Thread: CLF Demo Vid

CLF Demo Vid

Here's another great demo vid from my old Sifu Thomas Fuhr (he's in the all black silk)...great chin na, weapons, pairs, and some monkey form in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfEsptL_p4

Enjoy...
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

90 views and zero comments? Oh reaaaheaaallly?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

One comment.

I wish they wouldn't hit blade on blade. I literally cringe when I see that.
    The rest looks like a kung fu training session that is quite typical of a mixed age school.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dave, I'm never gonna make you happy! But thanks for commenting...interesting perspective, I agree those blades were not made for full contact. I'm probably not impartial here but I think the vid is better than most and it's rare to find CLF gems.

I like demos videos like that.
    They give a nice balanced look at the system and school.
    I would only suggest that they add some sparring to it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Dave, I'm never gonna make you happy! But thanks for commenting...interesting perspective, I agree those blades were not made for full contact. I'm probably not impartial here but I think the vid is better than most and it's rare to find CLF gems.
    it was really long. Master Fuhr is really good. but i'd like to see more realistic combat. Stereotypical CLF is great but i really love the combat side of it more.

Thanks for sharing!
    Supporter: The Australasian Martial Arts & Self Defence Forums - http://www.OzMAForums.com

honestly i hate demos like this, 11minutes long and about 35 secs of partner work, against an opponent not really fighting back and no actual contact being made at all

I mean they are having fun and enjoying themselves but really nothing martial there to talk about

Blog Entries
    All demo are 1/2 fake and 1/2 real. The

- 1/2 fake is your opponent gives you that opportunity.
    - 1/2 real is you have to finish it.

If your opponent

- help you to finish it, that's 100% fake.
    - doesn't give you the chance, that's called "fighting" and not "demo".
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

I don't know what you are wanting to hear , but fair as far as demo goes, good for attracting new students who don't know that doing those movement's will do next to nothing to prepare you for real person.

But is good exercise never the less, and will give you motivation to exercise, and hopefully you will not find out the hard way that you still can't fight with any skill.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I like demos videos like that.
    They give a nice balanced look at the system and school.
    I would only suggest that they add some sparring to it.
    I agree with this. Great video to watch and gives a good idea of what the training would be like. Just wish there was sparring in it to show realistic application side of things, even if it's jsut a small smippet at the end. Not saying this school doesn't have realistic sparring as part of their training, it's just not hinted at in the clip.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

I don't know what you are wanting to hear , but fair as far as demo goes, good for attracting new students who don't know that doing those movement's will do next to nothing to prepare you for real person.

But is good exercise never the less, and will give you motivation to exercise, and hopefully you will not find out the hard way that you still can't fight with any skill.
    you should be very angry at your teacher. serious. you have issues. Wing Chun is the worst of the worst in that case.
    Last edited by Snipsky; 04-02-2013 at 11:51 AM.