Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Weapon Rack

well, i thought you changed it, but when i clicked its still orientalsignboards.com. so ur still a weird jack ass.

do u also sell negro basketball jersey? nipper gis?
    Last edited by bawang; 03-25-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

See nothing wrong with the name.
    oooh that took thought

time to educate:

o·ri·en·tal
    [awr-ee-en-tl, ohr‐] Show IPA
    adjective
    ( usually initial capital letter ) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the Orient, or East; Eastern.
    of the orient or east; eastern.
    ( initial capital letter ) Zoogeography . belonging to a geographical division comprising southern Asia and the Malay Archipelago as far as and including the Philippines, Borneo, and Java.
    Jewelry.
    a.
    ( usually initial capital letter ) designating various gems that are varieties of corundum: Oriental aquamarine; Oriental ruby.
    b.
    fine or precious; orient: oriental agate; oriental garnet.
    c.
    designating certain natural saltwater pearls found especially in the Orient.
    noun
    ( usually initial capital letter ) a native or inhabitant of the Orient.

The modern Urban Dictionary details it more appropriately in the way I use it in describing an Object not a Person
    URBAN DICTIONARY

have no idea what the last thing your wrote means:
    Last edited by ngokfei; 03-26-2013 at 07:29 AM.

so back to Weapon Racks sold by the Oriental Signboards Workshop:

Below is the Sifu "Combo" Rack which allows individuals with low ceiling heights or weapons like the Kwandao/Monk Spade to be stored by means of a front Loading Design.

- 11 Place (3 Combo Openings, 4 Front Loading Slots, 4 Standard Openings) $139.95
    Last edited by ngokfei; 06-05-2013 at 08:54 AM.

@ Eric - in case you didn't know, and I don't think you do, the term "oriental" used in context to Asian peoples, things or activities is considered somewhat derogatory in this day and age. It is akin to calling a Chinese person a "chinaman" or some such other term.

It fell out of use long ago really and hence the remarks about it and the request if you had negro basket ball jerseys which aligns with how you use the term Oriental.

Seeing as you don't get what he is saying.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

uh David, did you read what I posted.

Guess not.

We prefer the term "Mongolian."
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

I like your work Eric, but I have to agree with Bawang and DJ on this one. Using the word Oriental to describe anything Asian is akin to using the word Negroid for describing people of African decent. Sure there is also a definition for the word Negroid but it's a bit taboo to use it in this day and age.
    Last edited by GoldenBrain; 03-26-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    I like your work Eric, but I have to agree with Bawang and DJ on this one. Using the word Oriental to describe anything Asian is akin to using the word Negroid for describing people of African decent. Sure there is also a definition for the word Negroid but it's a bit taboo to use it in this day and age.
    I like all those words, I'm only offended by "Caucasian." I prefer "whitey," "h0nkey," or just "the man."
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    uh David, did you read what I posted.

Guess not.

Yeah I did. A dictionary definition is not educational in regards to what is said and regarding why you are confused by what Bawang is saying to you.

That you don't understand that the term is no longer regarded as worthy due to it being used to infer Asians were subordinate speaks volumes though.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Just when I thought I had seen the most stupid argument on here already

Just a little FYI for all the arm chair experts

It is considered politically incorrect to refer to PEOPLE as "Oriental"

"Oriental" is a rug, or an OBJECT

Considering Eric sells wooden OBJECTS, they can be called "oriental"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Okay, I'll concede that point lkfmdc. Objects can be referred to as oriental as my Anthropologist wife points out but if people are offended by it maybe there should be pause for consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    Okay, I'll concede that point lkfmdc. Objects can be referred to as oriental as my Anthropologist wife points out but if people are offended by it maybe there should be pause for consideration.
    people get too easily offended these days, they need to grow a thicker skin...

most of those offended by "oriental" don't even know why they are supposed to be offended by the term
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I like all those words, I'm only offended by "Caucasian." I prefer "whitey," "h0nkey," or just "the man."

That's funny!!! You are the man and we should all take a moment to reflect on this. Okay moments over, now back to our regular programming.

Thumbs up

We agree to disagree.

If my products are judged by the name of the company, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    people get too easily offended these days, they need to grow a thicker skin...

most of those offended by "oriental" don't even know why they are supposed to be offended by the term
    Maybe so. My thoughts on this may just be a product of working to long in politically correct corporate America. However, other than obviously joking around I'll prolly still maintain a more considerate or rather safer approach to how I refer to other races, even their rugs.