Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
Not me, or my family.

I am a muscular 200# and all of my kids are skinny. Even my 5 year old daughter who drinks 1/2 gallon of whole milk a day.

My 16 year old son drank nearly a gallon a day as a 5 year old and drinks that much now still. He is 6'2" 170#.

I gained my last 15# on pepsi, for the caffeine because I worked 6 nights a week for the last 10 years. I have always had a hard time putting on weight before the pepsi though.

As I said above, I have drank 1/2 - 1 gallon a day for most of my life. When I was a child my parents had to limit my milk consumption at dinner because I would drink two glasses before I would eat anything.

For most of my adult life I would keep the gallon next to my chair at the dinner table and my glass is NEVER empty til the end of the meal. As soon as it gets 1/2 full i refill it.

I believe that's more from the protein in milk. It's a better source of protein than it is for calcium. The way I understand it is that it takes more energy for the body to digest protein than calcium which is why most of the calcium in milk is excreted rather than absorbed. Broccoli is a better source of calcium than milk but you shouldn't eat it raw because it can mess with the thyroid. Chia seed is an even better source of calcium, something like 7 times the amount per serving as a glass of milk.

As for the coconut milk, it's not exactly like from a coconut. It's made the same way as almond or soy milk so it's just like drinking milk except that it's sweeter and has a mild coconut flavor. I've never had bowel issues with it and for lactose intolerant people or people who just don't like milk it's a great alternative.

I grew up on milk but as I got older I found it harder to process, so that's the main reason I switched.