Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: traditional kung fu in michigan lansing

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    how far is it from east lansing? is it possible by bus? i no has car.

its called face reading. its part of kung fu cultur
    No bus, but I'll see if any Saturday students make the commute from Lansing. Some do from time to time. It's about an hour away.

and Jamieson I agree with Bawang... if it looks and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a... Not that there's anything wrong with that. But when a person presents himself as a chi hippy, it's probably because he's a chi hippy. Bawang seems to be more of a physical, put in the real work and get some bruises type of kung fu person.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    No bus, but I'll see if any Saturday students make the commute from Lansing. Some do from time to time. It's about an hour away.

and Jamieson I agree with Bawang... if it looks and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a... Not that there's anything wrong with that. But when a person presents himself as a chi hippy, it's probably because he's a chi hippy. Bawang seems to be more of a physical, put in the real work and get some bruises type of kung fu person.
    lol.

It's getting contagious!

carry on.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol.

It's getting contagious!

carry on.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with people doing martial arts or cma for reasons that are less than 'martial'.

Yeah, go to Midland!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

I don't think there's anything wrong with people doing martial arts or cma for reasons that are less than 'martial'.
    There is absolutely nothing on that page or on the site it links to that says anything of the sort about alternate uses etc.

Face it, Bawang is just being a bitter racist again.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

well it does say:

"Tai Chi is a sub-class of Nei Jia (Neijar), collectively known as the Internal Family of Chinese Kung Fu. It is offered to those more interested in form, low impact exercise and health maintenance rather than the actual application or the martial components of the art."

just in case you missed it

edit: i had the underlined and boldened all big and stuff too cuz i thought it was funny, but it just looked annoying.
    Last edited by Lucas; 05-06-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    well it does say:

"Tai Chi is a sub-class of Nei Jia (Neijar), collectively known as the Internal Family of Chinese Kung Fu. It is offered to those more interested in form, low impact exercise and health maintenance rather than the actual application or the martial components of the art."

just in case you missed it

edit: i had the underlined and boldened all big and stuff too cuz i thought it was funny, but it just looked annoying.
    at least they're honest.

ya for sure. it never made sense to me for people to front like they're martial when they do no application work...its like what you think people wont notice?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    There is absolutely nothing on that page or on the site it links to that says anything of the sort about alternate uses etc.

Face it, Bawang is just being a bitter racist again.
    how is disliking old aging pathetic hippies racist?

you never had a 60 year old woman bow to you and say namaste at a tai chi lesson, and invite you to a tantric workshop. fukin disgusting, man.
    Last edited by bawang; 05-06-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

You never had a 60 year old woman bow to you and say namaste at a tai chi lesson, and invite you to a tantric workshop. Fukin disgusting, man.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!

you never had a 60 year old woman bow to you and say namaste at a tai chi lesson, and invite you to a tantric workshop. fukin disgusting, man.
    Did you go?

Did you go?
    i told her i have aids.

theres also a couple of bak sil lum guys that teach tai chi exclusively to young college women. they try to seduce them during push hands. they hang out at the coffee shop next to campus for 4 hours a day handing out flyer to girls.
    Last edited by bawang; 05-06-2013 at 11:15 AM.

did she care?

i told her i have aids.
    You should've went. Could've learned some awesome chi kung from that ol' cougar!

You should've went. Could've learned some awesome chi kung from that ol' cougar!
    its virgine is a blind sac, a bottomless pit. no life comes out, only death.