Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts and other Paranormalities

Blog Entries
    once, i left my mothers cemetary and as i was driving out of it my doors locked by themselves. scared the beejeebus out of me.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    once, i left my mothers cemetary and as i was driving out of it my doors locked by themselves. scared the beejeebus out of me.

You aren't claiming this as a paranormal experience though, right?

I'm actually angry with myself for ever believing any of that crap when I was younger.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

When we are young we want to believe therefor we do. Many grow out of it and take a critical position, others never let go of that comfort zone. Rather than be angry that you were led astray as a youth, be happy that you had the wherewithal to ask the right questions in order to gain a broader perspective. A lot of people think that believing the unlikely is what an open mind is, they have no idea of what they are missing. As a scientist you have to be open to the idea that there will be things you can't explain, but you also have to follow the evidence. In this case, all the evidence is either inconclusive or outright flawed. To believe based on inconclusive evidence is actually being closed minded. Some will never get that though, they are far too entrenched in the comfort zone bubble they have created for themselves. Self delusion is a bitch like that.

Boo!

"Bill Nye, do you believe in ghosts? NO, however, I'd love to see one."

Too many people confuse skepticism with cynicism. A skeptic mind as in open mind... by definition. In the frontiers of the sciences, being wrong is often more exciting than being right.

Everybody has the right to an opinion, but they do NOT have the right to have that opinion respected. This is especially true when offering nothing but an opinion.

Blog Entries
    You aren't claiming this as a paranormal experience though, right?
    No, sorry i know better than that. I WAS IN FACT controlled by alien life forms concerned over my well being. But i would still love to hear your thoughts on what you think just locked my doors. can you 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt prove it wasn't?

When we are young we want to believe therefor we do. Many grow out of it and take a critical position, others never let go of that comfort zone.
    This seems to bother you more than the average person. of course you'll deny it. tis very stereotypical of your types.

A lot of people think that believing the unlikely is what an open mind is, they have no idea of what they are missing.
    not everything can be proven with science. not yet at least. I'd take unlikely over "it just didn't happen". at least you know you can't say for sure if it did or not.

One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
    Fits you to the T buddy boy. it was generally accepted that the earth was flat too for a time. can you imagine how they felt when they realized just how wrong they were? i know you can.

To believe based on inconclusive evidence is actually being closed minded. Some will never get that though, they are far too entrenched in the comfort zone bubble they have created for themselves.
    No no....thats your ego. See, you're even speaking for those ....fuk i don't even know who you're referring to since there's only 3 people involved with this thread. LOL. see you have the choice not to believe based on science. I chose to believe my experience while always knowing there are people who fake stuff because they're low lifes. so while science has no concrete answer.....i'll continue to know and experience things some people are just to dense to comprehend.

Everybody has the right to an opinion, but they do NOT have the right to have that opinion respected. This is especially true when offering nothing but an opinion.
    Vice versa...Capish?
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 04-08-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    But i would still love to hear your thoughts on what you think just locked my doors. can you 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt prove it wasn't?
    No, but as a person who's education is covers the process used in door locks, I can tell you that if they are powered locks, it's a no brainer. If they are mechanical locks, I don't believe you that all of them locked at the same time with no physical force acting upon them.

And jesus told me again this morning that you are full of shit.

YOU CAN'T DEBUNK THAT!!!

Man, we have been through this like 10 times now. COME ON!

For the rest...

Wow.

I'm sorry, I'm not even going to dignify that with a point to point response.

Maybe somebody else can show you where you have utterly failed. I couldn't be bothered anymore. I tried to even walk you through the things you ask of me and you were unwilling to put in the work the whole time. Real science is hard work, bullshit is easy. If you aren't willing to understand, don't ask.

And the opinions I offer have tons evidence supporting them... or lack thereof.

Yours have none. That's the difference. And you asking me to show you all this evidence demonstrates your deep lack of understanding of what it is we're talking about here.

Blog Entries
    No, but as a person who's education is covers the process used in door locks, I can tell you that if they are powered locks, it's a no brainer. If they are mechanical locks, I don't believe you that all of them locked at the same time with no physical force acting upon them.

And jesus told me again this morning that you are full of ****.
    if he told you that he was only feeding your never ending ego. LOL you will learn the truth some day. you really will. i promise you. but then again, according to you we just die and that's it. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

does it matter to me if you don't believe me? nope. you're spiritually dead. what waits for you on the other side isn't meant for you.

And the opinions I offer have tons evidence supporting them... or lack thereof.
    none of it amounts to sh1t.

Yours have none. That's the difference. And you asking me to show you all this evidence demonstrates your deep lack of understanding of what it is we're talking about here.
    who are you and what does your opinion matter in the bigger scheme of things? absolutely nathin. you're just a naysayer wanna be know it all. it must suck to be so spiritually dead.

Blog Entries
    But syn,

i won't fault you on being spiritually dead. you chose this life and all it had to offer for whatever it had to offer you as an individual in this existence. perhaps you were on the other end of the spectrum in past lives. in all there is there's a balance. some things are not meant for you to experience but your scientific ego can't wrap itself around this idea.

So is mother's intuition fake too? would you tell your mother the same things you told me? LOL.

if ghosts are real, the black ghosts and white ghosts would be fighting all the time, flipping tables throwing chairs. America seems pretty peaceful to me.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

So, people claiming to have the "real truth" and telling people they need to "wake up" are the same people calling people arrogant?

Aw-righty...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Blog Entries
    if ghosts are real, the black ghosts and white ghosts would be fighting all the time, flipping tables throwing chairs. America seems pretty peaceful to me.
    yup at denny's, mickey d's, burger king. america is peace

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I think you are off base on the Wright brothers. They believed it possible for Man to fly and asserted that and then went on to evidence it by showing it through application. It was not a new thing by the Time the Wright brothers got hold of it. Leonardo fashioned a workable hang glider after all. Powered flight is where the Wright brothers made the departure.

What is it that cannot be evidenced that can be asserted? Not much really.
    And if it is asserted without evidence, it can be dismissed in the same manner. It is that simple. It is really as simple as, if there is no proof, then come back when you have some and your assertion will be considered.

If someone asserts the existence of a deity, I would refute that as a belief. I believe it, but I can't evidence it. I can't evidence mine or anyone else's god at all. But I don't assert it to anyone that mine is real etc. I can only assert that I believe.

I am completely okay with the statement because it mete's out factually and actually. And whether an individual lacks the evidence is different from whether or not there actually is any at all.
    IMO, the issue is dismissing something outright simply because there may be no evidence for it, especially when we have not set out definite parameters for evidence.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !