Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WSL compilation

WSL compilation

sweeeeeeet
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

I have always wondered why it was spelled wrong, but now I see that it is not actually wing chun at all. I know absolutely nothing about this system of fighting.
    Jackie Lee

4. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I have always wondered why it was spelled wrong, but now I see that it is not actually wing chun at all. I know absolutely nothing about this system of fighting.
    Just wondering, as I'm not a VT user at all, how do you define what Wing Chun is , and what isn't?
    "Deepest depth, Where one live with no light, No evil can escape my sticky tentacle, Beware the radiant octopus might !"

www.poulperadieux.com

At 4:00, is that a really young David Peterson?

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    At 4:00, is that a really young David Peterson?
    Yes ........

Nice vid. Thanks.

Regarding David Peterson's WSL Ving Tsun ... Can you tell me in a very general way how his instruction differs from PB WSL VT?

Oh, and @Lee Chiang Po ... are you just being cheeky or what? Please elaborate.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Nice vid. Thanks.

Regarding David Peterson's WSL Ving Tsun ... Can you tell me in a very general way how his instruction differs from PB WSL VT?
    They have different thinking on Ving Tsun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Have you heard of Wong Shun Leung / Bruce Lee ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Nice vid. Thanks.

Oh, and @Lee Chiang Po ... are you just being cheeky or what? Please elaborate.
    Never met DP so can't give any comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    They have different thinking on Ving Tsun.
    no kidding
    Care to elaborate? I was curious on this as well. What areas do they differ? Just training methods, or concepts/principles as well?
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    no kidding
    Care to elaborate? I was curious on this as well. What areas do they differ? Just training methods, or concepts/principles as well?
    No I don't care to elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    No I don't care to elaborate.
    Funny considering the nice way he asked. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Funny considering the nice way he asked. ; )
    Yes because he's known for that

I respect both guys. Both have done a lot to promote WSLVT since his passing. They have sacrificed many hours out of their lives both teaching and training hard. There are 1000's of people (myself included) that are grateful for that.

As for me I prefer PB's thinking on WSLVT. People will not be able to understand why until they meet both men and then it's down to what that person wants from their Ving Tsun and which direction he/she wants to progress.

The last place to discuss the differences between the two is on this forum.
    Last edited by Graham H; 03-27-2013 at 02:45 AM.

I'm not sure how old PB, David Peterson and Gary Lam are, or where they were based at various times in their lives.... does anyone know if these three people had over-lapping learning/instructional time with WSL?

(I don't mean learning from WSL with each other in class, but rather did they learn during the same period of time)