Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choy Lee Fut Gam Jin

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    The downward Gam Jin or Cross Block as we term it, what is your opinions on it for blocking a low frontal kick? would you use it? do you believe it to be effective against a strong kicker?

personally, i wouldn't use it for a low block for a couple of reasons. first, you don't know how experienced or conditioned another fighter is and i feel it can be a dangerous move to stop of low kick. for me, i'd just use my legs to stop it.

the other reason is not safe is of course the huge open door for your opponent to knock you out. In the Lau Bun Hung Sing Cheung Kuen form we do use it to block a low kick but its followed up with the flower block for a punch to your face, followed by a kick and chop choy..
    You know, the Gam Jin reminds me of the kind of blocks used in butterfly swords usage. What if empty hand practice was really meant to represent weapons usage. I'm not much of a historian but wasn't there a weapons ban in Chinese history?
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Blog Entries
    What if empty hand practice was really meant to represent weapons usage.
    we've always stood by the idea of take the weapon out of their hands and you have a hidden hand form and vice versa.

not sure about a weapons ban though.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

If you catch their wrist on you shoulder and drive down into Gum Jin over their upper arm/shoulder, it's a fairly quick and efficient arm lock.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

If you catch their wrist on you shoulder and drive down into Gum Jin over their upper arm/shoulder, it's a fairly quick and efficient arm lock.

yup yup................