Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gaun sau

I think this should, from here on in, be referred to as:

The 3 Laws of PBWSLVT Data Transference.

Anyone new to forum can read them and then know, if they don't study with PB, that their Sh*t is Fake.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Yes, Grumblegeezer, you are, like, so dreaming.

Haven't you realized yet, that if something doesn't come from PB, then it's not real.

The logic is simple and undeniable, my friend. Let me explain it to you in three successive points.

1. PB, on meeting someone, instantly passes on the sum of all his knowledge... so that those students can comment, online, with absolute authority about the art.

2. WSL passed on all he had, every single iota of his VT knowledge to PB. The whole shebang, so that PB's students can comment, online, with absolute authority about the art.

3. Everything Yip Man ever learning about this art, he passed on to WSL. Absolutely everything. Even the things he'd removed from the system. Even the things he'd made the decision to not pass on. Even things he might have learned from YKS and Sum Nung. Everything. Every single thing or idea that had ever crossed his mind about this art. Meaning, thus, that eventually PB's students can comment, online, with absolute authority about the system.

This is their version of 'point theory'.
    You aren't far off. ; )

I think this should, from here on in, be referred to as:

The 3 Laws of PBWSLVT Data Transference.

Anyone new to forum can read them and then know, if they don't study with PB, that their Sh*t is Fake.
    Correction : Their sh*t is CONFUSED. : )

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Correction : Their sh*t is CONFUSED. : )
    I think you have been the unwitting victim of some subtle, and maybe even unintentional, brainwashing.

I think you have been the unwitting victim of some subtle, and maybe even unintentional, brainwashing.
    Dream on ; ) ( in your case " lean on " ), if I am brainwashed it probably needed cleaning of soiled ideas : )

Well, I am happy you are happy with your teacher.

It's all that really matters - but when he offers you a glass of goat's blood, claiming it was a recipe passed down from Yip Man to WSL to PB....

Well, I am happy you are happy with your teacher.

It's all that really matters - but when he offers you a glass of goat's blood, claiming it was a recipe passed down from Yip Man to WSL to PB....

I would believe him ...IF he did ; ) but he wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Dream on ; ) ( in your case " lean on " )
    Lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    Yes, there are Gaun sau and Gwat sau in the WC I know..(Duncan Leung lineage).contained in SLT. Just another letter in WC's alphabet.
    Interesting to know. Duncan Leung and Leung Ting have no connection, though they have very similar stories about the nature of Yip Man's teaching when in private lessons.

But regarding garn sao and gwat sao, be wary of the PB gang. By sharing this information you have just violated the 2nd and 3rd Law of PBWSLVT Data Transference. LOL

But regarding garn sao and gwat sao, be wary of the PB gang. By sharing this information you have just violated the 2nd and 3rd Law of PBWSLVT Data Transference. LOL
    It must be difficult for you to realise that you don't know too much after all the time you have spent training. In a nutshell your data is corrupt and lacks any real substance.

Nice fella though

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    It must be difficult for you to realise that you don't know too much after all the time you have spent training. In a nutshell your data is corrupt and lacks any real substance. Nice fella though
    I see what you did there, Graham. You took my assertion that it is impossible for your lineage (or any, for that matter), to claim totality of knowledge, and then claimed I am lacking knowledge.

What I like about Leung Ting's data is that it is from Yip Man, but not only from Yip Man... it goes back further and looks at the sources' source, and the Wing Chun cousins (as it were) of that earlier source. LT's numerous trips into mainland China in the early 1980's revealed a lot... indeed, many today are rediscovering what he found some 40 years ago.

I wouldn't say it is corrupted data - but data that paints a broader picture. Yip Man's teachings weren't developed in a vacuum.

But I think you guys are nice fellas too - so high fives.

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    well, I don't know and cannot speak to who/what in private lessons...
    I am not familiar with PB, nor Leung Ting.
    Many, many moons ago I was getting fabulously drunk with a guy from Yip Chun's lineage, who said that Yip Chun had no recollection of his father giving private lessons to Leung Ting, and that LT's accounts of those lessons sounded false (the format of teaching).

A few years back Duncan Leung talked about his private lessons with Yip Man - saying that lessons were a few times a week, consisted of one hour of direct instruction, followed by Yip Man then hanging around for another hour or so to smoke and drink tea while correcting (verbally) the forms, dummy work, weapons work Duncan Leung was practicing while Yip Man watched. He also spoke of regularly meeting Yip Man for tea and dim sum - occasions when Yip Man would talk about Wing Chun (history, theories, general stories, etc)..... exactly the lesson and learning format that Leung Ting had also been talking about for years.

Regarding PB, all you really need to know is that:

a) he looks very skilled
    b) he takes his training very seriously, by all accounts
    c) some of his students have been brainwashed and would drink goat's blood if he gave it to them

Personally, I'm not out to get involved in another lineage bashing session. I'd love having a chance to meet and learn from PB and other such highly skilled WC men. And I'm not a brain-washed follower of any cult. I've met those kinds of people, mindlessly following their sifus, including some of the WT crowd. That's not for me.

@Kevin, sorry you think I'm dreaming when I asked that question. I don't see what the big deal is. A lot of lineages use slightly different techniques. A simple "no" would have sufficed.

@Hybridwarrior, is the guat/gwat-sau that you learned in Duncan Leung's WC the same of similar to what I described, and is it also present in the SNT form?
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Personally, I'm not out to get involved in another lineage bashing session. I'd love having a chance to meet and learn from PB and other such highly skilled WC men. And I'm not a brain-washed follower of any cult. I've met those kinds of people, mindlessly following their sifus, including some of the WT crowd. That's not for me.

@Kevin, sorry you think I'm dreaming when I asked that question. I don't see what the big deal is. A lot of lineages use slightly different techniques. A simple "no" would have sufficed.

@Hybridwarrior, is the guat/gwat-sau that you learned in Duncan Leung's WC the same of similar to what I described, and is it also present in the SNT form?
    No problem many are confused by the same things. I also was unaware and refered to the opening arm actions as x tan or high & low gaan sao. I was wrong, now I understand the meaning. What you are referring to in the 3 rd section of slt is gaan sao a cutting action , tan gaan tan, hit cut down hit ...
    Last edited by k gledhill; 03-30-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Angry

Many, many moons ago I was getting fabulously drunk with a guy from Yip Chun's lineage, who said that Yip Chun had no recollection of his father giving private lessons to Leung Ting, and that LT's accounts of those lessons sounded false (the format of teaching).

A few years back Duncan Leung talked about his private lessons with Yip Man - saying that lessons were a few times a week, consisted of one hour of direct instruction, followed by Yip Man then hanging around for another hour or so to smoke and drink tea while correcting (verbally) the forms, dummy work, weapons work Duncan Leung was practicing while Yip Man watched. He also spoke of regularly meeting Yip Man for tea and dim sum - occasions when Yip Man would talk about Wing Chun (history, theories, general stories, etc)..... exactly the lesson and learning format that Leung Ting had also been talking about for years.

Regarding PB, all you really need to know is that:

a) he looks very skilled
    b) he takes his training very seriously, by all accounts
    c) some of his students have been brainwashed and would drink goat's blood if he gave it to them
    I dont know to what extent but I know for sure master Leung Ting had direct instruction from gm Ip Man. I have seen photos of the two plainly in session together.Leung Ting was at one time on the directors board of the VTAA even after the "head of clan scandal."
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 03-30-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.