Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea

OT: North Korea's leader

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kim_jong_il__

It has just been discovered that Kim Jong Il has his own web journal. Follow the link...

Thumbs up

Brilliant.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Funny stuff. I have no doubt that's exactly how this little toad thinks and operates.
    K. Mark Hoover

Question Did anyone watch PBS? about North Korea?

Last Night (9-11). A show on PBS(public broadcasting station) aried a show on NORTH Korea and its perspectives on the Korean war and thier perspectives of us,as they call us," Imperialist Americans".
    It was actually a real cool show. They showed some of the gymnastic activities that the young korean female students do for, as they call him,"the beloved general leader".
    Some of the gymnastic routines looked like aspects of drunken kung fu(was quite cool to watch). Aside from that it was VERY interesting to listen to some of the people who live in N.Korea and how they see the rest of the world. ESPECIALLY US Americans.
    TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

nope, didn't see it.

will it replay?

i caught the 1st half hour... i was very interesting... i wonder how uncensored the nationalism was... but i thot the communication was very open and sincere... i was on the floor when the lights came back on and mom was like "**** Americans"... i wonder if their school system has the same problem as ours... they SEEM to include students with the 'mass gymnastics"... where as students here feel left out... but the film DIDN"T showstudents that were not part of the 'mass games'... so they might feel just as alinated *shrug*... its also interesting how they had the 3 classes... and how blue collar workers are seen as being on equal ground with the while collar workers... where as here... if u are a labourer... u are almost a 2nd class citizen... but again they didn't focus on interactions between the classes... so classism might exist... beautiful country... i hope the politicals can figure it out.... hate for it to get bombed back into the stoneage... again...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

I saw some of it, mostly about when they talked about the Korean war, etc... They talked about how even though it was a UN thing, the US bombs are what they hated most and so they blame the US for the devostations of that war.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Communist countries its hard to say.

I know an equal amout of cubans that love cuba as opposed to those who hate it and want to get away.
    Same as ppl that visit there.

then again, it's probably like that everywhere to varying degrees regarless of what political stance. can't please everybody

Excellent piece of work. I missed the beginning but it was interesting to see access this documentary were given.

Keep in mind that all of the documentary (that I saw) was located in Pyongyang. People in Pyongyang have it good. Try to imagine how the rest of the country, people in the country, are doing. The family mentioned that they had only corn for two weeks. I'm sure the people in the country or poor areas had nothing; hence, the starvation and deaths. Also, North Koreans blame the US for everything because they truly believe that the US began the war. The US devastated their city without provocation in their mind. N. Koreans are so isolated and brain-washed that they do not know any better. It is a sad and dangerous country.

I recommend that people read the book "Two Koreas". It discusses modern North and South Korea.

Cheers,
    J

unfortunate when a country has to depend on the outside world to sustain itself... wish i could have watched the rest... PBS last week also did a thing on the World Bank and the IMF's role on globilization and it effect on different countries... and how it all started when international banks backed out of Indonesia, Japan, the Filipians etc... the effect of some African countries defaulting on loans and the way the IMF put conditions on loans to bail them out... which only made conditions worse... sounded like the credit card business... suck for a country that doesn't have control over its own resources...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Re: Did anyone watch PBS? about North Korea?

Originally posted by The Willow Sword
    Aside from that it was VERY interesting to listen to some of the people who live in N.Korea and how they see the rest of the world. ESPECIALLY US Americans.
    TWS

You're one of those whom Lenin Called "Useful Fools"

Thumbs down tnwingtsun

i am not a communist. but i do respect other peoples ways of governing themselves and although i feel that communism is a failed system i still feel as though we as a country of supposed independant people should not mess in the affairs of other countries.

oh and by the way, go suck a dead mans dik you white trash piece of sh!t.
    love,,TWS.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

but i do respect other peoples ways of governing themselves
    Umm, can they really be considered to be governing themselves when it's a dictatorship?

I saw an excerpt of a documentary on North Korea a while ago(either before the war in Iraq or during the initial bombings... don't remember), but North Korea is a pretty creepy place... the traffic cops directing phantom traffic... complete abscense of disabled people in the capital... the brainwashing... the unstable midget tyrant... that place is messed up.

i still feel as though we as a country of supposed independant people should not mess in the affairs of other countries. -TWS

Kind of like when the North Koreans stormed across South Korea's border an attacked without being provoked?

Or like the numerous incursions the North's commandoes have made over and around the 38th parallel since the cease fire?

If North Korea resents the Americans and the UN jumping into the war, can we resent the Red Chinese for jumping in? How about the Soviets who encouraged and backed the whole invasion and then sent Soviet pilots (Honcho's) to fight in the war?

The South is where people were allowed to govern themselves originally. Rhee was elected in a UN supervised democratic election. North Korea's dictator was handed control of the North by the Soviets- no election at all.

Any footage of prosperity coming from the North is as much BS propganda as Kijongdong Village, DPRK.
    Monkey vs. Robot