Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: share your breaking

Boom there it is.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

I would like to see someone break a 1/2" thick piece of oak with foot, hand, elbow doesnt matter. I see these dry pine boards that can be flexed by a child holding them for the breaker. I want to see oak breaking. Not pre cracked bats and sticks or pre sawn oak either. The real deal. Is it possible. Im skeptical. I wish mythbusters would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post
    I would like to see someone break a 1/2" thick piece of oak with foot, hand, elbow doesnt matter. I see these dry pine boards that can be flexed by a child holding them for the breaker. I want to see oak breaking. Not pre cracked bats and sticks or pre sawn oak either. The real deal. Is it possible. Im skeptical. I wish mythbusters would do it.
    Fight Science did a thing on breaking; you can see highlight here.

Pine board with the grain: yes, a 5 year old could learn to do that in an hour.

Brick: Never tried it myself, but I don't think I'd want to try without some iron palm training first.
    Last edited by Kymus; 06-02-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    Fight Science did a thing on breaking; you can see highlight here.

Pine board with the grain: yes, a 5 year old could learn to do that in an hour.

Brock: Never tried it myself, but I don't think I'd want to try without some iron palm training first.
    Ive seen that before it was interesting but left me unsatisfied for some reason. Anyone on here can break an unadulterated half inch oak board with their hand/fist? Even if you dont have video Id like to hear about your experiences with oak? note: I dont do breaking but I do enjoy wood working.

Never tried oak. Really, the only time I've even broken boards was as a kid when I went with a friend to his sister's Tang Soo Do tournament. My friend's dad was all "you could break those boards with your three fingers". So I tried it; he was right
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.