Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Are there real Shaolin Monks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    So much of that nationalist stuff comes out of China and east Asia in general. It is always strange to me that a athlete winning or losing against a foreigner is so tied up with national pride. I don't think too many people here would think of Weidman vs Silva as a USA vs Brazil thing...but it's not my culture, so I may not be able to understand it...
    Well, this goes way out of the thread's topic, but sport in Chinese culture is a completely different beast. Maybe I'll start another topic on it.

That being said, there is no reason why that behavior should be acceptable in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbeatskroty View Post
    the Shaolin Temple being shut down from 1966 to like 2005 or so, therefore unable of producing any real Shaolin Monks
    wtf?

the Shaolin Temple being shut down from 1966 to like 2005 or so, therefore unable of producing any real Shaolin Monks
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    wtf?
    Well, you know, with modern scholarship and all, new information comes out all the time heretofore not known, or something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Well, you know, with modern scholarship and all, new information comes out all the time heretofore not known, or something like that!
    You didn't know that the Shaolin Temple was shut down in 1966? That and how to fight for real?

You didn't know that the Shaolin Temple was shut down in 1966?
    The Shaolin temple itself is a collection of brick buildings. Thats is all it is. These buildings themselves have absolutely no impact what so ever on the transmission of shaolin gong fu.

What is it you imagine? If a church in your home town closed for 4 years, would there suddenly be no more christians ever? Would all of the congregation suddenly die because the building closed its doors?

You didn't know that the Shaolin Temple was shut down in 1966? That and how to fight for real?
    Still dumb as a door I see!

...There's no way anybody's disabling any joints unless I freeze like a statue...
    in this way, one can say no martial art technique will work, because "There's no way anybody's doing any techniques unless i freeze like a statue." so we better ask Gene to shut the forum down and we all go our homes!

In a real fight, it would be crazy to try to hit someone at the joints rather than their face while in punching or kicking range.
    hitting the face cannot be compared to most the pressure points. if one ever learns or tries hitting the pressure points, they won't even compare it with the face. hitting theface cannot even disable the opponent for more than a short while.

These are tricks. They heated up those bricks in a oven for a few hours beforehand to make them brittle.
    actually, if one wants to know the truth about the true martial arts, it's simple, just "train and test." i've trained such methods and can do some such things myself. it's easy, just 10 minutes a day, practice for 6 months, you'll break bricks with ease.
    otherwise, if you don't want to practice, excuses are easier than practicing. so, even if you yourself check and bring your bricks for somebody, and he breaks it for you, you can still think that: oh! ****! it's impossible that a human can break bricks, before i picked up the bricks, somebody had cooked them for sure!

________
    Shaolin Temple being shut down from 1966 to like 2005 or so...
    where did this misinformation come from again? what about what posted in answer to the question of this thread, did you read them and say this again?

No Internet Cafes Here...

Quote Originally Posted by SHemmati View Post
    so we better ask Gene to shut the forum down and we all go our homes!
    Some of us actually use the internet from our homes, we won't have to go anywhere!

sorry...carry on....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Some of us actually use the internet from our homes, we won't have to go anywhere!
    if we quit training martial arts (and also Gene quits this forum), we must just leave the gyms and this forum, they are like virtual homes! that was my joke, take it easy.
    Last edited by SHemmati; 11-06-2013 at 05:06 AM.