Thread: Ving Tsun Vanderhoof

Ving Tsun Vanderhoof

Well, I've got the go ahead to start a 'toned down' Ving Tsun' course at a community drop in located in Vanderhoof B.C. I won't be charging anything since the folks that come here usually don't have much money.I'll report more if and when the group gets going.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Good luck!

How do you plan to teach? I'm guessing people would come and go, week to week, month to month - or do you think you'll get regular attendance?
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Good luck!

How do you plan to teach? I'm guessing people would come and go, week to week, month to month - or do you think you'll get regular attendance?
    Thanks BPWT.
    Well, my idea in this environment and with these mostly tough youths, is to offer a modular course of aprox. 3 months introducing the students to martial science/arts in general. Starting them off on an overview of the different kinds of martial arts and ideas of what they mean. Developing a base of safety, fitness and basic technology to prepare willing students for further study. Field trips to martial arts clubs ( Karate, jiu jitsu, RCMP hand to hand training etc.) to see how they differ and to ecourage students to feel what's right for them.
    For students that show continuing intrest in VT let them focus on our art. Those that show curiosity in other MA 's guide them to the right teachers to pursue their intrest.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 04-11-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Happy: Good on you, mate. Sounds like it should go over well. Keep us posted down the road.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Thumbs up

Yes - keep us posted. Really an interesting project.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

6. Bonne Chance !
    "Deepest depth, Where one live with no light, No evil can escape my sticky tentacle, Beware the radiant octopus might !"

www.poulperadieux.com

Good luck with it.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    Thanks BPWT.
    Well, my idea in this environment and with these mostly tough youths, is to offer a modular course of aprox. 3 months introducing the students to martial science/arts in general. Starting them off on an overview of the different kinds of martial arts and ideas of what they mean. Developing a base of safety, fitness and basic technology to prepare willing students for further study. Field trips to martial arts clubs ( Karate, jiu jitsu, RCMP hand to hand training etc.) to see how they differ and to ecourage students to feel what's right for them.
    For students that show continuing intrest in VT let them focus on our art. Those that show curiosity in other MA 's guide them to the right teachers to pursue their intrest.
    Good luck, I started working with a guy who deals with gang " youth " , he also attempts to give them some sort of direction. Peer pressure is hard to deal with when it comes to heroin, crack, meth and a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Good luck, I started working with a guy who deals with gang " youth " , he also attempts to give them some sort of direction. Peer pressure is hard to deal with when it comes to heroin, crack, meth and a gun.
    Thanks all. This is where I come from. These are the fighters I know. Many ,their heart is warrior,
    and will do well to know the code.

Do they know the green cross code?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Do they know the green cross code?
    Hahahah,round here, yer more likely to be hit by a train.