Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Internal and Combat

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    The sad thing here, and indicative of the problem with those who practice TCMA these days, is that I have no idea if you are being serious or being sarcastic

Do you not realize that thing is completely fake
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

It is partly fake but it's not about this particular competition. The low roundhouse and footsweep are common in competitions now, not enough videos though.

It is partly fake but it's not about this particular competition. The low roundhouse and footsweep is common in competitions now, not enough videos though.
    it is completely fake.... the fact that China still tries to push crap like this is so sad...

If your point is that roundkicks and sweeps exist in TCMA, ok, that I have no problem with... they have always been there

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    it is completely fake.... the fact that China still tries to push crap like this is so sad...

If your point is that roundkicks and sweeps exist in TCMA, ok, that I have no problem with... they have always been there
    That's mostly a free style demo for promoting Wang Xian's school however Wang Zhanjun has some skills in real combat.

That's mostly a free style demo for promoting Wang Xian's school however Wang Zhanjun has some skills in real combat.
    you are sorting of missing my point... if you have real skills, show them! Not some completely obvious faked demo and trying to sell it as a real match...

that TV event came about after "san da wang"... a lot in the so called "traditional community" thought san da was "too violent" (what they really meant was it was too real and they had none of their own students who could keep up in that arena).. it's a truly sad attempt to sell the fake dream, the ilusion of ancient mastes who show the "real stuff"

you are sorting of missing my point... if you have real skills, show them! Not some completely obvious faked demo and trying to sell it as a real match...

that TV event came about after "san da wang"... a lot in the so called "traditional community" thought san da was "too violent" (what they really meant was it was too real and they had none of their own students who could keep up in that arena).. it's a truly sad attempt to sell the fake dream, the ilusion of ancient mastes who show the "real stuff"
    Dude. In Chinese they say 死马当活马医。 TCMA is almost lost. Just be grateful that there is a little bit of it left is semi fake competitions.

Dude. In Chinese they say 死马当活马医。 TCMA is almost lost. Just be grateful that there is a little bit of it left is semi fake competitions.
    they can say whatever they want... doesn't make it true

the issue is that people THINK TCMA is supposed to look a certain way, even when there is ZERO evidence it was ever that way

Go back 100 years and see how those "masters" fought... they fought with what here is derogatorilly called "kickboxing" while the "internal masters" criticized it from the seating a few rows back.

Do you know and/or have trained with any of the pre Civil War generation?? They guys who fought and killed with this stuff? I have trained and knew quite a few... they most certainly hated that sort of crap, didn't think TCMA looked like a Shaw Brothers Movie

Look at what Shihfu Patterson produced.... FIGHTERS, not chi blasts

That's the point.
    You called that clip SPARRING. You are confused if you think that was sparring.

they can say whatever they want... doesn't make it true

the issue is that people THINK TCMA is supposed to look a certain way, even when there is ZERO evidence it was ever that way

Go back 100 years and see how those "masters" fought... they fought with what here is derogatorilly called "kickboxing" while the "internal masters" criticized it from the seating a few rows back.

Do you know and/or have trained with any of the pre Civil War generation?? They guys who fought and killed with this stuff? I have trained and knew quite a few... they most certainly hated that sort of crap, didn't think TCMA looked like a Shaw Brothers Movie

Look at what Shihfu Patterson produced.... FIGHTERS, not chi blasts
    Good as amateurs but I wouldn't say "FIGHTERS". In Henan I have seen much better stuff but because of face they can just do their real competitions behind closed doors. At their best they are close to average Sanda level which is obviously not enough because of how they have promoted themselves. It's a very easy and profitable business and one embarrassing video online can ruin it all.
    Last edited by xinyidizi; 05-04-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    You called that clip SPARRING. You are confused if you think that was sparring.
    Just figure out how someone can make millions of dollars with that.

In Henan I have seen much better stuff but because of face they can just do their real competitions behind closed doors.

cough*bullshit*cough

Just figure out how someone can make millions of dollars with that.
    By tricking gullible students like you into thinking that is high level sparring? He could trick a few hundred guys just like you I to paying him thousands of dollars.

Have you ever seen someone get knocked down so many times in a boxing match? Or an mma match? No. Because those matches are real. That "free style demo clip" is fake as hell. The guy wearing black and white wants even attempting any attacks besides his side thrust kick. You can't be serious.

By tricking gullible students like you into thinking that is high level sparring? He could trick a few hundred guys just like you I to paying him thousands of dollars.
    Take it is, I was joking.

Have you ever seen someone get knocked down so many times in a boxing match? Or an mma match? No. Because those matches are real. That "free style demo clip" is fake as hell. The guy wearing black and white wants even attempting any attacks besides his side thrust kick. You can't be serious.
    When Wang Zhanjun was younger he had his share of knocking down and breaking the bones of people. And dude we are talking about what we have in the world of TCMA. If you want to compare it to UFC fighters then we should just close down all these forums and schools.