Thread: Black Flag Wing Chun= Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun?

Black Flag Wing Chun= Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun?

I'm asking because I saw an article and it lists Master Benny Meng and some others who I thought were previously affiliated with the Hung Fa Yi branch. Unless Black Flag is the new name?

I think the short answer is NO.

An unkind person might suggest that Benny Meng had milked HFY for what he could get out of it and moved on to a new marketing opportunity.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I think the short answer is NO.

An unkind person might suggest that Benny Meng had milked HFY for what he could get out of it and moved on to a new marketing opportunity.
    anerlich = unkind person

guilty as charged
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    I'm asking because I saw an article and it lists Master Benny Meng and some others who I thought were previously affiliated with the Hung Fa Yi branch. Unless Black Flag is the new name?
    The short answer is no, the two are not affiliated, nor are they the same system. Personally, I don't even think Black Flag has any wing chun in it at all.

As has been said before... 2010 wants it's arguments back:

https://hfy108.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3306

Greetings to you all,

The World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association would like to thank our members around the world for their hard work and perseverance in continuing the art of Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kuen under Grandmaster Garrett Gee. Our members’ dedication to preserving our system and culture is truly excellent. Our Grandmaster has brought together a diverse Wing Chun family that spans the globe, from Asia to Europe, South America and the USA. This makes our family a worldwide organization with many members and many opportunities to grow and exchange our Kung Fu and individual cultures.

It has come to the attention of the World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association that in the last month there have been a number of rumors circulating on the Kungfu/Qigong Magazine forums and third party websites in reference to the term "Red Flag Wing Chun" being used to reference both TWC and HFY with the intention of 3rd party self promotion. It is not the policy of the WHFYWCKFA to comment on rumors and other people's affairs, but due to the number of recent inquiries we have received on the subject of any “Black Flag/Red Flag” rumor, the WHFYWCKFA would like to address the comments made.

We would like to begin by clarifying that the WHFWCKFA cannot speak for the TWC Association's position on rumors such as the "Black Flag/Red Flag” issue and "5 Flag societies" issue. In investigating this matter, it appears that some websites are using Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun material for personal and business promotion. However, in the Hung Fa Yi Oral history, from our founder Hung Gun Biu, to our current lineage holder, Grandmaster Garrett Gee, our association has not been called, or associated with any rumored "Red Flag society" or "5 Flag society". Since the 1850's, our lineage traces through one society only: the Hung Fa Wui/Red Flower Boxer Society which is documented in official Chinese history.

To any parties genuinely interested in the Chinese history research, public documents from the Chinese government are available to the general public that clearly explain the recent history of the "5 Flag societies" as bandits and their betrayal to the motherland, China.

Observing the evidence present, our association would like to say "Thanks, but no thanks" to any 3rd party web site attempting to link the WHFYWCKFA to any "5 Flag" or "Black Flag/Red Flag" association for business promotion or advertisement. The Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kuen Paai have always been, and will remain loyal to, the true identity and pure history of Red Flower Boxer Society.

Thank you and good training to all.

- William H.
    Executive Director
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    The short answer is no, the two are not affiliated, nor are they the same system. Personally, I don't even think Black Flag has any wing chun in it at all.

As has been said before... 2010 wants it's arguments back:

https://hfy108.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3306
    Black Flag is WingChun base regardless of WC Politics.
    Doesn't look like Wuxing. Doesn't look like Mantis fist or Northern Shaolin base. Hmmm? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s-dcrS-4xE
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-21-2013 at 06:40 PM.

If it quacks like a Duck... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0EZhU2aCQw

Black flag issues years ago...

It is not wing chun!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Black flag issues years ago...

It is not wing chun!
    I belive Yoshiyahu is right. Josexx also provide a clear picture of this guy.

Kenneth Lin’s kung fu experience is not check out to achieve grandmaster level. Just 10 year ago in Canada people who met Lin report that Lin,s kung fu was very young & green they say he more like a Wing Chun fanboy , & Sergio done his own research finding there is no Cham Kiu no Biu Tze in hkb & interview Lin’s teacher who reveal truth its all a lie from his sifu own mouth. This video show use harsh word but also show what is problem for Lin contradict his teacher now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGe1Y...e_gdata_player

How to defend against whatcannot be defend? Only ignore it hoping people forget over time I guess. If honest mistake in research very easay to fix, just to confess truth. If not easy fix then what is that say?

Lin’s two teachers don’t add up to support Lin’s Black Flag story Sergio research find out Master Tio never learn or teach Wing Chun n I found Chung Che Man is from Ip Man ‘Vikoga’ Wing Chun none of those guy ever say anything about Black Flag. Lin sihing say that Lin only spend about 10 month with Master Tio learning Saam Chien & 18 Luohan hands at that time Lin only just a kid age. No Wing Chun there just few only 4 form not all 44 of 18 luohan hands. Is that reason Lin going online to find more kung fu video & photos? I think so. Other website found his posts from other sites before Lin delete all those things.

Lin’s make up story of 5 Wing Chun Flag from Shoalin also not check out. You can see on WCPedia the fake story Lin trying to spread into the world he is one copyright on bottom of page too.

http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/...engChunHistory

His kung fu background expose now contradict his story today & 5 Wing Chun Flag story also incorrect. Red Boat is not Red Flag Ip Man is not red Flag there is no such thing as Red Flag or Black any color flag Wing Chun.

Also i see he change his name and the hkb name many times. Why? Lim, Lin, Salim, Black Flag Eng Chun or Kun Tao or, Shoalin no Shoalin. Why change so many times? Any one see that our think strange behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by dante-s View Post
    Also i see he change his name and the hkb name many times. Why? Lim, Lin, Salim, Black Flag Eng Chun or Kun Tao or, Shoalin no Shoalin. Why change so many times? Any one see that our think strange behavior?
    Most people around here think their story developed directly alongside their worldwide marketing plan.

Yes, it's just a sampling of the new evolved WingChun . If it sells, it's marketable. Not to worry. Gotta admit, that tango dance move stuff they do in that video looks pretty smooth.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 05-13-2013 at 09:32 PM.

@ palm striker

Is evolving of our Red Boat Opera Ving Tsun mean fusing bit and pieces from NgChoKun and Vikoga Ving Tsun? JKD is Ving Tsun base but JKD is JKD Lee Siu Long was honest about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Most people around here think their story developed directly alongside their worldwide marketing plan.
    I find a site link from FB that support your comments thank you Wayfaring.

http://linsblackflagrevealed.blogspo...rical.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditto for all of M's marketing plans.