Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Makes it Kung Fu?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i feel a lot of people treat guns like toys. i dont think its a martial culture.

when u kiss the gun, and kneel before your rifle praying, then its a martial culture.
    I would say that is more of misplaced religious feelings towards something you are doing and those feelings and actions are drawn out of ignorance to the real purpose.

The real purpose being that life is not what you believe in, it is what happens around you all the time and how you participate in the world you live in. Having said that, fighting, is a particular set of skills guided by a will to do it. Fighting can be done without meaning such as bar fights etc. Meaningless cok rubbing really with no positive outcome available most if not all of the time. More revealing of the base qualities of the nature of men and women.

Then there is meaning that is driven by purpose. Ending a crime, helping someone being assaulted, serving in war or as a police officer. All very real and cut and dried places you need to work the discipline of martial arts.

Being enthusiastic is one thing, becoming an enthusiast for the sake of it is in my opinion a reflection of a weak construct being formed in the mind. Rather than looking at something for what it really is, the fantasy of what is desired is projected onto it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Being enthusiastic is one thing, becoming an enthusiast for the sake of it is in my opinion a reflection of a weak construct being formed in the mind. Rather than looking at something for what it really is, the fantasy of what is desired is projected onto it.
    so if you bow down to a katana, its culture. if you bow down to a machine gun thats 10000 times more powerful than a katana, you are just vain and have fantasy.

guns were considered sacred divine instruments in kung fu. they have their own gun spirit just like a sword. if you dont respect the gun spirit it will jam or explode.
    Last edited by bawang; 05-21-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I think one of the main things that separates Gung-Fu from other arts such as Japanese Karate, Okinawan Karate, and Korean TKD,TSD< etc is that Gung-Fu has many different methods of issueing power, long short, whipping, hard, soft, shocking, sticking, coiling, etc.
    Put this into Japanes Karate, and suddenly their art changes.
    Why do you think that the higher Katas that resemble TCMA on the outside, still look so different? Because they only have the skin and hair, and not the "internals'
    "Internals," meaning the different body methods of generating power, mechanics, not ch'i-balls.
    This.
    Honestly, culture aside ( and that is THE issue), what makes kung fu, kung fu is what is unique about it and that is what Rik wrote above.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Rasta View Post
    To get to Kellen's original question though, I think it is, obviously, meaning "of Chinese origin or development",
    This is, of course, what I meant. The colloquial usage of the term, in the west; not the literal translation.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

i feel a lot of people treat guns like toys. i dont think its a martial culture.

when u kiss the gun, and kneel before your rifle praying, then its a martial culture.
    Then I certainly know some folks who are very into martial culture when it comes to guns...There are plenty of gun fanatics every bit as zealous and borderline religious about their passion as the most dedicated martial artists.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

so if you bow down to a katana, its culture. if you bow down to a machine gun thats 10000 times more powerful than a katana, you are just vain and have fantasy.

guns were considered sacred divine instruments in kung fu. they have their own gun spirit just like a sword. if you dont respect the gun spirit it will jam or explode.
    If you bow down to inanimate objects, you have issues.

A gun is a machine, a sword is an implement, there is nothing worth applying religiously or culturally to them as anything more than tools for doing killing with. That is all they are. Devices, invented to inflict pain and cause death.

Culture? That's...just weird and only a little misguided. If someone considers inanimate objects divine in any way, they are better off getting some counseling or therapy.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I think one of the main things that separates Gung-Fu from other arts such as Japanese Karate, Okinawan Karate, and Korean TKD,TSD< etc is that Gung-Fu has many different methods of issueing power, long short, whipping, hard, soft, shocking, sticking, coiling, etc.
    Put this into Japanes Karate, and suddenly their art changes.
    Why do you think that the higher Katas that resemble TCMA on the outside, still look so different? Because they only have the skin and hair, and not the "internals'
    "Internals," meaning the different body methods of generating power, mechanics, not ch'i-balls.
    I am not sure that this is unique to only Chinese martial arts, but this is what makes Kung Fu/CMA different from the arts that do not teach this information/skill set. In some cases this is what makes Chinese arts inferior to other arts as well, in other cases this is what gives them the potential to be superior. It all depends on what engine is used, how it is put to use, and how good the tools and strategies that go along with all of this are and how well they integrate into the big picture.
    Last edited by Golden Arms; 05-21-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    If you bow down to inanimate objects, you have issues.

A gun is a machine, a sword is an implement, there is nothing worth applying religiously or culturally to them as anything more than tools for doing killing with. That is all they are. Devices, invented to inflict pain and cause death.

Culture? That's...just weird and only a little misguided. If someone considers inanimate objects divine in any way, they are better off getting some counseling or therapy.

sounds like real kung fu is too hardcore for u bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Then I certainly know some folks who are very into martial culture when it comes to guns...There are plenty of gun fanatics every bit as zealous and borderline religious about their passion as the most dedicated martial artists.
    they sound like very strong warriors who not afraid anything, bomb the brown peoples and shoot milk from penus
    Last edited by bawang; 05-21-2013 at 02:37 PM.

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
    My rifle and I know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
    My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
    Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
    So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!
    "
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    "My rifle and I ... "
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...=0&FORM=NVPFVR
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-21-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

they sound like very strong warriors who not afraid anything, bomb the brown peoples and shoot milk from penus
    They don't only bomb brown people, but people of any race or color that would kill the brown people, without their permission. Including other brown people.