Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interested in what you guys think about this - Chi Kung

Interested in what you guys think about this - Chi Kung

We know that some internal energy does indeed exist, and is quite important for personal/martial development and practice (attending/intending and so on), especially in something like dim mak.

So I'm interested in what you guys think about this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyDYHpLpCys

Personally, I don't know what to think, but guessing it is a hoax...

That was definitely real and definitely not a stage trick.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by andrushkin View Post
    We know that some internal energy does indeed exist...
    That's a big assumption to begin with.

I don't believe that any human being is capable of lighting a fire by emitting internal energy from their hands.

Electric eels can emit shocks, but a look at wikipedia shows how a large part of their bodies are specifically designed to function as a chemical battery.

Combine glycerin and potassium permanganate to paper, wad paper up and wait...Oh, and don't forget to shake hands around over the paper for a greater effect.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    That's a big assumption to begin with.
    I agree, and would like to add that the explanation requiring the least assumptions is usually the most correct.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    I don't believe that any human being is capable of lighting a fire by emitting internal energy from their hands.

Electric eels can emit shocks, but a look at wikipedia shows how a large part of their bodies are specifically designed to function as a chemical battery.
    There are a few other things in the video which raise my attention to skepticism, for one, I from experience know that he is in nearly no danger when he places his hand on the end of the barrel of the pellet rifle.

His other 'feat' which raised a red flag for me, was the chopstick through the table. I don't think I've seen anything quite so perfectly set up. He shows that he can't go through the top of the table cloth, sure, most likely because under the table there is a seam or gap in the wood through which he can easily pass the chopstick through. Not to mention, that this is at one of his "favourite local restaurants".
    Last edited by andrushkin; 03-23-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    Combine glycerin and potassium permanganate to paper, wad paper up and wait...Oh, and don't forget to shake hands around over the paper for a greater effect.

So....it *IS* real!!

All I have to do is rub my opponent with gycerin and potassium permanganate...

The skeptics need to apologize now.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

"The time to hesitate is through..." -- Jim Morrison
    Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    So....it *IS* real!!

All I have to do is rub my opponent with gycerin and potassium permanganate...

The skeptics need to apologize now.

Sure, it's real. If you add these chemicals together on a piece of paper it will burn, for real.

It's an old Indian street fakery trick. The reason they wad the piece of paper up is to combine the two chemicals together and make a little view port so only the trickster can see the fire starting and then they wave their hands around to make it appear that they started the fire. You can tell it's a chemical reaction by all the black smoke issuing from the paper as it burns.

I'm not saying Ki, or Chi or whatever you want to call the energy that flows through the body doesn't exist but this trick is definitely a scam.

Do you go to the magic shows in Las Vegas and think those guys are Chi masters?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Do you go to the magic shows in Las Vegas and think those guys are Chi masters?

Where do you think I learned my martial skills?
    Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Where do you think I learned my martial skills?
    I heard Elvis studied Karate so this makes perfect sense to me. Ge the external and internal all on one stage.

You guys can always provide a good laugh

In the prison system inmates would put Brilcream and another substance on paper, then wad it up and throw it into trash cans to start fires.

If a guy can start fires with chi using paper he should be able to do it with wood too. Bring your own stuff to have him burn. Have him melt a horse shoe or something difficult. Anyone can turn paper into fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    In the prison system inmates would put Brilcream and another substance on paper, then wad it up and throw it into trash cans to start fires.

If a guy can start fires with chi using paper he should be able to do it with wood too. Bring your own stuff to have him burn. Have him melt a horse shoe or something difficult. Anyone can turn paper into fire.

The other ingredient would probably be chlorine since glycerine is the primary ingredient in Brylcreem. Put the two together and wooooof! But, don't breath the fumes since chlorine is bad mojo for the lungs.

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home kids. And, I have never served time and I am not a pyro. Just a knowledgable person with a crap-load of useless information.

Now, if I saw somebody melt a horse shoe that I gave them then I'd be totally impressed but that'll never happen. Thats why you only see this trick attempted with one sheet of paper and no repeats, at least not on the same day.