Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interested in what you guys think about this - Chi Kung

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    soCo you must be atheist as well.. correct? you said you need scientific proof before you believe in anything
    Just because one wants scientific proof does not make them an atheist by default.

LOL Scott, didn't have this discussion? if you believe in God wheres the proof? you seem to be back peddling from our last discussion about Qi gong.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

soCo you must be atheist as well.. correct? you said you need scientific proof before you believe in anything
    I'm not going to hijack another thread with this debate. I'll try to answer in PM. But in short, what Scott said, but I'll try to explain why.

LOL Scott, didn't have this discussion? if you believe in God wheres the proof? you seem to be back peddling from our last discussion about Qi gong.
    Not even close! You don't understand what I understand apparently so you cannot understand how it can appear I hold more than one apparently conflicting belief!

I'll give you a hint though, I don't backpedal, I change perspective!

Think about it!

I am pagan.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I am pagan.
    And you wear it well!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I am pagan.
    Its them "natural" women right? Once you get past the hairy legs I hear they can be quite a party.

I am a reformed Druid, I can pray at bushes instead of trees
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I am a reformed Druid, I can pray at bushes instead of trees
    Good choice, but unfortunately with this late craze of Brazilian influence all the bushes are being wiped out......

Tiger is turned into a white tiger

hug each other not trees
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

soco got your PM I will read and reply than you, for taking the time
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

We have a shared reality as well. Our world view makes up our perception of that reality but doesn't necessarily see the truth of the shared reality.

The world was real before I got here and it will be real when I've gone.
    As an individual, I am quite clear that I am not the only thing that matters in the world and I think the whole idea of "create your own reality through perception" etc moves away from intrinsic inter-connectedness and the more we go for new age ask the universe for money and things BS that is so popular these days is taking away from all the great stuff that mutual understanding of the shared reality brings us.

As for the Higgs Boson. They have found it, it is real and it is what gives things mass.
    they have confirmed it's existence and function with 99.95% certainty I believe.

Diving into the mystical without grasping the actual is folly in my opinion. I would always point people towards applied physics in context to self, fitness, qi gong, kung fu tricks etc long before I advised them of some mysticism that can't be demonstrated forthwith.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

There is a huge difference here, the Higgs Boson does none of the actions attributed to qi AND there are no scientific studies that confirm the existence of qi or it qualities.....yet!

scott
    There is a huge difference here, the Higgs Boson does none of the actions attributed to qi AND there are no scientific studies that confirm the existence of qi or it qualities.....yet!
    the last word in your post makes me very happy. At least you admit its there. words like almost or not yet is OK with me. You can catch up with my understanding when your proof comes in.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

There's no proof of Qi because no one has a clear idea of what they are trying to prove! lol

Qi is literally "breath" and all it becomes through the trans-formative process within the crucible that is a living thing. Hence transformed qi such as the energy you use to do your chores after eating.

The breath you take one after each and the life force that supports, which is you. this is Qi in action.

So, should scientists rather try to fully understand the quality of air and breathing and how that works mechanically and is defined as Qi and the process of taking it in and expelling it when stagnant.
    Kung Fu is good for you.