Thread: Master Zamora's Wah Lum Forms?

Master Zamora's Wah Lum Forms?

Can anyone identify these forms being peformed by students of "Master Zamora"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF4eeZxw0rg

Caveat: I haven't done any wah lum stuff in over a decade.
    The forms presented don't look like the basic mini-forms of wah lum (of which my old school taught 10). They also don't look like the official wah lum forms (wah lum 1, 2, etc).
    They do have that Wah lum flavor and there are parts of each that may be in Wah Lum 1 or 2.
    Hopefully some more established Wah Lum folks post and fill in the blanks.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

The external empty hand forms from the 1983 Curriculum are:
    16 Hands (Sup Bat Sau)- Little Open Gate (Siu Moon)- Wah Lum 1st form- Straight Form (Jik Kuen)- Seven Kicks (Chut Guerk)- Wah Lum 2nd Form- 18 Elbows (Sub Bat Dong)- 2 Person Form (Yee Yan Kuen)- Little Mantis (Siu Tong Long)- Wah Lum 4th Form- 36 Hands (Sam Sup Lok Sau)- Leopard Form (Pao Kuen)- Buddha Form (Lo Han Kuen)- Wah Lum 3rd Form- Buddha Palm (Fut Jeung)- Chariot fist form (Fan Cha Kuen)- Wah Lum 5th Form- Wah Lum 6th Form- Big Mantis (Dai Tong Long)- Drunken Form (Jui Yan Kuen)- Swallow fist (Ngan Kuen)- Plum flower (Mui Fah Kuen)- six corners (Lok Gok Kuen- 18 kicks (Sup Bat Guerk)- 18 locking hands (Sup Bat Sau Sou)- tin fong fingers (Tin Fong Ji)- So Loh Hand (so lo sow)- …(luck low)- Mantis Exits the Cave (tong Long Chut Dong)- Soft form (Min Kuen).

Not Wah Lum, except the arm movement in the breathing section.

Flavor is more like the 'Roads' of Tam Tui.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    If memory serves correctly, when you are no longer associated with Wah Lum, you cannot teach their forms. It is their intellectual property. I think you had to sign to that.
    I'm not sure how that would stand up in court. Are these forms developed by Chan Pui himself?

Saly, yet another defect of the TCMA community (wu lin); being obsessed with what someone else is doing

Why do any of you CARE?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Wow! Its spiralstair!!
    I was in the neighborhood....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Saly, yet another defect of the TCMA community (wu lin); being obsessed with what someone else is doing

Why do any of you CARE?
    I dunno, he asked a question and I tried to answer it.
    Aside from that I don't have a dog in this race.
    Most of the wah lum folks I used to be in contact with on this forum left a long time ago.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I dunno, he asked a question and I tried to answer it.
    Aside from that I don't have a dog in this race.
    Most of the wah lum folks I used to be in contact with on this forum left a long time ago.
    wasn't directed at you personally, more generally
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

forms

they are not wah lum forms, they have moves out of the wah lum forms. they are probably made up forms with their core being from wah lum.

i have heard the old "cannot teach wah lum" if you leave the system.
    You paid for the knowledge, it is yours, that's like going to university and then cannot use what you learned.

the core of wah lum forms is not really what lee kwan shan taught anyway.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    the beginner forms were added later-little open gate, 16 hands, little mantis, etc, as a beginner's syllabus. Nothing wrong with breaking them down further when teaching openly to the public. Pretty much every major system has entry level forms-Karate has always had them, Heian/Pinan Kata were created as a breakdown of Kushanku/Kanku-Dai/Sho, and Kihon, Taikiyoku were further breakdowns.
    Doing them by the numbers is a pretty standard teaching method. Nothing wrong with this.
    Just so long as he doesn't say, "step."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Just so long as he doesn't say, "step."
    Making fun of that guy never gets old. What's his name?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    sup luk sao is 16 hands, Siu Hoi Moon, is little open gate...yes?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    the beginner forms were added later-little open gate, 16 hands, little mantis, etc, as a beginner's syllabus.
    Yah our's was broken down even further, with mini-sets that would cover a single combo (usually derived from the forms) - like 1st basic, 2nd basic, etc, up to like 10. Little mantis, for example, was something most people wouldn't see until a year or 2 there. You'd finish the basics and then move onto a random smattering of forms, coz there were multiple styles taught at the school. Myself, I ended up with Little Mantis, Sup Sei Lo, Gung Lek (standard version, not mantis version), and Wah Lum staff after a couple years.

Wah Lum Pai is an every growing and maturing organization of styles very much the same as Tian Shan Pai, Ying Jow Pai, Fu Jow Pai, etc.

If you want to know what the original 5 hand sets were of what LKS of the Tan Tui Tang Lang Men was go to this thread in the mantis section

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...=1#post1228387