Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Interested in what you guys think about this - Chi Kung

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    This is often quoted as an excuse for not adhering to reasonable parameters. It's on the ones who make the claim to prove their stuff. If they aren't even willing to submit to reasonable testing w/o all the other crap obfuscating the process, then they don't deserve to be believed. If you wanna live in a dark corner and do your thing, cool, but don't expect others who are capable of critical thought to make that leap with you.
    There is more common sense in this paragraph than in entire other threads.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I made thermite yesterday.
    Sweet!!! Just curious, what did you burn with it? And, do you need a welding mask to view it when it's burning? I ask because I've never seen thermite burn except on the Internet. I'm sure I could find an answer to my second question but it makes for better conversation this way.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Or to use a phrase from Neil deGrasse Tyson, "the only -ist I am, is a scientist."
    I freaking love this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Or to use a phrase from Neil deGrasse Tyson, "the only -ist I am, is a scientist."
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    I freaking love this guy!
    The only -ist I am is a geniusist!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 03-27-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    I would like to sign up for your qi power course.
    Haha, yeah... Some people are just suckers. They will make me roll up my sleeves, some even asked me to do it shirtless. No problem. Nobody thought to look at my ankle or the bottom of my shoe. Had they done so they would have found a 7.5kv negative ion generator, an inverter and a 9v battery. Alas, so many are so easily fooled. It is cool though. Anything small like sand will go nuts under my hand.

You can also disrupt/fry electronics by going near/touching them. I like it almost as much as I like my Wave Bubble (RF jammer).

Sweet!!! Just curious, what did you burn with it? And, do you need a welding mask to view it when it's burning? I ask because I've never seen thermite burn except on the Internet. I'm sure I could find an answer to my second question but it makes for better conversation this way.
    Short answer, yes. Long answer.... I don't use a welding mask, I have tinted shields(safety glasses) and I keep my distance. I didn't use it for any usefull purpose. I just like the light show. I set up some bricks and kept it in a well ventilated open area w/ no nearby combustibles. Incendiaries are great. You just gotta know how to properly handle the materials and it's reasonably safe. It's really easy to make and being on a farm, you should have all the space you need. If you are interested in the method, PM me. I know it's something one can easilly find w/ a google search, it's just that I don't post specifics like that... for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

The only -ist I am is a geniusist!
    Awesome....!!! lol. Ain't edumacation great!
    Last edited by Syn7; 03-27-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Awesome....!!! lol. Ain't edumacation great!
    Uhhh....its called edjacumacation!!

Keep trying though because you have the makings for being a true genuisist likes me!!!

Uhhh....its called edjacumacation!!

Keep trying though because you have the makings for being a true genuisist likes me!!!
    I stand corrected. My sincere apologies. Clearly I lack edjacumacation. But I am not lost, I'm working on it daily. I am attending wikiversity full time now....!!!

I stand corrected. My sincere apologies. Clearly I lack edjacumacation. But I am not lost, I'm working on it daily. I am attending wikiversity full time now....!!!
    Well, it is clear you are gaining some edumacation, but that is only for the masses, edjacumacation is for geniusists, and your wikimedia is of course the best place to get full gnoledge of uvernisal fax of stuff.

I have full coughindence of ur sexesss in these ednevers!

Are you flirting with me?

Are you flirting with me?

No, I am a strong heterophiliac!!!!!

But, if I haunt your dreams, well........that's your business, fella!

Thanks Syn for replying to my question. Sounds pretty fun and if I ever need the recipe like maybe around the 4th of July I'll give you a shout.

The 7.5kv negative ion generator, an inverter and a 9v battery thing has me rolling though. Great party trick fo sho!

No, I am a strong heterophiliac!!!!!

But, if I haunt your dreams, well........that's your business, fella!
    ....... .......

Thanks Syn for replying to my question. Sounds pretty fun and if I ever need the recipe like maybe around the 4th of July I'll give you a shout.

The 7.5kv negative ion generator, an inverter and a 9v battery thing has me rolling though. Great party trick fo sho!
    Yeah it's all good fun. If you build one, just make sure you use like a 5 watt wimpy inverter or it will not go well for you. A 7.5kv neg ion generator can be used as a nasty transformer.

Yeah it's all good fun. If you build one, just make sure you use like a 5 watt wimpy inverter or it will not go well for you. A 7.5kv neg ion generator can be used as a nasty transformer.
    Good to know. I would imagine it could be quite the jolt.

Good to know. I would imagine it could be quite the jolt.
    Yeah, I mean, a 9v battery wont even work with a 75w inverter. Whatever is used, just make sure it isn't a large AC source. And my god DO NOT plug it into the wall lest you will be given the jolt of your lifetime. 7500v is no joke, even with the low amperage.

It takes roughly 20mA to stop a human heart. Under the right conditions it doesn't take much.

I used to build towers, I spent most of my time building the substation and the genset. Basically its a room sized unit that powers the whole building. One rookie dropped a panel cover into it and it landed across two busbars. Ugh, we were cleaning black of the walls for days. Luckily no injuries. Just ringing ears and a big dot on everything you focus on. I'm just glad I was elsewhere at the time. But man, what a mess. The panel cover ceased to exist. We couldn't even really find that much shrapnel. We accounted for about 10% of it, roughly.