Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What Makes it Kung Fu?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i dont see how its irrelevant. kung fu adds color to my life.
    My younger brother told me I need to beat someone up for him. I told him fighting on the street is obsolete. If you fight someone, you may have to deal with being jumped by his friends and family with baseball bats. You might get shot or stabbed. You might go to jail. Better to just use the law to your advantage I told him.

He looked so disappointed in me. He asked why I train so hard and spend so much time and energy into it if it's pointless to fight in the street. I tell him it's the nature of man. I feel alive when I spar and grapple. It's hard, I get hurt, I heal and do it again. Animals spar all the time. It's part of nature. It's part of our nature.

I really think fighting is an important part of humanity that has been lost to modern society. That's why we fight in rings and cages now. The base instincts don't go away just because society changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

i dont see how its irrelevant. kung fu adds color to my life. some people attach electrodes to their genitals to feel human. some people let big black men bang their wives to feel alive. i train kung fu.
    Plus you can give people colour see see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Rasta View Post
    Strictly speaking, what makes it "kung fu" is the level of skill that rises to intrinsic perfection after long time of training. That is the real actual meaning of the words "kung fu". "Kung fu" is not a martial art, is not even strictly Chinese, per se, except for being Chinese language. It's a concept describing uncanny skill obtained thru much repeated hard work. Not even exclusive to martial arts. So if you want to be absolutely correct about the term you are using, that is the only thing that makes something "kung fu". See what I'm sayin?
    So if kung fu can be anything that you get good at over time and energy such as guitar playing, or bodybuilding, break dancing, photography, etc etc, is there a chinese word for "martial kung fu"? What is the chinese word for "martial"?

Wushu.......
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post
    So if kung fu can be anything that you get good at over time and energy such as guitar playing, or bodybuilding, break dancing, photography, etc etc, is there a chinese word for "martial kung fu"? What is the chinese word for "martial"?
    yo mama poosy

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Wushu.......
    "Wu Kung Fu" nice.

Wushu basically means 'martial arts', meaning it could also refer to non-Chinese MA. Technically, the most accurate term is probably Zhongguo wushu (Chinese MA).

Some other terms are: wu yi, wu gong.

In Japan, the Chinese characters for 'wushu' are pronounced 'bujutsu'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    In Japan, the Chinese characters for 'wushu' are pronounced 'bujutsu'.
    Albeit without the negative connotation implied by the western usage of "wushu."

Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post

Chuan Fa?

Maybe Mr. Ross will weigh in on this one.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Chuan Fa?
    "Chuan Fa - fist method" only cover the striking art. It doesnot cover the throwing art.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

martial = Wu =
    Kung Fu is good for you.

personally kung fu gave me the mental fortitude to face my problems in life. a girl tried to get me fired at work last year, so i got her fired.

when i visited china, i gave a homeless woman 400 dollars out of wu de. i also dont tell people in real life about it out of wu de.
    You don't tell people in real life that you study Kung fu because they will try to beat you and you will flail like a Kung fu woman.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    You don't tell people in real life that you study Kung fu because they will try to beat you and you will flail like a Kung fu woman.
    I agree with this ...well except for the flailing woman part. lol
    I am not overt or blatant about martial practice and keep it to myself for the most part in my everyday life.

My facebook page isn't plastered with pictures of myself in kung fu poses and such and in fact, you probably won't find any of that on my page or my personal website etc. For exactly that reason.

I don't want someone to know that I can meet them in violence and that way I get to have the surprise because it won't be me who is the aggressor.

Part of Kung Fu is being a sneaky jerk.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.