Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal and Combat

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    Good as amateurs but I wouldn't say "FIGHTERS".

Really... I would LOVE to see you step onto the platform with any one of them. Hell, I'll wager I have GIRLS who would change your perspective within a minute or two of engaging.
    One of these days the world is going to become so politically correct that it will scare itself out of existence.

MP 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Patterson View Post
    Really... I would LOVE to see you step onto the platform with any one of them. Hell, I'll wager I have GIRLS who would change your perspective within a minute or two of engaging.
    Shihfu Patterson, I wouldn't really respond much to this guy.. his profile isn't that filled out but he seems to be yet anotehr of the Henana Shaolin Kool Aid drinkers...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I never said that I'm more than an amateur hobbyist. I respect you for training them and you have done a good job but I have seen better fighters in comparison.

I never said that I'm more than an amateur hobbyist. I respect you for training them and you have done a good job but I have seen better fighters in comparison.
    Based upon what you have posted here, I suggest there is something with your vision.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    At 2.06, it's a foot sweep. I believe this clip is a demo (set up). It's not a real fight.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    At 2.06, it's a foot sweep. I believe this clip is a demo (set up). It's not a real fight.
    As my teacher told me that year they wanted to promote Wang Xian's school. They only allowed Wang's son and a few of his students plus a few non-fighters from outside of Chen village. The fights between the people of their own school were fake but about this one I'm not sure. Even for a fake fight it's too sloppy. It's either fake or probably the guy just hasn't fought before in his life.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Not everyone puts weight on their front leg when striking.
    You still have to put one leg infront of another. Even if you may just put 0% weight as empty stance, you will be vulunable for scoop.

The shin bite, scoop, sticky kick, foot sweep are "4 in 1 and 1 in 4". This is just part of the "leg skill" that I was talking about.

Sorry.. but the statement;

I never said that I'm more than an amateur hobbyist.
    combined with;

I have seen better fighters in comparison.
    add up to..

you don't have a clue what you are looking at and are in no position what-so-ever to judge.

Anyone who as not fought at, or trained fighters for, a competitive level is incapable of judging what is good from bad fighting. Your being a "hobbyist" does not put you on an equal footing with people that have coached fighters to success. You simply do not have "the eyes" to really know one way or another. The proof of this is found within both what you have stated and, what you say you are unsure of, with regard to the clips posted.

Contrary to belief by some people on this and other forums...Yes.. you DO have to have actual experience to know. Being a hobbyist/practitioner does not and never will qualify you, or anyone else who thinks as you do, to be able to judge.

David is right... you need help with your vision.. and a great deal of help at that. But thanks for your "respect" as lord knows that is the stuff for which I live.
    One of these days the world is going to become so politically correct that it will scare itself out of existence.

MP 2007

Sorry.. but the statement;

combined with;

add up to..

you don't have a clue what you are looking at and are in no position what-so-ever to judge.

Anyone who as not fought at, or trained fighters for, a competitive level is incapable of judging what is good from bad fighting. Your being a "hobbyist" does not put you on an equal footing with people that have coached fighters to success. You simply do not have "the eyes" to really know one way or another. The proof of this is found within both what you have stated and, what you say you are unsure of, with regard to the clips posted.

Contrary to belief by some people on this and other forums...Yes.. you DO have to have actual experience to know. Being a hobbyist/practitioner does not and never will qualify you, or anyone else who thinks as you do, to be able to judge.

David is right... you need help with your vision.. and a great deal of help at that. But thanks for your "respect" as lord knows that is the stuff for which I live.
    The world would become a much better place for all of us if someday you trained "FIGHTERS" who could beat up UFC champions with just taiji, bagua and xingyi. Until then these endless discussions about IMA or even TCMA will continue for ever with no proof of them being anything more than amateur fighting. So good luck and personally I hope you can make IMA proud by training such fighters.
    Last edited by xinyidizi; 05-04-2013 at 11:19 PM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    The world would become a much better place for all of us if someday you trained "FIGHTERS" who could beat up UFC champions with just taiji, bagua and xingyi
    lol this statement made me laugh. not for the fact of the listed MA's. but the fact that you seem to have a chip on your shoulder.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    lol this statement made me laugh. not for the fact of the listed MA's. but the fact that you seem to have a chip on your shoulder.
    I guess it's a TCMA thing. I want to be serious but I can't. I want to be sarcastic but I can't either.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Agreed, but do you think that part of the dynamics of the defense is to go with and return from the incoming strikes?

In which case, that would be difficult.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Agreed, but do you think that part of the dynamics of the defense is to go with and return from the incoming strikes?

In which case, that would be difficult.
    Are you talking about the counters for foot sweep? You can

- pull your foot over the sweeping leg.
    - turn your shin bore into the sweeping leg.

Both will require body spinning.

A fake demo is easy to detect. When someone chokes your throat, instead of trying to use your hands to break the throat hold, you drop your hands next to your legs and shake like a fish, that's fake. When you can see some abnormal respond, that's fake. In that clip, his opponent made mistakes that even a beginner won't make those mistakes.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-05-2013 at 07:54 AM.

The world would become a much better place for all of us if someday you trained "FIGHTERS" who could beat up UFC champions with just taiji, bagua and xingyi. Until then these endless discussions about IMA or even TCMA will continue for ever with no proof of them being anything more than amateur fighting. So good luck and personally I hope you can make IMA proud by training such fighters.
    Someone else will have to carry that torch, dude. My era pre-dates professional MMA.

But that does not change the fact that fighting at any competitive level is still fighting at a competitive level, amateur or otherwise. And it also does not change the fact that until you, or any other "hobbyist" that thinks like you do, steps into a ring of ANY kind or venue and wins. Or coaches anyone in ANY kind of competitive venue to win (I have done both, btw) their opinion on fighting at any level means exactly ZERO to me.

For now, your ignorance is both telling and laughable. Come back and talk to me when you are more than just a "hobbyist" and perhaps I will listen.

MP 2007

Anyone who as not fought at, or trained fighters for, a competitive level is incapable of judging what is good from bad fighting.
    until you, or any other "hobbyist" that thinks like you do, steps into a ring of ANY kind or venue and wins. Or coaches anyone in ANY kind of competitive venue to win (I have done both, btw) their opinion on fighting at any level means exactly ZERO to me.
    "Everybody loves the smell of their own taint."

- A.J Liebling