Thread: Finding The Correct Horse Stance

Threaded View

Finding The Correct Horse Stance

Hello,i know many our friends having problem with practicing horse stance and they doing it mostly wrong.To help them i want to share some of my knowledge about horse stance and i'd like to know if im wrong.So,lets start with wrong horse stances.

Pictures above good examples for wrong horse stances,they trying to look like sit on invinsible chairs.What makes them wrong?Horse stance for combat,must be usefull for it but stances above arent.They havn't balance,mobility also you cant even move in a stance like this,its locked.Anything touch you and you will fall to ground.Groin and balls are down,booms with a kick.
    Also its bad for your health,if you trying to get leg muscles like that i say be careful.I tryed to make my legs stronger long ago with that wrong stance and my knee got hurt because of too many weight loaded on it as doctor says.It still hurts when i do low stances and cracking.Lets check correct horse stances of fighting arts.

Lets look at pictures above,they are correct horse stances,they have what a horse stance needs ;
    They are balanced,you can keep in this stance for long time without hurting your joints and your back,and still get leg muscles.
    Groin and balls are upside,cant easyly kicked upward.
    They are not locked and they have mobility.So you can do things like chaning stance,kicking,stepping-moving qucikly.
    Your weight balanced on legs and one cant easly move you because your weight sticking you to ground.
    This facts makes a horse stance strong and powerfull.
    There is not just one way for correct horse stance,its correct if its usefull.

I hope i makes even a little sense for anyone who read it,thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Rover; 05-09-2013 at 02:27 PM.