Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I like these exercises

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Hey buddy,

Doing max benches or squats will not develop explosive muscle fibers. I'm not here to be a gym head or an exercise expert like the cross for guys. My purpose in exercising is to become better at my martial art. Most of my time is spent getting conditioned while learning the skills of the martial arts I study.
    umm yes it does the stronger you get the better you are at firing the maximum amount of muscle as rapidly as possible, it also teaches the CNS to fire as quickly as possible heavy lifting is all about the fast twitch muscles, which is why its classed as alactic training

you are right at not being an exercise expert so if i was you id learn something about the subject beofre telling everyone which is the best way to train

ps aren't you a wing chun guy???
    Last edited by Frost; 04-21-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    umm yes it does the stronger you get the better you are at firing the maximum amount of muscle as rapidly as possible, it also teaches the CNS to fire as quickly as possible heavy lifting is all about the fast twitch muscles, which is why its classed as alactic training

you are right at not being an exercise expert so if i was you id learn something about the subject beofre telling everyone which is the best way to train

ps aren't you a wing chun guy???
    I did wc for awhile. Not so much these days.

Just because I don't agree with your beliefs it doesn't mean I don't know anything. There are plenty of sources that choose body weight exercises over weight lifting and vica-versa. You need to do versions of both like basing said.

Just because I don't agree with your beliefs it doesn't mean I don't know anything. There are plenty of sources that choose body weight exercises over weight lifting and vica-versa. You need to do versions of both like basing said.
    traditional kung fu lift weights.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

It's not so much belief as established fact, however.

So what traditional style are you doing now then, because most traditional styles use heavy weights, be it weapons, stone locks, stone weights etc so what traditional style do you train now?
    Nope but not understanding the role maximum strength plays in explosive strength, or the way the body works does sort of give a hint that you don’t know what on earth you are talking about
    And they aren’t my beliefs I have simply stated now the body responds to a heavy weight and the effect it has on the body and its CNS system