Thread: Demo fail

Demo fail

I'm sure there's a thread I could post or merge this into, but with the forum being intermittent right now, I'm just going to be quick about it.

Martial arts rally hurts 600
    By OUR CORRESPONDENT | www.telegraphindia.com – Mon 22 Apr, 2013

Nearly 600-odd spectators were injured, two critically, on Ramnavami in Hazaribagh when they came too close to martial artistes armed with swords, maces and sticks, but the district administration could take some comfort from the fact that number was less than last year's 1,000.

Over a lakh residents thronged roads to watch the display of traditional arms during the overnight Ramnavami rallies between late Saturday night and Sunday. Of them, around 600 sustained injuries inadvertently from swords, maces or sticks wielded by performers.

Two critically injured have been referred to RIMS, Ranchi. The rest are undergoing treatment either at Hazaribagh sadar hospital or at medical stalls set up by NGOs. In the ensuing chaos, hospital records have confirmed treatment of 250 people.

The district administration had a list of 107 processions that were supposed to cover about 3km from Jhanda Chowk to Barabazaar Chowk.

Volunteers and police officers, led by deputy commissioner Manish Ranjan and superintendent of police Manoj Kaushik, were on their toes to ensure processions moved fast. But even tight security and CCTV cameras at strategic points could not prevent delays. Akhara rallies started as late as 10pm on Saturday.

The weather also played a dampener, with rains that lasted till Sunday afternoon, delaying processions further.

Except for the rally routes, the entire town wore a deserted look for the second consecutive day on Sunday.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

That's a lot of injured spectators. I especially like this part of the article...
    but the district administration could take some comfort from the fact that number was less than last year's 1,000.