Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Million Moron March

So glad I live in a place where you can just walk down the street smoking a blunt and not have to worry about police. Worst case scenario they take it from you. More often than not they pretend they didn't notice because it is still technically illegal in most cases. Sometimes they just ask you to put it out and move along, no search or anything. And I don't blame them, the paperwork must be a bitch... everyone smokes weed up in here.

That being said... if I knew they would arrest me and I lit one up in their face, would I really have a legit argument? You can get arrested on purpose then bitch that you got arrested. You can only argue that you disagree with that particular law.

I knew we would change fast about ten years ago when I went up on a possession charge. Possession of roach! I'm not kidding. Not even enough for more than one good pull. The Crown spent like 20 minutes going into all the minutiae and finally the judge stopped him mid sentence and said "I don't want to see another case like this from you again." and then looked at me and said I was free to go. After that I knew it was just a matter of time. Short time. I give it a few more years. The problem is a federal one. If the province had their say we would already have legalized it. I buy mine from a legit company that collects and pays taxes, I get a receipt, can use a CC or bank card. It's all quite legit.... accept for the fact that it's technically illegal. It's just that nobody, and I mean NOBODY, cares. Our biggest problem is dealing with US law enforcement who want to come up in here and impose their war. DEA needs to stick to cross border traffic and leave our local dealers the fuck alone. Going after gangs that traffic to the US with a joint task force is one thing, but going after locals that have no ties to the US is ridiculous. I can't believe anyone finds that acceptable. Again, it's a federal thing. Whatcha gonna do. They're always late to the party.

Yeah, the weed thing is ridiculous. Really, I don't think it will be long here either. Its inevitable. We just need a few more of these ultra conservative, bible thumping geriatrics to kick the bucket.

The funny thing here though, is that as a libertarian in the US, Kokesh has aligned himself with the republican party. He even calls himself rep on his old website from what I can tell. Seems to me he's allied up with the wrong people if he wants to light up a few, and hates war. But his daddy is a businessman so, you see the result.

But trying to call out people to march on DC armed. Stupid. Now telling people instead to march on their state capitals armed and demand dissolution of the federal gov't? More stupid. And at the very least could be a crime. At the worst it could get someone killed when one of the mouth breathers gets riled up and pops a shot off.

Oh and lets not forget, 10,000 followers is his goal. Across 50 states. Yeah, 200 people per capital. Yeah that will make a big statement... But what can ya say? Republicans never were known for their math skills.

Shit aint gonna happen. Maybe a small group here and there. Nothing more. It was a sad joke from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Y We just need a few more of these ultra conservative, bible thumping geriatrics to kick the bucket.
    somehow I cant see Jesus of the Bible carrying an assault weapon protesting for gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Shit aint gonna happen. Maybe a small group here and there. Nothing more. It was a sad joke from the get go.
    Of course it won't. I'd like to think he was at least half way intelligent enough to realize the first rally was idiotic and he decided this would be an easy out to save face, knowing people aren't going to walk on their own state capitals in any meaningful sense. He can say, well our numbers were too few to make change. I'd like to think that, but the idiot has fallen in with Alex Jones and co. He's gone over the cliff.

That's the way it is with Libertarians. We saw this when Paul was running for pres. He had some of the lowest voter turnout. But people were talking all about him on the internet. If you went by that, you'd think he was a sure win. These people constantly overestimate their popularity in the general public.