Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What will you do?

Blog Entries

What will you do?

You just meet some TCMA teacher the 1st time. He also has his students with him. He says, "Punch me". What will you do?
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    You just meet some TCMA teacher the 1st time. He also has his students with him. He says, "Punch me". What will you do?
    Politely decline and perhaps suggest whatever he wants to show me I would see better if he demonstrated with his student.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If I sense this guy is being a kung fu BS jerk then I'll give him a hard time.
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

I would either ask him why, or simply punch him and try to hit him. Since I just met him for the first time, and he is not my friend nor holds any association with me, I would try and connect with a punch since he is obviously trying to bait you into losing face in front of his students, and trying to show his superiority over you.

If he can be civil and kindly discuss what he is trying to demonstrate, I could work with him, but if he wants to be all sneaky, I will reply in kind and try to connect with a punch.

After all, he did ask for it.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I get that all the time, and not just TCMA

My reaction depends on who it is that is asking. Often I'll just leave my fist out and see what they'll do with it - protecting myself as best as I can, of course. That's probably not the wisest method, but most masters/practitioners know that if they blacken my eye, they'll never get published in any of our publications.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Man, I thought this was going to be a Hulkamaniac thread.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I would either ask him why,
    Just the last Sunday (3 days ago), the initial discussion was about WC Bong Shou. I mentioned my concern about the raising elbow. My opponent disagreed and said, "Punch me".

I did admire his willing to prove by his action instead of his words. The problem is he also forced me to prove with my action too. Since we both came from the same generation, he should understand the situation.

We could just exchanged opinions by "words". I will never ask anybody to punch me. I always like to punch first.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-03-2013 at 12:55 PM.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Punch him...
    But politely.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Just the last Sunday (3 days ago), the initial discussion was about WC Bong Shou. I mentioned my concern about the raising elbow. My opponent disagreed and said, "Punch me".

I did admire his willing to prove by his action instead of his words. The problem is he also forced me to prove with my action too. Since we both came from the same generation, he should understand the situation.

We could just exchanged opinions by "words". I will never ask anybody to punch me. I always like to punch first.
    Ahh I see. Did you end up punching him?

Throw a hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch.HeadButt View Post
    Throw a hook.
    /win

yes.

I would do the punch and slowly.

---

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Ahh I see. Did you end up punching him?
    This was exactly happened:

- I used right punch at his face.
    - He blocked it with his right Bon Shou.
    - My left hand pushed his right elbow up, and my right hand pressed his right wrist down.
    - He "tried" to drop his right elbow down into a Tan Shou, and punch me with his left hand at the same time.
    - I ...
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-03-2013 at 01:10 PM.

you threw a hook punch?