Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know the backstory to this clip?

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    That's either the most arrogant or most deluded post I've read in ages, can't decide which.
    It is probably the truest post you have read in a while, although you obviously don't realise it. Training in gloves is a good idea if you are going to fight in gloves. Not if you are not. I don't wear padded gloves most of the time. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    It is probably the truest post you have read in a while, although you obviously don't realise it. Training in gloves is a good idea if you are going to fight in gloves. Not if you are not. I don't wear padded gloves most of the time. Do you?
    Then go to any mma or boxing Club and challenge them to fight without gloves. Piece of cake since they are clueless about fighting in your oppinion

The training systems utilised in boxing and mma, and the principles underlying (where they even exist), are fundamentally flawed.

Id suggest the logic system in your brain is fundamentally flawed.

Honestly, go down to your local boxing gym, and im sure they'll accommodate you with some gloveless sparring after you tell them they are doing it all wrong.

Gee, youll even have an advantage as they will only be used to sparring with gloves.

Go on champ....... youll moider tha bums..............

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Most karate and WC skills don't teach groundfighting. I don't think it's fair to criticise the fighters on their lack of ground skills in that context (though in other contexts it might well be fair).
    Why not? They're both fighters, right? It's kind of a joke if you want to learn to fight but would die as soon as you hit the ground. If you learn a fighting art, to fight, regardless of which art and what it lacks, I think it's fair to criticize you on any aspect of fighting. It's your fault if your skills are lacking and you turn into a clueless pre-beginner on the ground. It's alright if they're just hobbyists or just don't take it very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Id suggest the logic system in your brain is fundamentally flawed.

Honestly, go down to your local boxing gym, and im sure they'll accommodate you with some gloveless sparring after you tell them they are doing it all wrong.

Gee, youll even have an advantage as they will only be used to sparring with gloves.

Go on champ....... youll moider tha bums..............
    How do you think I know that gloved training messes up the distancing and timing model of the brain?

How do you think I know that gloved training messes up the distancing and timing model of the brain?
    You dont. you only assume it does

because you're repeating some mumbo jumbo rhetoric that you have swallowed hook line and sinker
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

because you're repeating some mumbo jumbo rhetoric that you have swallowed hook line and sinker
    This is what you are doing. I am using evidence

there was nothing true in your post at all - absolutely nothing. Your comment here about training in gloves is so ridiculous it is hard to believe that you genuinely believe it. By the same logic there is no point using a jong, wall bag, focus mitts, heavy bag or any other piece of training equipment because only hitting people is really hitting people and unless you are going to fight a jong why use it?.
    I train regularly mostly without gloves for drills, forms, chi sao and light application work but to pressure test what we do I wear 6oz mma gloves and my partner will wear any protective equipment we feel necessary for the level of contact such as full face headguard, shin protection, box etc For your education the distancing, timing and power generation is no different when wearing 6oz mma gloves than it is with bare hands. the only reason for wearing the gloves is to limit the damage caused to the training partner and to limit damage to hands from the hard parts of face grills on the head guards when they are in use.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

This is what you are doing. I am using evidence
    you haven't presented any evidence and you won't be able to because you are talking tosh. I am basing my POV on regular experience of both gloved and ungloved training as I believe are others here. Do you even have any idea of what 6oz mm gloves are? or what it feels like to wear them?

you haven't presented any evidence and you won't be able to because you are talking tosh. I am basing my POV on regular experience of both gloved and ungloved training as I believe are others here. Do you even have any idea of what 6oz mm gloves are? or what it feels like to wear them?
    You appear to be basing most of your posts on wishful thinking, attempting to justify the training methodology you already use. I am basing mine on direct first hand experience of gloves training vs training without gloves.

Because you tried it once and it doesn't fit in well with the rest of your slap-fighting chi sau model?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Because you tried it once and it doesn't fit in well with the rest of your slap-fighting chi sau model?
    You are projecting. I don't think such an experience would count as evidence for any level headed person. Perhaps someone with biases like you have, but not for me

You are projecting. I don't think such an experience would count as evidence for any level headed person. Perhaps someone with biases like you have, but not for me
    Oh, look. guyb learned another vocabulary word from one of my posts and is now repeating it back to me.

@$$h@t troll ignore it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Oh, look. guyb learned another vocabulary word from one of my posts and is now repeating it back to me.

@$$h@t troll ignore it is.
    Check the time stamp on the posts moron