Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon Bombings

I don't like the term "white, black, brown" there is too much confusion created and anthropologist do not classify by "colour". Technically an east Indian is caucasoid. Take the guys in question. They have lighter skin but the bone structure of the peoples south of the caucus region. There are 4 major classifications and they are well into the caucasoid class.

The history and background of the people in that region is well documented. Think about how islam got there and who came with it. That isn't to say they are all from Mecca, lol. Every step in that path creates more dilution and diversity. Chechnya is a bit of a melting pot when it comes to the whole white/brown thing. Looking at it in color just confuses the issue.

For the record, I never said middle eastern was a genetic classification.
    Last edited by Syn7; 04-20-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Honestly, I was one of the people who hoped it was anyone but a muslim. It's sad how a whole class of people are demonized by the actions of extremists. This islamophobia shit is ridiculous. It seemed that the eastern european muslims were being glossed over and the focus was on arabs for awhile. Hopefully they don't get treated poorly now because of this. We always overreact to stuff like this when we should put the focus solely where it belongs.

I did call this, btw...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Honestly, I was one of the people who hoped it was anyone but a muslim. It's sad how a whole class of people are demonized by the actions of extremists. This islamophobia shit is ridiculous. It seemed that the eastern european muslims were being glossed over and the focus was on arabs for awhile. Hopefully they don't get treated poorly now because of this. We always overreact to stuff like this when we should put the focus solely where it belongs.
    Actually, Eastern Europeans (Dagestani, Chechnya, Korabash, etc) are treated better in Turkey, Bulgaria and the ubiquitious Middle East then in Europe proper.
    The best indicator is and should be behavioral only! Blaming people who have nothing to do with an act is asinine but that has been the media talking points and sadly, will remain so. I hope I am wrong!

I hope you're wrong too. Unfortunately we both know that this will get ugly for some groups.

How so, Drake? The homegrown aspect? The Chechnya angle? The Islam thing? The isolation of immigrants thing? or all the above?

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    The Caucasian Republics were never European. When the nascent Russian army began to conquer the region (Armenia was part of it) they injected a quasi European sentiment that treated the 'natives' as backward and uncivilized and post Soviet military doctrine enforced that policy. So naturally they (the alleged terrorists) are free to rise up and equal the destruction of whom they perceive as an enemy, rightfully or wrongfully.

I am not sure where the 'white' comes in but based on US North American racial ideology, they are white or can be considers as such. If they are badass as they are made out to be, then they may be made 'black or brown based on other attributes
    We can only go by the American way of talking about race and not some made up ideology cause you don't want to offend a peoples that doesn't care about you or how you refer to them.

In America if someon assaults you and the cops ask you what he looked like you better say a racial description or he won't get caught. Your ideology doesn't match with reality cause I know you would say racial description.

The two men in question are terrorists. Not all Chechnyians are but these two idle iota are.

The saying is still true. Not all Muslims are terrorists but MOST terrorists are Muslim. Maybe you should stop being in denial and just accept. this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I did call this, btw...
    Who did you say it was?

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    The saying is still true. Not all Muslims are terrorists but MOST terrorists are Muslim. Maybe you should stop being in denial and just accept. this fact.
    Of all the terrorist attacks in N. America, right wing extremists come in at #1. Add up all the abortion clinics and all that crap and it far exceeds the attacks by Muslims. It just so happens that the Muslim thing is hot right now.

If you cherry pick your sample size you can show anything you want. We can't allow contemporary issues to skew our view on the whole of our history.

Terrorism is a dickhead move, PERIOD, and I'm not making excuses for muslim extremists who commit acts of terror. I'm just sayin... A lil objectivity goes a long way.

We can only go by the American way of talking about race and not some made up ideology cause you don't want to offend a peoples that doesn't care about you or how you refer to them.

In America if someon assaults you and the cops ask you what he looked like you better say a racial description or he won't get caught. Your ideology doesn't match with reality cause I know you would say racial description.

The two men in question are terrorists. Not all Chechnyians are but these two idle iota are.
    They are as Chechnyan as an English kid who came to the states with his parents at the age of like 9 or 5 is English. Notice how the younger one assimilated more easily. You could make the argument that their parents were, and of course parents have influence. But they were just as much American as they were Chechnyan.

They are as Chechnyan as an English kid who came to the states with his parents at the age of like 9 or 5 is English. Notice how the younger one assimilated more easily. You could make the argument that their parents were, and of course parents have influence. But they were just as much American as they were Chechnyan.
    Yeah but they moved here. They weren't born and raised here. Just saying.

Look, I'm not trying to be a d-bag but you're not being objective. You're subjectively bending facts to fit your ideology.

You can't compare abortion clinic killings to Islamic fundamentalist terrorism. Islamic terrorism is happening all over the world.

http://www.samizdata.net/2008/10/what-about-abor-1/

Caucasian-looking terrorists from Chechnya is what I called. Someone here even had my quote in their sig.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Look, I'm not trying to be a d-bag but you're not being objective. You're subjectively bending facts to fit your ideology.

You can't compare abortion clinic killings to Islamic fundamentalist terrorism. Islamic terrorism is happening all over the world.

http://www.samizdata.net/2008/10/what-about-abor-1/
    And what is my ideology again? Please, remind me.

And what is my ideology again? Please, remind me.
    Left leaning Obama loving liberal