Thread: "Ground Demon" form (地煞) in Chee Kim Thong's Wuzuquan

"Ground Demon" form (地煞) in Chee Kim Thong's Wuzuquan

Are there any Five Ancestors people here who are familiar with this form? The name caught my eye, but my wuzu teacher here in Taipei doesn't know it. I'd love to hear some details.
    Thanks in advance,
    Elu.

yes, this is one of the eitghteen bare-handed solo forms in our Chee KimThong lineage.

I personally have not learnt this form, but from what I know, it has techniques for 'fighting on the ground'. Please note that is is NOT "groundwork" as commonly referred to by the MMA jocks. Its not grappling, rather its consists of techniques with low stances, for moving quickly close to the ground and striking opponents on legs and lower body, and possibly take downs. Obviously it has techniques for defence while that low down...

For us, these techniques are useful in a crowded multiple opponent scenario.. adds to surprise and confusion...

Which lineage and teacher do you train under?

Will you be at the Nan Shao Lin conference in June? Perhaps we can meet there...

Boh Shifu,

Can you share the names of the 18 forms in the Chee Kim Thong lineage?

Best Regards,

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by boh View Post
    yes, this is one of the eitghteen bare-handed solo forms in
    our Chee KimThong lineage.

I personally have not learnt this form, but from what I know, it has techniques for 'fighting on the ground'. Please note that is is NOT "groundwork" as commonly referred to by the MMA jocks. Its not grappling, rather its consists of techniques with low stances, for moving quickly close to the ground and striking opponents on legs and lower body, and possibly take downs. Obviously it has techniques for defence while that low down...

For us, these techniques are useful in a crowded multiple opponent scenario.. adds to surprise and confusion...

Which lineage and teacher do you train under?

Will you be at the Nan Shao Lin conference in June? Perhaps we can meet there...