Thread: chi sau techniques?

Hybrid View

chi sau techniques?

hello friends! although we should train ourselves to switch techniques often according to the situation, we still tend to hang on to that one technique that always "just comes out"-sometimes we are risky and attempt it no matter what! So what is your favorite technique? please describe and why! XD p.s. mine is fook sau hand crosses over under my bong/taan hand to laap da! just cant seem to shake that move.

hit him hard
    oh and because it hopefully Hurts him

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    So what is your favorite technique? please describe and why!
    Description:

- Use your left hand to grab on your opponent's right arm.
    - Use your right hand to grab on his left arm.
    - Tuck his left arm under his right arm.
    - Release your right left arm grip and punch at his face.

Why?

If you can "tuck" your opponent's left arm under his own right arm, and use one hand to control both of his arms, you will have one free hand to punch while he has no free arm to block it.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-26-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Defense, defense, and more defense; it’s nothing like shutting down your partner’s attempts defensively, and within the infancy of one’s attacks/attempts.

Offense, offense, and more offense! There's nothing like taking charge!
    Dio perdona... Io no!

Neither, Neither, and more Neither! Miyamoto Musashi teaches us that defensive and offensive are both unreliable. It is best to keep a void spirit.
    "He who say's does not know, he who knows does not say"

"True Gong Fu is practicing in the coldest days of winter and the dog days of summer"

"Don't try, do"

What lineage are you, Chin?

It is very important to receive the correct and secret teaching in all of Wing Chun.

Lucky for you, I have just made a video demonstrating the indisputably correct ways of conducting Chi Sao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq0mRxKPSoU

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEChan View Post
    Neither, Neither, and more Neither! Miyamoto Musashi teaches us that defensive and offensive are both unreliable. It is best to keep a void spirit.
    Void spirit... empty mind... no plan...

Like this dude?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLRX1P0bEg
    Dio perdona... Io no!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEChan View Post
    I would agree with this if ‘Chi Sao’ was actual fighting, but it’s more about structural/energy and timing development, therefore why waste your time in just throwing a lot of strikes before developing a strong sense of defense.

Anyone can throw a punch, but can you stop one when it really counts. And if you’re too busy just throwing a bunch of punches, you would have to have a strong chin to stop all of those counterattacks from one that has a very strong defensive skill set.

Or, why not just lie down and go to sleep before you even start throwing strikes? Because you will get countered hard by someone with better defensive skills.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 04-27-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    hello friends! although we should train ourselves to switch techniques often according to the situation, we still tend to hang on to that one technique that always "just comes out"-sometimes we are risky and attempt it no matter what! So what is your favorite technique? please describe and why! XD p.s. mine is fook sau hand crosses over under my bong/taan hand to laap da! just cant seem to shake that move.
    I don't have set motions I do Regardless of what my opponent is doing. My motions adapt to my opponent. Sometimes i might make a mistake with timing or posistioning or even utilize the wrong technique at the wrong time...But for the most part there is NOT a set techinque i use. I go by what i feel my opponent doing when engaged in freestyle chi sau!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Miyamoto Musashi teaches us that defensive and offensive are both unreliable. It is best to keep a void spirit.
    Actually he also said, "Think neither of victory nor of yourself but only of cutting and killing your enemy". And not with a book.

A call to offense, I think.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

the Key you seek...IS PRACTICE, more Practice...Chi Sau, Drilling and more sparring...over time those few moves that are engrained in you will multiple into other techniques...When you are comfortable with many different techniques then your motions will flow naturally!!!!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"