Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice clip

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Awesome. I love the holding the face and dancing part. It reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7hHx7gdN68

Actually, if you put that music on in the background, and the face holding clip in the foreground, it almost sounds like one of Neal's wing chun parody videos from Bullshido. Like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riFGS...BN8cmQ&index=4
    That is so funny!

I'd hoped to find a place here, where intelligent people would discuss VT, with equal respect to eachothers lineages and views. It is so easy to form an opinion on what you know and diss every arguement that goes against your allready formed opinion. Except for some exceptions, questions are only asked in order to make, once again, ones own point. As soon as the same and the same arguements are used over and over again and discussions only seem to be won by insults, this place will be nothing more than a virtual playground for keyboardwarriors.

So, I wish you all goodluck and hope you'll enjoy, in the spirit of this board, this little clip of wat Bjj and wrestling reminds me of

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DBulvzAUrtA

Has Wayfaring ever posted clips of his perfect wing chun?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Please post what you think of as a nice wing chun clip
    I like Hawkins' video that ironpalm just posted.

I like Hawkins' video that ironpalm just posted.

Has guyb ever posted a clip of his obtuse self trying to spar? If you ever do, could you do the face holding dance for me? I can't seem to get enough of viewing that. It's like more cowbell.
    Last edited by Wayfaring; 05-13-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Has guyb ever posted a clip of his obtuse self trying to spar?
    I haven't made any claims about "sparring". You have made claims about various wing chun clips posted on the forum (in fact almost every clip posted). Feel free to back your claims up whenever you feel like it by providing evidence of what the correct wing chun should look like. Or alternatively don't but implicitly forfeit your credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Robadob View Post
    That is so funny!

I'd hoped to find a place here, where intelligent people would discuss VT, with equal respect to eachothers lineages and views. It is so easy to form an opinion on what you know and diss every arguement that goes against your allready formed opinion. Except for some exceptions, questions are only asked in order to make, once again, ones own point. As soon as the same and the same arguements are used over and over again and discussions only seem to be won by insults, this place will be nothing more than a virtual playground for keyboardwarriors.

So, I wish you all goodluck and hope you'll enjoy, in the spirit of this board, this little clip of wat Bjj and wrestling reminds me of

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DBulvzAUrtA
    There are intelligent people on this forum. They do discuss VT or WCK. When faced with a choice between "being respectful" when discussing fighting, or telling the truth, I tell the truth.

My opinions have not been easily formed. They have been forged over years of combat art training.

I do never really understand people's necessity for informing an internet forum that they are leaving. Do you want a goodbye card?

I couldn't see your funny video well but it looked like Borat in a bikini thong. If so that's an excellent and appropriate parody of how ridiculous grappling looks - wrestling and bjj. Funny parody with a little truth behind it.

My opinions have not been easily formed. They have been forged over years of combat art training
    Are you so battle hardened by your years of combat art training that the rules of logical argument have been beaten out of you and no longer apply? If so then I appologise for daring to raise an argument in your esteemed presence.

I haven't made any claims about "sparring". You have made claims about various wing chun clips posted on the forum (in fact almost every clip posted). Feel free to back your claims up whenever you feel like it by providing evidence of what the correct wing chun should look like. Or alternatively don't but implicitly forfeit your credibility.
    guy no offense but I'm not doing this dysfunctional dance with you.

The claims I've made refer to whether or not certain training patterns are realistic in fight scenarios. I've posted up public fight videos of people I train with that illustrate this. You can ensure that the basic fighting concepts I am promoting when discussing these clips like keeping hands up and covering your upper gate at all times, and retracting punches rather than leaving them out there are executed in a real fight in those clips.

Quite obviously you are conflicted and hurt over the painful reality that fight clips showing the hold the face dance aren't realistically training fighting.

I mean if you really like the face dance, and the face dance makes you happy, why do you care what I think about it anyway?

guy no offense but I'm not doing this dysfunctional dance with you.

The claims I've made refer to whether or not certain training patterns are realistic in fight scenarios. I've posted up public fight videos of people I train with that illustrate this. You can ensure that the basic fighting concepts I am promoting when discussing these clips like keeping hands up and covering your upper gate at all times, and retracting punches rather than leaving them out there are executed in a real fight in those clips.

Quite obviously you are conflicted and hurt over the painful reality that fight clips showing the hold the face dance aren't realistically training fighting.

I mean if you really like the face dance, and the face dance makes you happy, why do you care what I think about it anyway?
    I'm not offended by your concession of defeat Wayfaring. I am pleased we could reach this point in such a constructive way. If you can't show evidence of what good wing chun looks like then your argument is void, unless you are claiming that good wing chun does not exist at all.

What is an evidence free claim after all but idle speculation? It certainly doesn't amount to an argument.

I'm not offended by your concession of defeat Wayfaring. I am pleased we could reach this point in such a constructive way. If you can't show evidence of what good wing chun looks like then your argument is void, unless you are claiming that good wing chun does not exist at all.
    1.5 on troll scale

1.5 on troll scale
    If you can't show evidence of what good wing chun looks like then your argument is void, unless you are claiming that good wing chun does not exist at all.

Evidence please

If you can't show evidence of what good wing chun looks like then your argument is void, unless you are claiming that good wing chun does not exist at all.
    Nah. I disagree with your premise, that's all.