Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chi sau techniques?

chi sau techniques?

hello friends! although we should train ourselves to switch techniques often according to the situation, we still tend to hang on to that one technique that always "just comes out"-sometimes we are risky and attempt it no matter what! So what is your favorite technique? please describe and why! XD p.s. mine is fook sau hand crosses over under my bong/taan hand to laap da! just cant seem to shake that move.

hit him hard
    oh and because it hopefully Hurts him

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    So what is your favorite technique? please describe and why!
    Description:

- Use your left hand to grab on your opponent's right arm.
    - Use your right hand to grab on his left arm.
    - Tuck his left arm under his right arm.
    - Release your right left arm grip and punch at his face.

Why?

If you can "tuck" your opponent's left arm under his own right arm, and use one hand to control both of his arms, you will have one free hand to punch while he has no free arm to block it.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-26-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Defense, defense, and more defense; it’s nothing like shutting down your partner’s attempts defensively, and within the infancy of one’s attacks/attempts.

Offense, offense, and more offense! There's nothing like taking charge!
    Dio perdona... Io no!

Neither, Neither, and more Neither! Miyamoto Musashi teaches us that defensive and offensive are both unreliable. It is best to keep a void spirit.
    "He who say's does not know, he who knows does not say"

"True Gong Fu is practicing in the coldest days of winter and the dog days of summer"

"Don't try, do"

What lineage are you, Chin?

It is very important to receive the correct and secret teaching in all of Wing Chun.

Lucky for you, I have just made a video demonstrating the indisputably correct ways of conducting Chi Sao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq0mRxKPSoU

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEChan View Post
    Neither, Neither, and more Neither! Miyamoto Musashi teaches us that defensive and offensive are both unreliable. It is best to keep a void spirit.
    Void spirit... empty mind... no plan...

Like this dude?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDLRX1P0bEg
    Dio perdona... Io no!

I would agree with this if ‘Chi Sao’ was actual fighting, but it’s more about structural/energy and timing development, therefore why waste your time in just throwing a lot of strikes before developing a strong sense of defense.

Anyone can throw a punch, but can you stop one when it really counts. And if you’re too busy just throwing a bunch of punches, you would have to have a strong chin to stop all of those counterattacks from one that has a very strong defensive skill set.

Or, why not just lie down and go to sleep before you even start throwing strikes? Because you will get countered hard by someone with better defensive skills.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 04-27-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    why waste your time in just throwing a lot of strikes before developing a strong sense of defense.
    When US missiles flew to Irag, we didn't see any missiles flew back from Iraq. When you have strong offense, you don't need any defense.

Many TCMA systems won't even teach defense until 3 years later. The reason is they want their students to develop strong offense skills before worrying about defense skill. In the ancient time, people would give you credit if you play offense and lose. People won't give you credit if you play defense and won.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-27-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When US missiles flew to Irag, we didn't see any missiles flew back from Iraq. When you have strong offense, you don't need any defense..
    US missiles have nothing to do with ‘chi sao’ or human attributes, and missiles can be shot down (defensive countermeasures), which has nothing to do with this subject at hand.

But,,, If we have almost the same striking power (missiles) and you take more strikes to the head than me because of a weak defensive game; well,,,,,, anyone with common sense knows the rest.

And,,, it’s not how many you shoot off, it’s all based on accuracy, and when dealing within human attributes, timing, structural/fundamentals and positioning; defense should always come first, or you WOULD really pay for it down the line later in life.

Many TCMA systems won't even teach defense until 3 years later...
    LMAO!

In the ancient time, people would give you credit if you play offense and lose. People won't give you credit if you play defense and won.
    We are not in the past –or- in ancient times and while defending me or my family. I need no approve or credit on how I destroyed my adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I would agree with this if ‘Chi Sao’ was actual fighting, but it’s more about structural/energy and timing development, therefore why waste your time in just throwing a lot of strikes before developing a strong sense of defense.

Anyone can throw a punch, but can you stop one when it really counts. And if you’re too busy just throwing a bunch of punches, you would have to have a strong chin to stop all of those counterattacks from one that has a very strong defensive skill set.

Or, why not just lie down and go to sleep before you even start throwing strikes? Because you will get countered hard by someone with better defensive skills.
    I see what you mean

"What is called the spirit of the void is where there is nothing. It is not included in man's knowledge. Of course the void is nothingness. By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist. That is the void.

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment."

-Go Rin No Sho aka Book of Five Rings

"True Gong Fu is practicing in the coldest days of winter and the dog days of summer"

"Don't try, do"

Smile

I see what you mean

"What is called the spirit of the void is where there is nothing. It is not included in man's knowledge. Of course the void is nothingness. By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist. That is the void.

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment."

-Go Rin No Sho aka Book of Five Rings

I truly know what you’re saying; I’ve read ‘The Book of Five Rings’ over a half dozen times and I’ve executed many of his concepts while in competition, and in real life situations. I’m very familiar with his teachings and writing.

Almost all of my heavy sparring or competition fighting (empty hand) is driven by his writings. When I’d fight, I’ll fight defensively and counter with combinations while forgetting “what is”, never to redo what I’ve done, mentally or physically; because, “what was” never had a chance to exist.

This cycle only happens for me based on the recognition of my defensive approach/reaction dealing within his offensive and defensive actions/reaction; as his blade (Miyamoto Musashi) jousts with the energy of simultaneously defending and attacking, just like I do with both hands ‘Da’ or with Kune Sue Kue (one hand).

But,,, it’s the simultaneous and spontaneous reactions that really brings on sudden amnesia. This rings truth within the concept of void.

Take Care,
    Last edited by Ali. R; 04-27-2013 at 04:45 PM.

thanks for your response, the Book of Five Rings is a classic, I too have read countless times, and it is in my mini martial arts "library".

-Black E Chan

"Don't try, do"

Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    hello friends! although we should train ourselves to switch techniques often according to the situation, we still tend to hang on to that one technique that always "just comes out"-sometimes we are risky and attempt it no matter what! So what is your favorite technique? please describe and why! XD p.s. mine is fook sau hand crosses over under my bong/taan hand to laap da! just cant seem to shake that move.
    I don't have set motions I do Regardless of what my opponent is doing. My motions adapt to my opponent. Sometimes i might make a mistake with timing or posistioning or even utilize the wrong technique at the wrong time...But for the most part there is NOT a set techinque i use. I go by what i feel my opponent doing when engaged in freestyle chi sau!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"