Thread: Seattle's Temple Kung Fu school forms

Seattle's Temple Kung Fu school forms

Anybody who took classes at Seattle or Vancouver's Temple Kung Fu school remember the slow form (Tai Chi style) that they taught everybody? I can remember about the first 4 moves, and that's about it. There was so many techniques hidden in the form, I really want to remember this.

Lung 1. So sad. I went for like two weeks as a kid and was like "fuck this shit". Not only is it super cultish, but they always try to upsell. Try to blow smoke up ur ass about how great you are and how you can join the special club. Ofcourse that costs extra and you need a different uniform. So weak. Even as a kid I saw through that crap and I didn't know much about TMA's.

My one and only McDojo experience. I'm so glad I had the smarts to see it for what it was. So many waste so much time and money.

That has been discussed ad nauseum here on this very forum. Please, let's not revisit all that. Every school has it's faults. I still am looking for any students who remember that form.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gtberg View Post
    There was so many techniques hidden in the form,...
    I don't like to think, "What techniques are hidden in the form". Instead, I like to think, "What technique do I want and where can I find it."
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Hidden technique is code for "we don't really know how this is useful, but we've been told it is."

Blog Entries
    People had said that the modern computer technology was hidden inside of the Yin/Yang and Bagua theory. But that binary system had never helped Chinese to invent computer.

Quote Originally Posted by gtberg View Post
    That has been discussed ad nauseum here on this very forum. Please, let's not revisit all that. Every school has it's faults. I still am looking for any students who remember that form.
    Please check the Shaolin Do thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Hidden technique is code for "we don't really know how this is useful, but we've been told it is."
    Nah... It's code for the romanticists who would rather believe one must be initiated, rather than intelligent and creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Flusher View Post
    Nah... It's code for the romanticists who would rather believe one must be initiated, rather than intelligent and creative.
    Ha... that too.

Blog Entries
    Oneday someone told me that there is a move in his form that look like a "hip throw". I then asked him,

- Why don't you just student the Judo hip throw?
    - What make this "hidden" hip throw so special?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 03-24-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Nice...

No reason to overcomplicate something that is already very simple.

where do I begin? LOL

I paid them a visit once and the instructor asked me(yet didn't ask me for my "yes" or "no" reply) if he could demonstrate a "Ba Gua" form.

Suffice it to say..I don't know WHAT the guys was doing..it didn't look like Ba Gua the least little bit.

He was doing cross leg(scissor) stances, reverse punches, knee and elbow strikes and even some kicks(last I checked..not Ba Gua).

I will easily defer to an experienced Ba Gua practitioners understanding of the style to contradict my observations..

I only saw kempo when I was there. They weren't anywhere near sophisticated enough to say words like Bagua. They were all about using the word "shaolin" though.