Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea

Unhappy

~ North Korea is a sad sad situation. They have a fudgepacking midget dictator who directs worship at himself. They have not got enough food. Some riduculous amount of the economy goes to the war machine of the NKA (I think it is on the order of 65%) The only places with worse human rights records are Afghanistan under that Taliban, Saudi Arabia, and Iran.
    ~ South Korea with less arible land produces more food. It has less rivers and produces more electricity. Less natural resouces yet is one of the largest manufacturing economies in the world.
    ~ **** white male christian and jewish Americans, We are the only cause of problems that anyone in the world ever experiances...
    ~ In reality, North Korea represents the sort or society that the moronic left wing wishes to impose on the United States and the rest of the free world

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Sin Loi’s Calvanist Martial Arts: My martial skills suck! Your martial skill sucks! We must work harder so we suck less!!!

Post well i feel as though we should not,,,

Mess around in the affairs of other countries. WW2 i believe was necessary for we were trying to stop a dictator from taking over the world following in the footsteps of Alexander the great and Napolean etc.
    In the case of N.Korea Vs S.korea, i mean we went in there as a political affort to counter what we thought was this great communist threat to american and all of the "free world". But you know Public relations and propaganda can really brainwash a country into thinking that evertime they turn a corner something bad will happen to them,,which was the case after ww2 when the soviets put up thier wall and isolated themselves. i mean really when you think of it the casualties lost in ww2 on the soviet side was twice that of the jewish people being gassed and horribly murdered. is it any wonder that the russians closed off thier borders to everyone. Now dont get me wrong i still and will always contend that communism is a failed system of governemt. i mean the soviet government structure collapsed. N korea seems to be the only communist dictatorship around now. and they ARE isolated from the rest of the world. i mean the documentray showed this. i mean if we lifted sanctions on N korea i dont think they would get along very well with other countries they wouldnt get very far anyway,in my opinion, in trade or commerce. they really have nothing the rest of the world needs.
    TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Stranger - all true, yet Korea was one nation until Western colonial powers charged in and divided it up arbitratrily. I don't like Jim Il Jong any better than anybody else, but let's not ignore the US' role in creating a situation where he could gain power. If we do feel the need to involve ourselves in the politics of other countries, we should do so with as light, compassionate, and cognizant of history touch as possible.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Stranger - all true, yet Korea was one nation until Western colonial powers charged in and divided it up arbitratrily.
    - CSN

How so? The Soviets occupied the North. They weren't leaving. We couldn't make them leave. We did the best we could- free elections in the part that we held. Western powers didn't divide Korea, they wanted to unify it. The Soviets wanted to unify it too, just under a dictator puppet they installed.
    Monkey vs. Robot

i mean if we lifted sanctions on N korea i dont think they would get along very well with other countries they wouldnt get very far anyway,in my opinion, in trade or commerce. they really have nothing the rest of the world needs.
    - TWS

North Korea has a lot too offer the world apparently in terms of arms, military training, and drugs.

If we lifted sanctions on the country, what would lead us to believe that in an unprecedented move the DPRK govt. would actually let the food, money, and medical supplies reach the population and not just bolster the military/ I mean, even when DPRK had the whole communist bloc trading with them the population was still starving and the productivity of the country was awful. To simplify it, if we gave the DPRK $10 the govt. and military would absorb about $9.99 and the people would get a penny. All we would be doing is strengthenening the true enemy of North and South Korean people- their govt.

That is unless DPRK did some unprecedented political act of kindness to their own people. He11, even when they have some excess money in the North, theyspend it on shallow propaganda efforts. As if any sane person from the South would want to defect to that economic wasteland.
    Monkey vs. Robot

I am waiting for CSN to answer your question Stranger,he has no answer because his statment is rhetoric.

7. North Korea Unveils Nukes...

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/sto...L2&floc=NW_1-T

funny part is, they are now saying they will only disarm if the US international policies change. Well this is great news. WW3 here we come. Because if 9/11 couldn't make us change our policies, this crazy little ****er pointing nukes at the far east surely won't.

practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

They are not pointed at us.

I seriously doubt they can reach us.

Nukes =/= intercontinental ballistic missiles

intercontinental ballistic missiles =/= intercontinental ballistic missiles that can get through our missle defenses. "Star Wars" may have been a joke when dealing with the then superpower of the Soviet Union but I'm sure we can handle anything the ROK can send out way.

Thumbs up yeah i agree with omar on this one

HOWEVER it would not stop them from using it somewhere else on our troops and other countries that N korea dislikes.

plus you have to wonder about the "sum of all fears" scenario.

will this be another excuse to go in and start a war before something like this happens to us? if GW is in for another 4 years will he do the same thing as he did in iraq? the cards are quite a bit different when your so called enemy has a few tactical nukes hidden up their sleeve.
    it was easy to rush in to iraq but it will not be so easy to rush in to N korea.

i pray that a ww3 does not happen in my lifetime.

PEACE,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I'm sure we can handle anything the ROK can send out way.

The ROK (Republic of Korea) is South Korea. North Korea is DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea).
    Monkey vs. Robot

12. Originally posted by omarthefish
    They are not pointed at us.

I seriously doubt they can reach us.

Nukes =/= intercontinental ballistic missiles

intercontinental ballistic missiles =/= intercontinental ballistic missiles that can get through our missle defenses. "Star Wars" may have been a joke when dealing with the then superpower of the Soviet Union but I'm sure we can handle anything the ROK can send out way.
    there is no such thing as star wars. It was an idea that never materialized and the government does not want to spend the resources to do it and the rest of the world wont let it.

Actually, a great deal of useable technology was developed - from theatre-based patriot missle batteries, to the Aegis (I may have the name wrong, Aegis might be older) radar systems, to the missle defense grid going up in Alaska... not to mention killer sattelites... All of these technologies and more fall under the 'Star Wars' umbrella...

Is it perfect? No.

Are we substantially more capable than the North? Yes.

Would the North cave? You bet. Even with the brainwashing, the people are starving, hungry, and desperate after decades of living in a 'workers paradise.'

More likely the PRC is behind this so they can move against Taiwan and seize the Sprately Islands for oil. Korea is just a diversion...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

How, pray tell, would the rest of the world stop us if we wanted to develop it? How arrogant.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

If we look at the laws of cause and effect. And we further understand a thing called ramifications, then Nuclear weapons can not be ruled out as a weapon of war and will likely be used as one, albeit, perhaps in a limited way, and in our lifetimes.

You can't expect someone to be given a gun and to never use it.
    You don't honestly think humanity has that much honour do you?

That is laughable, as a species we have lost our way on so many levels. It is pretty much inevitable.

so, if you want to survive a post apocalyptic nuclear event, (which I wouldn't want to survive personally) then dig your bomb shelter now!

I'm guessing that in the current flow of the river of time we have about another 10 years of relatively ok life on the planet left. After that all the mistakes of our forfathers will be long forgotten because we won't have our grandfathers around to tell us about their great war anymore. Kinda like what happend after ww1. we have had a little longer of a respite since ww2, but pandoras box is open and fundamentally, humans are stupid that way.

And now that the non-proliferation treaties have been nixxed by the biggest kid on teh block, what is really there to stop it from happening?

nothing, that's what.
    Kung Fu is good for you.