Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon's Iron Vest

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    You dinna read it all....
    its called abdominal breathing

in traditional kung fu weight lifting overlaps with iron shirt
    Last edited by bawang; 04-16-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    its called abdominal breathing

in traditional kung fu weight lifting overlaps with iron shirt

Man, o, man....you guys....

Anything to weasel out of a little training.

Sure: pulling some weights = Iron Vest

I'll bet you'll WOW 'em down at Planet Fitness.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Man, o, man....you guys....

Anything to weasel out of a little training.

Sure: pulling some weights = Iron Vest

I'll bet you'll WOW 'em down at Planet Fitness.
    you dont seem to understand what exactly is iron shirt.

you dont seem to understand what exactly is iron shirt.

Well, there it is, then.
    Quote:

Well, there it is, then.
    if you can reveal your super duper secret green dragon protocol, then we can have a discussion.

right now i dont even know what the hell u b doing for 2 hours with those 72 reps

flexing your stomach for 2+ hours a day is gonna fuk up your spine badly.
    Last edited by bawang; 04-16-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Ok then...

Look there are basically two methods to build the ability to "take a shot":

The quick and easy method ( that is neither quick nor easy but the training is) that is used by the vast majority of full contact fighters which involves, well, getting hit and learning to take the shot by a combination of muscle tension and relaxation AND deflection.This is done by the practitioner taking shots of a progressively more forceful nature until he/she can take full force shots.
    Breathing is crucial in this, as it is in EVERY method.
    The cons is that it is a method that is quite painful and can cause issues later one in left because, at times, we can get hurt badly if done incorrectly. Pros is that it works well and is quick to develop.
    The longer method (IV, IS, golden bell, etc) is longer, more relaxed, the progression is more controlled and there is less danger of internal damage, the moves tend to make the practitioner more aware of their body then in the other method ( method A is more of a crash course if you well) so that when they get to the "impact stage" they tend to have a better awareness of where and how and when to tense/relax/breath/deflect.

Which is better?

Depends on what you need and what you are going for and how much time you have.

Having done both I can say this:
    The IV/IS/GB ,method is healthier in the long run BUT there is no need for it to be THAT LONG.
    The "quick and easy" is more effective upfront, BUT can cause you some serious issues if not done properly and with a good partner.

That said, a combination of BOTH is ideal.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

if you can reveal your super duper secret green dragon protocol, then we can have a discussion.

right now i dont even know what the hell u b doing for 2 hours with those 72 reps

flexing your stomach for 2+ hours a day is gonna fuk up your spine badly.

You don't know what the I.V. exercises are???

So...you've been arguing over the effectiveness, but you don't even know what it is...?

oi

/Not sure if troll
    Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    For others on the forums, remember "buyer beware" and do your homework. If you choose to listen to him it should be for a good reason.

Bawang, I have trained for close to 30 hours a week for the last 13 years, had 3 fights in January of this year. I also run 3 miles every other day, skip rope at high speed daily, do a lot of explosive plyometric work, and lift weights a few times a week. Until you prove otherwise, you don't even deserve to shine my shoes, let alone give me advice. Feel free to explain to everyone what you train, how often, and what you have accomplished.

While you are at it, why don't you go ahead and shed some light on why you think 洗髓功 (Xi Sui Gong/Bone Marrow Washing) doesn't exist as well as what makes you more qualified than the individuals I mentioned earlier in this thread to speak on the subject. I noticed you conveniently "forgot to address" that question.

You are a great example of a big fish in a small pond, or as the Chinese might say, 井底之蛙 (The frog in the bottom of a well).
    http://www.amazon.com/Qigong-The-Sec...ref=pd_sim_b_1
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The longer method (IV, IS, golden bell, etc) is longer, more relaxed, the progression is more controlled and there is less danger of internal damage, the moves tend to make the practitioner more aware of their body then in the other method ( method A is more of a crash course if you well) so that when they get to the "impact stage" they tend to have a better awareness of where and how and when to tense/relax/breath/deflect.
    I do not understand from that description how that leads to the ability to take blows without damage/pain.

A dancer is very aware of their body but they can't necessarily take blows better than if they didn't dance.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    I do not understand from that description how that leads to the ability to take blows without damage/pain.

A dancer is very aware of their body but they can't necessarily take blows better than if they didn't dance.
    Being more "self aware" of your bodies "structure" allows for a better understanding of what parts need to be "operated" to take the shot.
    Less "wasted" effort is guess is a good way to explain it.
    Remember, the IV practioner STILL has to go through the phase of getting hit and in that phase it is identical to the other methods:
    It progresses from take a shot that is "bare-able" to an ever increasing intensity till we get to the full contact point.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Just to be safe, I'm gonna advise that none of you traditional trained guys mention bring the water body to the fore.

because the non traditionalist will lose their sh1t when you start talking about that stuff.

If it isn't in latin based scientific terms, they don't want to hear it.

But here's the thing, if you put it into latin based scientific terms, they will eat that up like a big bowl of jello!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You don't know what the I.V. exercises are???

So...you've been arguing over the effectiveness, but you don't even know what it is...?

oi

/Not sure if troll
    i already said legit iron shirt is just whacking yourself, with a fist or a stick or a brick.

i dunno what the fuk u b doin son

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    he is not understanding what you are talking about. he thinks iron shirt is some breathing exercise where you flap your arms and flex your abs.
    Last edited by bawang; 04-17-2013 at 11:26 AM.

i already said legit iron shirt is just whacking yourself, with a fist or a stick or a brick.

i dunno what the fuk u b doin son

he is not understanding what you are talking about. he thinks iron shirt is some breathing exercise where you flap your arms and flex your abs.

What sort of training background do you have?
    Quote:

The IV we do in the system I learned has nothing to do with hitting yourself with sticks or bricks… or whatever. It consists of 52 different single movement exercises and 2 different forms, with total emphasis on body awareness. At the start you learn only 3 exercises at a time and they should be done 6 days a week in only reps of 7 and really shouldn’t take more than 15 mins.

later as you learn more and the reps go up you can mix and match to change up your routine, same way you would with your routines in the gym.
    It's not what you know, but who's first with the best.

It is more than body striking, although, yes, that is part of it. But there are also different strikes, cupped hand, flat hand, back fist, fist, bags with shot in them, a partner on occasion and Qi Gong. IE: Golden Bell.

I am perfectly ok with people not accepting it for whatever reason they like. IN fact I could give a sh1t if anyone wants to believe it or not.

Boxers do a lot more than just spar as well. Medicine ball work is a big part of gut contraction an it is done all the way round the body on the old school guys, maybe even on younger guys too. they don't do the qi gong at all though but they do supplement breath work and work outs etc that give them a perfectly good ability to take a shot.

It still isn't quite the same as iron body/vest/shirt.

reading a book about lifting weights is not lifting weights.
    reading a book about kung fu training is not kung fu training and certainly isn't the way to understand kung fu. It is peripheral to it. Doing it and having it instructed is really the only way.

If you don't have access, you simply don't have access.
    If you want to believe it's nonsense, that is anyone's choice.
    But without direct experience in it, with it then you don't know. Period and your "opinion" is invalid to that end.
    Kung Fu is good for you.