Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Living in a material world

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    "When you can keep your wits while all around you others lose theirs...."

Congressman speaking thugese. Reporting backing down.
    Interesting...
    Interesting that the media hasn't used the word thug. But then Thug is the new term for n****r these days...

Don't know if it's true or not, but you gotta like this guy...
    Name:  EpicLazy.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  95.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Interesting that the media hasn't used the word thug. But then Thug is the new term for n****r these days...
    Thug 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mlnm3rfnww

Thug 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxofhdmijGc

Who is the real thug?
    a. Thug 1
    b. Thug 2

Just because a thug issued a threat and no one hears it, is the fellow still a thug?

Bladeless wind turbine

Awesome!!!

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...turbine-ewicon

Dutch researchers have created a bladeless wind turbine with no moving parts that produces electricity using charged water droplets.

While most wind turbines generate electricity by converting kinetic energy into mechanical energy of the blades rotating, which in turn generates electrical energy, the Ewicon (which somewhat awkwardly stands for Electrostatic WInd Energy CONverter) creates electrical energy directly from wind energy.

It does this through the displacement of charged particles by the wind in the opposite direction of an electrical field. The device comprises a steel frame holding around 40 horizontal rows of insulated tubes -- giving it the appearance of a large tennis racket. Each tube features several electrodes and nozzles which release positively-charge water into the air, through a process that's been dubbed "electrospraying".

Positively charged particles naturally move towards the negative electrode, but when the wind is allowed to push the particle away from the negative electrode, it increases its potential electrical energy -- a little like pushing a rock up a hill against gravity. This increased energy can then be collected.
    And, you can paint them like a sunflower.

http://www.exposingthetruth.co/blade...#axzz2sxQyHLlL

Name:  saphonian_turbine_bladeless-0.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  bladless wind generator.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  6.8 KB
    Last edited by GoldenBrain; 02-10-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Solar Roads

This is as good a thread as any to post this. I think this is an amazing idea. Not only could it power the world, but road maintenance would be as easy as snapping legos together, and ice would be a thing of the past. Also the LED lighted roadways would look really cool.

http://www.iflscience.com/technology...entire-country

This is exactly what this thread is for. So it's not as good as any place, it is the place.

I haven't looked at anything outside of that link, but I didn't see a few things that I would like to know. One is the issue of localized storage. The other is cost per. IMO, we need to move away from the grid as it is now, and move towards self sustaining modules, the smaller the better. We already have everything we need to do this, we just need to deal with storage. It's a huge problem as far as efficiency is concerned. I'm hoping the new graphene supercaps will help with this. We'll see. We waste most of the energy we produce. Success is measured in output, not input.

"forced photovoltaic drainage" could drain the suns energy

This is exactly what this thread is for. So it's not as good as any place, it is the place.
    Awesome! Then I have made it to the technophile holy land.

Alright, so I just had to share this little nugget of goodness. (link below) I'm not sure if it's a joke but if not then there's some seriously delusional people out there. The link below is an article describing an apparent study proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that solar panels not only draw power from the suns energy, but they actually suck the suns energy away from the sun like a vacuum cleaner. The process has been termed “forced photovoltaic drainage.”

Do you think it's possible that these people have never heard of photosynthesis? If so called "forced photovoltaic drainage" was even a remote possibility I would think the plants of this world would have drained the sun a long long long time ago.

Here's a little something from the article to get you started.

WIT is adamant that there’s no immediate danger, however. “Currently, solar panels are an energy niche, and do not pose a serious risk to the sun. But if we converted our grids to solar energy in a big way, with panels on domestic homes and commercial businesses, and paving our parking lots with panels, we’d start seeing very serious problems over time. If every home in the world had solar panels on their roofs, global temperatures would drop by as much as thirty degrees over twenty years, and the sun could die out within three hundred to four hundred years.”
    And this quote below... Yep, I thought it would be something like that.

The study was commissioned in August 2011 by the Halliburton corporation
    http://nationalreport.net/solar-pane...y-experts-say/

I'm seriously debating moving the entire family to Sweden. What's not to love about Sweden. Good coffee, solar and other renewable energy, only 1 percent of trash hits the landfill and they are closing 11 out of their 12 prisons due to lack of criminals, and you can smoke weed legally. Yep, Sweden is looking better and better each day.
    Last edited by GoldenBrain; 05-25-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Lol. The National Report is a troll site. Like the onion but with less intelligence and class. Worry not, my friend. It is indeed a joke.

Lol. The National Report is a troll site. Like the onion but with less intelligence and class. Worry not, my friend. It is indeed a joke.

Shwoooo! ***wipes sweat off my forehead***

Now back to this tasty Belgium amber ale...

So NC is speeding ahead in its race to the bottom

This is happening http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/05/...sses-bill.html

Notice the part about how the ban is to persist until adequate protections are in place. I'm sure most conservatives in NC would say there are already too much. Except there's now this going on

http://www.newsweek.com/north-caroli...-felony-251537

So now what this means is that anyone from 1st responders (EMT's, fire dept, etc) to physicians would be legally barred from sharing what chemical had poisoned say...your kid.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    This is happening http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/05/...sses-bill.html

Notice the part about how the ban is to persist until adequate protections are in place. I'm sure most conservatives in NC would say there are already too much. Except there's now this going on

http://www.newsweek.com/north-caroli...-felony-251537

So now what this means is that anyone from 1st responders (EMT's, fire dept, etc) to physicians would be legally barred from sharing what chemical had poisoned say...your kid.
    These Fracking Frackers are not going to be happy until they poison our entire fresh water supply. NC is a beautiful place but there is some real dumb there. Now that I'm living in TX I get to see first hand what fracking is doing and it isn't pretty. I posted a video the other day which I took down at my friends request. He wasn't finished with it and I don't think he liked the theme music, but other than that his product is amazing in that it's able to dissolve oil by using natural biodegradable microbes. It's pretty awesome stuff. The bad part is hearing about the industrial level sites his company is cleaning up. This pollution is so bad that most people can't even grasp the level it's at and if they could many are unwilling to burst their protective bubble long enough to do anything about it. Sad...

Unfortunately, the wealthy won't be the ones to suffer the consequences. Never are. They can afford clean water etc. It's the poor *******s left to live in the mess left behind when the carbon barons move on to the next area.

The ban kind of reminds me of that law that forbids filming the meat industry, even from a distance. Ridiculous. If sunlight is forbidden, you can bet your ass it's dirty dirty.

You americans need to support the move for a constitutional amendment under article V to, for starters, reverse citizens united through your State Legislators via an amendments convention of the states. This vitriolic bull**** is starting to bleed over to everyone else and it's shamefully ridiculous. The rest of the world has enough problems.

Near the turn of the 20th century the states wanted a direct election of senators, and Nebraska was the first state to call for an Article V. Convention in 1893. By 1913 the movement had come within one state of reaching the necessary 2/3 threshold that would force a convention. When it became clear to Congress that the 17th Amendment was going to happen one way or another they decided to preempt a convention by passing it themselves. The threat of a convention is the strongest message we can send and the most effective way to restore our democracy in the United States. This can and must be done in a far shorter time period then it took for the 17th Amendment, then again, they didn't have the power of the internet and other technology we will be using in this battle.
    Make that happen. It's already well under way and if you aren't familiar, you should get familiar.

Have a nice day

Light converted to matter

Screw 3d printers. Lets just make stuff from light.

http://www.popsci.com/article/scienc...src=SOC&dom=fb

Nice.
    By accident?
    Amazing how that stuff happens sometimes.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !