Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't understand "Internal" yet..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    and yet you wrote a 500 word essay on internal. this is why you fail. not only as a martial artist, but as a human being.
    I like to use just 7 words to define "internal" as to "integrate your breathing with your power generation".
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

internal cultivation is great. you just cant fight with it.

Just because you can't use it, does not mean other people can't use it, your comment seems to be what most people say who have no direct knowledge of internal development .

If you actually knew something about internal development, ... you would not make such ignorant comments about something you obviously don't have first hand knowledge of.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I like to use just 7 words to define "internal" as to "integrate your breathing with your power generation".

no, that is just common working of body.

Internal is getting the mind to lead the body, not muscle it.
    Last edited by Robinhood; 04-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    just because you can't use it, does not mean other people can't use it, your comment seems to be what most people say who have no direct knowledge of internal development .

If you actually knew something about internal development, ... You would not make such ignorant comments about something you obviously don't have first hand knowledge of.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hey! That looks like Peter from "Family Guy" !

INTERNAL = Touchy-feely zi zi wu bu.
    EXTERNAL= Yangfu fist in your face.

Nice thread. Does anyone have a link to Chan Sui Yin's youtube channel?

I remember when Kungfu Styles were referred to as being Hardstyle or Softstyle, or both. As in Aikido=soft, TaeKwanDo=hard. Both require breath control.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Nice thread. Does anyone have a link to Chan Sui Yin's youtube channel?
    It looks like she may have taken down some older lectures she had up with Master De Jian - > but here is her channel either way

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShaolinC...ew=0&flow=grid

I know there are some of the NeiYangGong videos done directly with Master De Jian himself. and yes, on Chinese youtube you must sit through ads.

I believe this is just an excerpt from the below link with his lectures, but here are his "introductory Health Building exercises (Nei Yang Gong)"

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA4MDcyMDAw.html

Here is a multiple series lecture by him (I think 8 or so videos in):
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODYyOTkyNjg=.html

Let me find more links that discuss Nei Gong/its integration into TCMA in English!

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    I remember when Kungfu Styles were referred to as being Hardstyle or Softstyle, or both. As in Aikido=soft, TaeKwanDo=hard. Both require breath control.
    Sometimes I wonder if I am at Dairy Queen or Sonic! Hard style or Soft style?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    It looks like she may have taken down some older lectures she had up with Master De Jian - > but here is her channel either way

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShaolinC...ew=0&flow=grid

I know there are some of the NeiYangGong videos done directly with Master De Jian himself. and yes, on Chinese youtube you must sit through ads.

I believe this is just an excerpt from the below link with his lectures, but here are his "introductory Health Building exercises (Nei Yang Gong)"

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA4MDcyMDAw.html

Here is a multiple series lecture by him (I think 8 or so videos in):
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODYyOTkyNjg=.html

Let me find more links that discuss Nei Gong/its integration into TCMA in English!
    Thanks. I'd lost my bookmark and couldn't figure out the right search terms.

Funny with the Chinese KFC ads. They made a big point of showing how well the chickens live in the factory. I wonder if there's a nascent concern for the welfare of food-animals in China, or if that's just to show the animals are healthy so it's safe to eat.
    Last edited by rett; 04-29-2013 at 01:08 PM.

External (wai) = What your body would do outside, it is visible.
    Internal (nei) = What your body would do inside, it is not visible.
    Jia (family) in Waijia and Neijia is a term used to group those martial arts that emphazise one aspect over another, but just like a Taiji Tu, the seed of its complementary opposite is always there.
    In the end, all movements involve both the external and the internal, the seen an the unseen, one cannot do without the other.
    One is not better than the other, one needs the other to function better.

Blog Entries
    The "internal" system cares more about health than the "external" system does. The "internal" system such as XingYi even separate "health" training and "combat" training as 2 complete different training methods. In

- health training, you punch out soft and pull back hard.
    - combat training, you punch out hard and pull back soft.

How can you kill someone by punching out "soft".
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

The "internal" system cares more about health than the "external" system does. The "internal" system such as XingYi even separate "health" training and "combat" training as 2 complete different training methods. In

What kind of punch kills someone ?, I don't see any dead MMA matches.

How can you shoot someone by meticulously cleaning your gun?

What I mean by that is I believe there's a limit to how much you can punch hard in the air or hit bags with power before you start damaging your shoulders and elbows more than you're improving your strength. Soft training that also cares for and repairs the body has a place, at least for someone training a lot.
    Last edited by rett; 04-30-2013 at 12:37 AM.