I saw Jordan's facebook post yesterday and couldn't quite comprehend it. Anyone in the SF Bay Area Martial Arts circles know the Pallen brothers. Condolences to his family, friends and school.
Martial Arts Instructor Max Pallen Has Died, Brother Says
Announcement made in a Facebook note from Jordan Pallen.
May 1, 2013
Updated 1 pm

Grandmaster Max Pallen, member of a family that operated martial arts studios in Castro Valley and San Leandro and taught classes in Union City, passed away Tuesday morning according to a note posted on Facebook by his brother, Jordan Pallen.

"On behalf of the Pallen Family, I would like to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers," Jordan Pallen wrote. "Please add extra prayer for my mom and dad, who is taking it really hard."

The note offered no additional information about the cause of death.

At about 8:30 am Tuesday Pleasanton police found the body of a man at Pleasanton Regional Park. No foul play was suspected in that death, authorities reported at the time.

Just after noon on Wednesday, the Alameda County Coroner's Bureau identified that man as 46-year-old Max Pallen, Jr.

The coroner said he was found dead in an apparent suicide.

UPDATE: Man Found Dead at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park
The man was found dead at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday and no foul play is suspected.
By Patrick Creaven and Autumn Johnson
April 30, 2013
Update 3:45 p.m.

A Pleasanton man was found dead at the Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park on Tuesday morning and investigators do not suspect foul play, according to Lt. Jim Knox.

The body was found at about 8 a.m. and the park's staging area, south of Castlewood Drive, was closed for about four hours as officers conducted a death investigation.

Pleasanton police received a report of a missing man Monday evening and late Monday night the man's car was found in the Pleasanton Ridge parking lot.

East Bay Regional Park police, which has jurisdiction over the park, joined the search and the man was found dead at about 8:30 a.m.

The Alameda County Coroner’s will conduct an investigation to determine the official cause of the man’s death.