Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys explain this?

Tmi bro!!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

let me tell you something. I was quite free with information and videos. Then I decided it was a pointless ego filled exercise to present myself in that manner when it has nothing to lead to.
    Hic rhodus hic saltus.

From http://www.marxists.org/glossary/terms/h/i.htm

"The well-known but little understood maxim originates from the traditional Latin translation of the punchline from Aesop’s fable The Boastful Athlete which has been the subject of some mistranslations.

In Greek, the maxim reads:

“ιδού η ρόδος,
    ιδού και το πήδημα”

The story is that an athlete boasts that when in Rhodes, he performed a stupendous jump, and that there were witnesses who could back up his story. A bystander then remarked, ‘Alright! Let’s say this is Rhodes, demonstrate the jump here and now.’ The fable shows that people must be known by their deeds, not by their own claims for themselves."

Aya!

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post
    Hic rhodus hic saltus.

From http://www.marxists.org/glossary/terms/h/i.htm

"The well-known but little understood maxim originates from the traditional Latin translation of the punchline from Aesop’s fable The Boastful Athlete which has been the subject of some mistranslations.

In Greek, the maxim reads:

“ιδού η ρόδος,
    ιδού και το πήδημα”

The story is that an athlete boasts that when in Rhodes, he performed a stupendous jump, and that there were witnesses who could back up his story. A bystander then remarked, ‘Alright! Let’s say this is Rhodes, demonstrate the jump here and now.’ The fable shows that people must be known by their deeds, not by their own claims for themselves."

Aya!
    yeah, the only problem with this is that I've been here since 96 and you haven't... so, I don't expect you know much about anything particularly me. Same as frost. He's just some guy in the UK as far as I'm concerned, I've never seen his videos as much as he is adamant he's posted them etc etc etc.

Anyway, stay in school.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

yeah, the only problem with this is that I've been here since 96 and you haven't... so, I don't expect you know much about anything particularly me. Same as frost. He's just some guy in the UK as far as I'm concerned, I've never seen his videos as much as he is adamant he's posted them etc etc etc.

Anyway, stay in school.
    cant leave me alone can you, i wasn't going to bother with you but sincl since you mentioned me and cant seem to leave things alone.......

David Jamieson
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frost
    im sure i have posted a couple of clips, heres a grappling one from 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7qy_XITvkg

not great i know but hey i tried
    nope, guillotine is good.
    say look not only did i post clips...like i said i did, but you also commentated on it again like i said you did....whats that sound....you getting spanked i believe
    Last edited by Frost; 05-21-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    cant leave me alone can you, i wasn't going to bother with you but sincl since you mentioned me and cant seem to leave things alone.......

say look not only did i post clips...like i said i did, but you also commentated on it again like i said you did....whats that sound....you getting spanked i believe

The context in which you were mentioned is important. Grasp of language is good in a forum.
    Anyway, nice guillotine slip but try to respect the tap the first time jackwagon. lol
    never seen my videos is what you said...hard to really misconstrued that dont you think

and you are right context is everything; id just subbed a russian wrestler with a key lock, id let go as he tapped and before the ref had seen it causing said ref to warn me not to let the sub go until he has seen the tap...hence me walking him over to the ref for the second tap any one with grappling knowledge will see i let the sub relax as i walked the guy over and applied it again with control

if i was you id stick to speaking about something you actually know: not sure what that is exactly BUT id suggest leaving the grappling, MMA and strength and conditioning to others for a start

Anyway, stay in school.
    Dear David,
    Who you are, and how long you've been projecting an image, is not important to me. It is a sadness that some people find themselves so trapped by the personal mythology that they've weaved around themselves that they actually can't see any way out of it other than to keep going with the facade.

Good luck brother.
    Last edited by Miqi; 05-24-2013 at 05:36 AM.

never seen my videos is what you said...hard to really misconstrued that dont you think
    try not to be a narcissistic twat. Just because you post something doesn't mean someone viewed it. No, I hadn't seen anything at all, and it still doesn't matter.
    and you are right context is everything; id just subbed a russian wrestler with a key lock, id let go as he tapped and before the ref had seen it causing said ref to warn me not to let the sub go until he has seen the tap...hence me walking him over to the ref for the second tap any one with grappling knowledge will see i let the sub relax as i walked the guy over and applied it again with control
    That's fine. Cool story bro.
    if i was you id stick to speaking about something you actually know: not sure what that is exactly BUT id suggest leaving the grappling, MMA and strength and conditioning to others for a start
    Your ego is inflamed pal, you're not that great. lol

Fighting is simple stuff. I would be wary of trying to make it seem like rocket surgery.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post
    Dear David,
    Who you are, and how long you've been projecting an image, is not important to me. It is a sadness that some people find themselves so trapped by the personal mythology that they've weaved around themselves that they actually can't see any way out of it other than to keep going with the facade.

Good luck brother.
    Dunno why you would bother trying to jump in and represent.
    Who are you and why should I care?
    Do you need attention or something?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

try not to be a narcissistic twat. Just because you post something doesn't mean someone viewed it. No, I hadn't seen anything at all, and it still doesn't matter.
    That's fine. Cool story bro.
    Your ego is inflamed pal, you're not that great. lol

Fighting is simple stuff. I would be wary of trying to make it seem like rocket surgery.
    umm now you need to read more closely...because the post i reposted was from you comentating on my original post

Lets try again notice your name and post count at the top?? thats beause its from you
    The underlined bit was my original post
    the bit under that saying about the guillotine (in quotes again) was what you wrote, hard to comment on something you have never seen ????
    David Jamieson
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frost

nope, guillotine is good.
    I never said im great just that i know more than you on these topics

Never mentioned anything about fighting, again maybe you need reading lessons not me??
    Last edited by Frost; 05-24-2013 at 06:34 AM.

umm now you need to read more closely...because the post i reposted was from you comentating on my original post

Lets try again notice your name and post count at the top?? thats beause its from you
    The underlined bit was my original post
    the bit under that saying about the guillotine (in quotes again) was what you wrote, hard to comment on something you have never seen ????

I never said im great just that i know more than you on these topics

Never mentioned anything about fighting, again maybe you need reading lessons not me??

Dude...are you stupid? I DON'T CARE.

Can I make it any clearer to you or are you thick?
    Jesus , some people.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dude...are you stupid? I DON'T CARE.

Can I make it any clearer to you or are you thick?
    Jesus , some people.
    You really dont ever admit you are wrong do you, no wonder you are so well liked here

You really dont ever admit you are wrong do you, no wonder you are so well liked here
    Dude, grow up. What do you expect from someone you go out of your way to treat like an ass.

You're naught but an idiotic troll as far as I'm concerned. What can I say. Go whine about it to your friends I guess.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Dude, grow up. What do you expect from someone you go out of your way to treat like an ass.

You're naught but an idiotic troll as far as I'm concerned. What can I say. Go whine about it to your friends I guess.
    thats a nope then, and you get treated the same way you treat me (and everyone else that doesnt bow down to you)

anyway my work here is done others can judge this thread easily enough

thats a nope then, and you get treated the same way you treat me (and everyone else that doesnt bow down to you)

anyway my work here is done others can judge this thread easily enough
    You're an idiot Frost. Period.
    Even in your closing words you think you have a freaking audience when what's really here is passers by who become bemused. lol bonehead.
    Kung Fu is good for you.