Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon's Iron Vest

Blog Entries
    Allow me to ask a stupid question here. Will "iron vest" be able to allow your head to take a full blow? I just hate to see that someone spends 20 years training in iron vest, oneday his opponent just knocks him out by punching to the face.

I can see the value to make your arms and legs tough because you will need to use it to block punches and kicks. But if you can't make your head tough, I just don't see the value to make your body tough.

A solid steel cup with a glass handler just don't make sense IMO.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-16-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Allow me to ask a stupid question here. Will "iron vest" be able to allow your head to take a full blow? I just hate to see that someone spends 20 years training in iron vest, oneday his opponent just knocks him out by punching to the face.
    Best
    This
    Thread !!

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

when you toughen your stomach, you dont have to lower your hands.

*stroke beard

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    when you toughen your stomach, you dont have to lower your hands.

*stroke beard
    lol.

You still have to protect it and boxers do this by dropping an elbow to cover the gut. They drop stance and lower the guard.

But John is also right in that Iron exercises do pretty much zero for someone with a glass jaw.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This is very true. Gong = time. If you spend 2 hours daily, you will get there twice faster than those who only spends 1 hour daily. 2 hours daily is not that much.
    2 hours of flexing = spinal compression injury
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

But John is also right in that Iron exercises do pretty much zero for someone with a glass jaw.
    of course it does. its called mouth gong.

of course it does. its called mouth gong.
    That's what She said!

lol @ "mouth gong"...

clench teeth, roll with punch.

Is that a gong now?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    That's what She said!

lol @ "mouth gong"...

clench teeth, roll with punch.

Is that a gong now?
    if you knew more than just iron wire, aka shaking your hands next to your ears and screaming like a bird, you wouldnt make fun of this.

yes. mouth gong is chewing tough things, and clenching the teeth. what is so rediculous about that. you do know they even train this at songshan shaolin.

you know iron shirt training is just smacking yourself with your fist or a stick, right? none of that chinatown hookey dookey looly looly bullsh1t?
    Last edited by bawang; 04-16-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Just as I suspected, this place is full of a majority that know very little but talk a lot. The blind leading the blind.

Just for the record: When has Bawang ever even said what style he trains, how long, who he learned from, etc.? And why would that make him an expert in other systems? Being Chinese makes you no more an expert on Chinese martial arts than being from the United States makes you an expert on civil war strategies.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post

Just for the record: When has Bawang ever even said what style he trains, how long, who he learned from, etc.? And why would that make him an expert in other systems? Being Chinese makes you no more an expert on Chinese martial arts than being from the United States makes you an expert on civil war strategies.
    i train jesus christ.

i know that YOU dont train any form of tough physical exercises at all, from your confession in the training thread. you are not qualified to talk about anything regarding training and conditioning.

i train jesus christ.

Post vid....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

i train jesus christ.

i know that YOU dont train any form of tough physical exercises at all, from your confession in the training thread. you are not qualified to talk about anything regarding training and conditioning.
    For others on the forums, remember "buyer beware" and do your homework. If you choose to listen to him it should be for a good reason.

Bawang, I have trained for close to 30 hours a week for the last 13 years, had 3 fights in January of this year. I also run 3 miles every other day, skip rope at high speed daily, do a lot of explosive plyometric work, and lift weights a few times a week. Until you prove otherwise, you don't even deserve to shine my shoes, let alone give me advice. Feel free to explain to everyone what you train, how often, and what you have accomplished.

While you are at it, why don't you go ahead and shed some light on why you think 洗髓功 (Xi Sui Gong/Bone Marrow Washing) doesn't exist as well as what makes you more qualified than the individuals I mentioned earlier in this thread to speak on the subject. I noticed you conveniently "forgot to address" that question.

You are a great example of a big fish in a small pond, or as the Chinese might say, 井底之蛙 (The frog in the bottom of a well).
    Last edited by Golden Arms; 04-16-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    -Golden Arms-

Bawang, I have trained for close to 30 hours a week for the last 13 years, had 3 fights in January of this year. I also run 3 miles every other day, skip rope at high speed daily, do a lot of explosive plyometric work, and lift weights a few times a week. Until you prove otherwise, you don't even deserve to shine my shoes, let alone give me advice. Feel free to explain to everyone what you train, how often, and what you have accomplished.
    you said in one of the training threads that horse stance can build muscle mass, weight lifting is not neccesary to get big and strong. i dont believe you are a super badass warrior monk fighter with the kind of opinions you have said. if you do fight, you must be a tomato can.

You are a great example of a big fish in a small pond, or as the Chinese might say, 井底之蛙 (The frog in the bottom of a well).
    i have never bragged about myself, i have never promoted any superiority of my kung fu style, i have never talked about the supernatural.

i dont need to "prove" myself, because i never presented myself as a bad ass super duper kung fu warrior.
    Last edited by bawang; 04-16-2013 at 11:24 AM.

you said in one of the training threads that horse stance can build muscle mass, weight lifting is not neccesary to get big and strong. i dont believe you are a super badass warrior monk fighter with the kind of opinions you have said. if you do fight, you must be a tomato can.
    Lumberjacks and fishermen don't necessarily lift weights in the conventional sense, are you saying they are not extremely strong?

As far as the ideas presented on this forum as gospel regarding strength, why don't you read this book and enlighten yourself.

Supertraining: Yuri-Verkhoshansky Maybe you are more qualified to speak on that subject than the author:

The most complete and up to date book in Special Strength Training (SST): Methodological foundations of special strength training, Guidelines for planning SST, SST means and methods - resistance and jump exercises, Complex method, Stimulation method, Contrast method, Circuit method, Strength-aerobic method, Organization of SST in training process and Block Training System, SST means methods and program for acyclic sports, SST means methods and program for cyclic sports, SST means methods and program for sports games and combat sports, traditional SST exercises used by high-level track & field athletes, questions and answers about warm-up, 'Ultra Mass' bodybuilding program, the contribution of Yury Verkhoshansky to the development of sport science.
    -Golden Arms-

As far as the ideas presented on this forum as gospel regarding strength, why don't you read this book and enlighten yourself.

Supertraining: Yuri-Verkhoshansky Maybe you are more qualified to speak on that subject than the author:
    i dont lift weight because some steroid injecting slav scientist. i dont lift weights to look down on "internals".
    i lift weights because traditional chinese kung fu lifts weights. i uphold tradition, PERIOD.

Just as I suspected, this place is full of a majority that know very little but talk a lot. The blind leading the blind.

Just for the record, don't get worked up by Bawang. It's pointless.
    Kung Fu is good for you.