Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Master Ip Man and his 10 Disciples

Grand Master Ip Man and his 10 Disciples

1n 1956 , GM Ip Man choosed 10 of his students to be his disciples , the reason why he choosed this 10 students to become his disciples is because they were as good as eachother . They are Lok Yiu , Leung Sheung , Chu Shong Tin , Au Keong ,
    Wong Shun Leung , Ho Kam Ming , Moy Yat , William Cheung ,Wong Kiu and Leung Ting . This information came from these 2 - friends I have and they in turn learned from Au Keung ( Stanley Au ) in Hawaii . Thomas and Henry Zane was given permission to teach wing chun kung fu under Sifu Au , until they themselves retired as times went by for them . However they had 2 - assistant sifus who eventually became Sifus under the zane brothers , they are Sifu Darryl Norderstrom and Sifu Mark Higuchi .

Lance

2. Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    1n 1956 , GM Ip Man choosed 10 of his students to be his disciples , the reason why he choosed this 10 students to become his disciples is because they were as good as eachother . They are Lok Yiu , Leung Sheung , Chu Shong Tin , Au Keong ,
    Wong Shun Leung , Ho Kam Ming , Moy Yat , William Cheung ,Wong Kiu and Leung Ting . This information came from these 2 - friends I have and they in turn learned from Au Keung ( Stanley Au ) in Hawaii . Thomas and Henry Zane was given permission to teach wing chun kung fu under Sifu Au , until they themselves retired as times went by for them . However they had 2 - assistant sifus who eventually became Sifus under the zane brothers , they are Sifu Darryl Norderstrom and Sifu Mark Higuchi .

Lance
    You got from Au Keong that he's the fourth Hokage of ip man?
    Not Wong Shun Leung?

Ben Voyons.

4 closed door students, not 10.
    "Deepest depth, Where one live with no light, No evil can escape my sticky tentacle, Beware the radiant octopus might !"

www.poulperadieux.com

There must be a signed declaration for such an event, please post. Thanks!

There was only one closed door disciple and that was Ng Chan. There can be only one.

Did Ip Man know pre-1850's WCK?

if not, then none of this matters anyways.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

youtube video or it never happened.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post

Lance
    Excellent!
    According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leung_Ting), Leung Ting was born 2/28/1947, so he was all of 9 years old when he was the "equal" of William Cheung, WSL, etc. No wonder he is the Master of Almightiness.

Quote Originally Posted by dfl View Post
    Excellent!
    According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leung_Ting), Leung Ting was born 2/28/1947, so he was all of 9 years old when he was the "equal" of William Cheung, WSL, etc. No wonder he is the Master of Almightiness.
    Grandmaster*

Quote Originally Posted by dfl View Post
    Excellent!
    Lol. Wonder if the OP will maybe go back and check his facts. I hadn't looked up the dates but that one jumped off the page to me straight away also the strange fact that the details of these events always seem to leak out from some obscure individual who heard from a friend, rather than being mentioned at all by any of the individuals who were actually there at the time at any point during their lifetimes, or by any of their direct students
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

10. Love you guys, had a crappy morning, and you just laugh my day out, thank you infinitely.
    "Deepest depth, Where one live with no light, No evil can escape my sticky tentacle, Beware the radiant octopus might !"

www.poulperadieux.com

This thread makes me feel sorry for these forums. Poor forums. Poor, poor forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    This thread makes me feel sorry for these forums. Poor forums. Poor, poor forums.
    Yes but there are some that help keep the forums going.

Such as this thread here: http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41007

Now we need to find some Wing Chun Hotties too
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Grand Master Ip Man and his 10 disciples

Quote Originally Posted by poulperadieux View Post
    You got from Au Keong that he's the fourth Hokage of ip man?
    Not Wong Shun Leung?

Ben Voyons.

4 closed door students, not 10.
    poulperadieux , so who is the 4 closed door students ?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How would he know?

Maybe some junk yard doors should have remained closed .

15. Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Depends Who tells the story !

www.poulperadieux.com