Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What will you do?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I'll never use square stance even if I had cross training in WC. We both have right side forward. Otherwise he should use his left Bong Shou to block my right punch. If my right hand can reach to his left wrist, I would use right hook punch instead.
    Oh, ok. I just didn't picture how you use right gwa against left attack if he is still right forward and you control his right.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I have inversted almost all my lifetime in "head lock". I'll hate not to use it if I have a chance.
    Haha. Well, I suggested only because you said that headlock might be overdoing it with your friend.

You mentioned on another post about right lead and not switching sides.

So if you have right lead, and two hand control on his right, would you not step your left forward and attack with your left hand like brush eyebrow or reverse headlock/guillotine? Right hand still keeps control of his right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Oh, ok. I just didn't picture how you use right gwa against left attack if he is still right forward and you control his right.
    Of course I'll need to use "arm guiding" to guide my opponent's right arm under my left armpit. This way I can free my right arm and use it to Gwa his left punch. In both cases, I need to free my right arm ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    So if you have right lead, and two hand control on his right, would you not step your left forward and attack with your left hand like brush eyebrow or reverse headlock/guillotine? Right hand still keeps control of his right.
    I prefer to use my

- left arm to control, and
    - right arm to attack.

If I reverse it, my successful rate will drop.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-04-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument