly sorry to have to report to you guys that wrestling is fake. There are no wrestlers and it doesn't work. I've had the privileged opportunity to watch two professional wrestlers plan their fixed choreography before a televised match. Just some amazing contacts I have that enabled amazing me to find out the awful truth.

I hate having to break it to ya, seeing as how much you believe in professional wrestling, monster trucks, and giant chainsaws, but those are the facts.
    Last edited by rett; 10-20-2013 at 01:00 AM.

a consummate kong fu means having good basic skills (endurance and Tong Zi Gong), good strengths and speed skills (the 72 methods), and good fighting skills (styles and their combat methods).

what else is a fighter supposed to learn?

afterwards, that whether or not they go to war, is their choice. i don't like to play with words.
    Good basic skills, strength, speed, fighting skills. Thanks for the list.

But the people with chips on their shoulders will answer with something like "no superpowers" even though no one here that I've seen is claiming the existence of superpowers.
    Last edited by rett; 10-20-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbeatskroty View Post
    So like moon-walking on a shaggy carpet with wool socks on and hooking a small LED light to my butt to light it up, kind of scientific measurement?
    It's a physical measurement. If it's performed under controlled conditions and the results are properly evaluated in the context of testing scientific theories then yes, it's a scientific measurement.
    Last edited by rett; 10-20-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    I think most of us don't consider the circus tricks the slightest bit interesting or convincing.

Coming in and saying "I'm sorry to have to report" is a bit funny / self-aggrandizing in that context. As if you're the only one who has ever questioned those silly shows with spear bending and board breaking.

It's especially funny when people come in with a chip on their shoulder or some personal pet peeve, and make up a bunch of straw men to attack.

It's a bit like me saying Miqi, gunbeatskroty, I'm terribly sorry to have to report to you guys that wrestling is fake. There are no wrestlers and it doesn't work. I've had the privileged opportunity to watch two professional wrestlers plan their fixed choreography before a televised match. Just some amazing contacts I have that enabled amazing me to find out the awful truth.

I hate having to break it to ya, seeing as how much you believe in professional wrestling, monster trucks, and giant chainsaws, but those are the facts.
    Rett, is it ok with you if I don't bicker back? I'm just too busy, mate. I was - and am - very sorry to have to report what I did because like many, I really, really wanted to believe in the Shaolin monks, and it was a big disappointment. I really didn't know - those sticks look really thick and those bars, because they are quire wide, give the illusion of being quite substantial. What a shame. And secondly, I'm on the internet slagging off the Shaolin monks - which I'm also sorry to have to do. Well, I didn't have to...

Professional wrestling is NOT fake Dude! Get real or get the he!! outta here, man!

I've seen probly millions of matches and they all look real to me and everyone else I watch with!!!!! I even gotta a T-shirt that says "Wrestling is Real!", so you know it is, cuz they couldn't make a shirt that says so if it wasn't true!!! That's like , against the Constitution and human rights and the Geneva Convention and the Bible and stuff like that!

Good basic skills, strength, speed, fighting skills. Thanks for the list.

But the people with chips on their shoulders will answer with something like "no superpowers" even though no one here that I've seen is claiming the existence of superpowers.
    I dunno, Rett - it's true that people can sometimes be overly dogmatically closed off to potentially valid information. But it's a suspicious and fallacious arguing tactic to describe people who have reasonable doubt, and a reasonable desire to see unusual claims supported by solid evidence, as "having a chip on their shoulder". That just sounds like a smear to divert attention away from lack of supporting proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post
    Rett, is it ok with you if I don't bicker back? I'm just too busy, mate. I was - and am - very sorry to have to report what I did because like many, I really, really wanted to believe in the Shaolin monks, and it was a big disappointment. I really didn't know - those sticks look really thick and those bars, because they are quire wide, give the illusion of being quite substantial. What a shame. And secondly, I'm on the internet slagging off the Shaolin monks - which I'm also sorry to have to do. Well, I didn't have to...
    It was disappointing to all of us, whether it was Santa Claus or the Shaolin Monks. Life is all about growing past our false ideas. It happens to the best of us.

Wait til all those evolutionists discover everything really WAS created by God, or Aliens, or whatever!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 10-20-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post
    I dunno, Rett - it's true that people can sometimes be overly dogmatically closed off to potentially valid information. But it's a suspicious and fallacious arguing tactic to describe people who have reasonable doubt, and a reasonable desire to see unusual claims supported by solid evidence, as "having a chip on their shoulder". That just sounds like a smear to divert attention away from lack of supporting proof.
    I'm all for taking a sceptical approach to wild claims. I cringe when people start using undigested ideas from physics to "explain" new age ideas. But I've seen how some here distort what people say, don't read carefully, insult reasonable people, and then demand "proof" for straw men and claims no one made. It's some kind of game they're playing. They come in with a pet peeve and then project the peeve onto whatever is actually going on. Anyway, I thought you didn't want to bicker about this. So why not stick to responding to what people are actually arguing or presenting instead of what you assume people are about.
    Last edited by rett; 10-20-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    It was disappointing to all of us, whether it was Santa Claus or the Shaolin Monks. Life is all about growing past our false ideas. It happens to the best of us.

Wait til all those evolutionists discover everything really WAS created by God, or Aliens, or whatever!
    I never expected any magic or superhuman abilities from the Shaolin practitioners, so I guess I never got disappointed. What they actually do (the ones I'm familiar with) is plenty amazing enough. It's like the magic of an orchestra. They're that good. I'm not talking about the choreographed shows and circus tricks. I could never be bothered with that. To me the only superpowers truly worth trying to develop are the ability to use compassion to overcome cruelty, courage to overcome fear, equanimity to overcome worry and restlessness, and kindness to overcome hatred. Those sorts of things are the business of monks.
    Last edited by rett; 10-20-2013 at 04:42 AM.

I never expected any magic or superhuman abilities from the Shaolin practitioners, so I guess I never got disappointed. What they actually do (the ones I'm familiar with) is plenty amazing enough. It's like the magic of an orchestra. They're that good. I'm not talking about the choreographed shows and circus tricks. I could never be bothered with that. To me the only superpowers truly worth trying to develop are the ability to use compassion to overcome cruelty, courage to overcome fear, equanimity to overcome worry and restlessness, and kindness to overcome hatred. Those sorts of things are the business of monks.
    Well, my point was, we all believe in things that sometimes disappoint us when reality opens our eyes to our misunderstanding. It might be Santa Claus, Shaolin Monks, your parents, a teacher, the government, etc.

We all hold views, some of which, will not coincide with reality and at some point in life we will be hit with reality and that is a disappointment many times.

Nobody should be a victim. If reality hits you, hit it back.