Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What will you do?

Do as he asks and hope he shows me something new in the process.

I'd fake a punch and kick him in his nards! He'd probably collapse under the weight of his swelling testicles but I'm sure he would thank me later for the lesson.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    you threw a hook punch?
    This was exactly happened (since my memory is still fresh):

- I used right punch at his face.
    - He blocked it with his right Bon Shou.
    - My left hand pushed his right elbow up, and my right hand pressed his right wrist down.
    - He "tried" to drop his right elbow down into Tan Shou (but he couldn't because my left hand was on his elbow joint), and punch me with his left hand at the same time.
    - I pulled his right arm across his body, and use it to jam his own left punch. At the same time,
    - I slided my left hand along his right arm to take over my right grip on his right wrist.
    - I then used my free right hand to garb his left arm (jammed by his own right arm) at the wrist.
    - Now I have grabbed both of his arms at the wrist position.
    - He tried to break my grips but failed.
    - I let him tried about 3 times. I then let go both of my grips and everything just stopped right there.

Later on he did comment that I have strong grip. He also commented that I should keep my arms loose, and not grab his arms so hard. I didn't argue with him. In my mind, "There is no way that I will let go your arms so you can punch me again".

There were no punches landed on anybody. It was a peaceful ending. This the beautiful of the grappling art IMO.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-03-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by Punch.HeadButt View Post
    Throw a hook.
    they can never defend the deadly hook

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post

There were no punches landed on anybody. It was a peaceful ending. This the beautiful of the grappling art IMO.
    He can also do a headbutt to your nose with hands being grabbed.

This was exactly happened (since my memory is still fresh):

- I used right punch at his face.
    - He blocked it with his right Bon Shou.
    - My left hand pushed his right elbow up, and my right hand pressed his right wrist down.
    - He "tried" to drop his right elbow down into Tan Shou (but he couldn't because my left hand was on his elbow joint), and punch me with his left hand at the same time.
    - I pulled his right arm across his body, and use it to jam his own left punch. At the same time,
    - I slided my left hand along his right arm to take over my right grip on his right wrist.
    - I then used my free right hand to garb his left arm (jammed by his own right arm) at the wrist.
    - He tried to break my grips but failed.
    - I let him tried about 3 times. I then let go both of my grips and everything just stopped right there.

Later on he did comment that I have strong grip. He also commented that I should keep my arms loose, and not grab his arms so hard. I didn't argue with him. In my mind, "There is no way that I will let go your arms so you can punch me again".

non grappler is always impressed by grappler grip strength. the way i see it you gained more face because not only were you right in your thoughts but also that you tied him up and in that position as a grappler, and he a striker, you had more opportunity to follow and finish.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Depends whos asking. Diff answer for diff types of people and diff situations.

I would either politely decline and walk away and never come back, politely decline and stick around, throw an easy straight punch in a bow stance or waste no time and give him a taste of the nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    non grappler is always impressed by grappler grip strength.
    Non striker (who isn't used to getting hit) will always be impressed with a good strikers speed/power.

You gotta love those grapplers that refuse to learn to strike and have a rock for a head. So funny to watch. It's looks a lot like a sexual assault.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    He can also do a headbutt to your nose with hands being grabbed.

True but since I can do the same, I'll call that 50-50 situation.

True but since I can do the same, I'll call that 50-50 situation.
    Mark Coleman used the headbutt while in someones guard to great effect. When they changed the rules, he lost a great advantage. That stuff works. And when you are on your back, your headbutts are like love taps. When you are in someones guard and you drop into it the way you would any other power strike, man that shit hurts!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Non striker (who isn't used to getting hit) will always be impressed with a good strikers speed/power.
    If we can prove that a striker can always beat a grappler (or the other way around), we won't need "cross training".

This is why it's always better to look at every situation from both sides point of views. Some Judo guys like to stay in Judo forum and talk about Judo only. To me, it makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-03-2013 at 02:33 PM.

You gotta love those grapplers that refuse to learn to strike and have a rock for a head. So funny to watch. It's looks a lot like a sexual assault.
    thats true!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Hold the phone

Since we both came from the same generation, he should understand the situation.
    This person was in your lineage? If it was an inner-lineage exchange and not some outsider challenge, that changes everything. We're always trading techniques and testing amongst people that are within our own generation.

As for head butts, I was taught how to head butt by a fencing teammate who also played rugby. It was pretty effective in fencing (it was illegal too but when applied like it was an accident, who was the wiser? ). Of course, in fencing, you have a fencing mask. Mine was solid stainless steel. That made it easier to head butt.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Mark Coleman used the headbutt while in someones guard to great effect. When they changed the rules, he lost a great advantage. That stuff works. And when you are on your back, your headbutts are like love taps. When you are in someones guard and you drop into it the way you would any other power strike, man that shit hurts!
    Headbutt can be game changer, in the guard or clinch. I like to fake it sometimes when rolling just as a reminder it can happen in da streetz.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Headbutt can be game changer, in the guard or clinch. I like to fake it sometimes when rolling just as a reminder it can happen in da streetz.
    Yeah, it always comes to mind when somebody has me wrapped up in guard. But then so do elbows, shoulder strikes and good ol fashioned fist smashing face techniques. Sometimes I had to check myself when I was doing straight up no gi and mma back to back.

When sparring, I like to strike the ribs or chest and remind my opponent that it could have been a stab and not a punch. It's important to keep stuff like that in mind. My old teacher would always say "That works well unless........"