Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal and Combat

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    kung fu weirdo from Columbia with no apparent skills, maybe it's hardwork
    His internal chow gar skillz at work.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post
    Yeah whatever - I'm sure the MMA guy was so mad for no reason.

You know, we're all probably closer to the fantasist end of the specturm than the other end. It's just that some are so obnoxiously convinced that they're not - the "reality" is going to be either something like this video, or them crying sayig "I didn't mean it, I was only joking, I was just shooting my mouth off on the internet".

You know what, even if young MMA psycho is just goig to leather you for daring to calll yourself a martial artist, it might be wise to take that as your reality check, rather than trying to patch it by calling him a bad man. Yeah - he is a bad man. A very bad man. And I don't think he gives a crap about your Qi.
    I see you wrote one irate post and then edited it to this other irate post.

You're obviously upset and are projecting a lot onto what I wrote. I see this as reflecting your own thinking, rather than mine. Come back when you've cooled down dude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    A young fit guy beating up an old fat guy is proof of nothing.
    Jesus Christ what do you expect?
    This is why you (general YOU) just can't stop training all the way through your old age. It's terrible that when you are 80 years old, a 20 years old knocks on your door and beat you up. If you let youself to be fat like the guy in that clip, you deserve to get beaten up.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-10-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

A young fit guy beating up an old fat guy is proof of nothing.
    Jesus Christ what do you expect?
    expect 4 ounce to defeat 1000 pounds

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

So I'm probably totally missing the point of this thread, but could someone please explain the difference between "internal and external"?

Bang, you've said something a couple of times about it coming from the boxer rebellion and its total bs ( sorry if I misquote you, I don't want to put words in your mouth) but I would really like your imput.

And Gene you said to check out your book which I did but (I bow my head in shame) have not finished the book (crap tone of info for an uneducated, infant of a wish he could even call himself a martial artist). Is there a particular chapter I should be looking at.

I hope I don't get to off topic here, but to me internal KF (or MA what have you) is having such an intimate knowledge of the inter workings of your own body that you can command it to do psychotic things within the confines of physics. Obviously I'm not talking about stupid flying bs but I think you get my point. I also understand that there is a ridiculous amount of training involved get to that point (I.e. mastering a 2 in punch).

Am I wayyyy of the mark?
    My leg being bionic is a reminder that arogance does not come without a price.

"Keep your skills quiet until it is absolutely necessary to reveal them. And when that time comes, be a divine defender of Buddha." -Gene Ching-... -and "slap them silly."

Quote Originally Posted by A BIONIC LEG View Post
    So I'm probably totally missing the point of this thread, but could someone please explain the difference between "internal and external"?
    shaolin kung fu oral teaching says "a man who trains inner power looks soft like cotton, but can instantly become hard as iron."

shaolin boxing sutra says "a man who looks like he doesnt train boxing, looking like a farmer or teenager, can make his muscles instantly become hard as iron, this is the secret of the killer."

Quote Originally Posted by A BIONIC LEG View Post

Bang, you've said something a couple of times about it coming from the boxer rebellion and its total bs ( sorry if I misquote you, I don't want to put words in your mouth) but I would really like your imput.
    manchu prince duan was a big head in boxer rebellion. tai chi founder yang luchan was part of his retinue.
    Last edited by bawang; 05-15-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is why you (general YOU) just can't stop training all the way through your old age. It's terrible that when you are 80 years old, a 20 years old knocks on your door and beat you up. If you let youself to be fat like the guy in that clip, you deserve to get beaten up.
    If you only have offensive skills, that will happen, the older you get , the worse it will be.

Are you saying that if you only have offensive skills you will become fat?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that the fat dude maybe says he's this or that, but it is more than obvious that he is none of the above.

I seriously doubt there is any kung fu training in his background of any merit.
    Even two or three years of serious training will show in someone.

That guy merely looks like a fat dude getting beat up by a guy half his age and 1/3 his body fat.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    If you only have offensive skills, that will happen, the older you get , the worse it will be.
    Offense is the best defense. When US missiles flew toward Iraq, we didn't see any Iraq missiles flew back to US.

You just can't "soft" your opponent to death.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-15-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Gonna go out on a limb and say that the fat dude maybe says he's this or that, but it is more than obvious that he is none of the above.

I seriously doubt there is any kung fu training in his background of any merit.
    Even two or three years of serious training will show in someone.

That guy merely looks like a fat dude getting beat up by a guy half his age and 1/3 his body fat.
    yup.
    Threw two little jabs and took a ritual ass kicking from someone he knew he couldn't beat, and only hoped he wouldn't be beaten too badly.

I think of internal energy as power created by core muscles, mental focus and breathing in a coordinated manner and applying it through your extremities. The more control and coordination and timing you have, the less brute force you need to apply from your arms and legs. Thus, you use less energy to accomplish the same results, or you have more energy on demand. Relaxed mental focus is also part of it, to my mind.

Bionic Leg - How does the Psychotic part fit in? In believing you can generate magic chi balls of fire?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

I'm a professional Space Cowboy.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'm a professional Space Cowboy.
    i am dinosaur soldier. but sometimes they call me flute cop.

I think of internal energy as power created by core muscles, mental focus and breathing in a coordinated manner and applying it through your extremities. The more control and coordination and timing you have, the less brute force you need to apply from your arms and legs. Thus, you use less energy to accomplish the same results, or you have more energy on demand. Relaxed mental focus is also part of it, to my mind.

Bionic Leg - How does the Psychotic part fit in? In believing you can generate magic chi balls of fire?[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I think you acctually helped me a little in my search for an answer.

When it comes to using the tearm "phychotic" I might of used the tearm wrong do describe some of the techniques I've seen in my travles (I was a little drunk when I posted that last night ). But I'm refering to things like Iron Shirt, (spear demo) Iron Crotch, hell even the two inch punch (yeah yeah I know it is alittle bit of a pop culture cliche but I am still facinated with it).

I also get that techniques that would fall under the Iron Body catagory do require years of body conditioning.

As I'm typing this the wheels are spinning faster than a hamster in a wheel on speed.

So are you saying that internal is more about breath and absoulute relaxation of mind and body?
    My leg being bionic is a reminder that arogance does not come without a price.

"Keep your skills quiet until it is absolutely necessary to reveal them. And when that time comes, be a divine defender of Buddha." -Gene Ching-... -and "slap them silly."

I thought the Grandmaster Wang Xiang-Zhai (1885-1963) Interview thread would generate more discussion, but I did make the mistake of putting it on the internal and not the general forum.

Anyway - it seems he liked two things, internal cultivation and fisticuffs and pretty much eliminated all else from his practice. His interview was pretty scathing about his contemporaries. It sounds a lot like the forum talk as of late and it was written quite some time ago. anyway...

My take on it was that he didn't like the classifications of internal or external either. He seemed to describe the major difference in terms of the ideal approach to training. External was more of "if he does this, then you do that" style of training for newbies, and Internal was more spontaneous with spontaneous reaction being the ideal for both.

Again my take from the interview, Fighting was supposed to be the first goal.