Thread: I don't argue

Threaded View

Blog Entries

I don't argue

Quite often when A expressed an opinion, B disagreed, if A

- respond to it, A will be trapped into a long argument.
    - didn't respond to it, B will be offended.

Allow me to borrow Miqi's statement here:

"I don't argue, I just tell you, and you listen or not. All the best."

I find this may be the best way for online discussion. You put up your opinion and I put up mine. You don't expect me to agree with you. I don't expect you to agree with me either.

- You "tell" me how you feel. It's up to me to listen to you or not.
    - I "tell" you how I feel. It's up to you to listen to me or not.

Please notice that the word "tell" is very important key word for this thread.

I have always loved to have a discussion environment like this. Sometime we my just be too cautious to choose our words inorder not to offend others. When we do that, we restrice ourselves to open our heart completely. It just takes away the fun of online discussion. I have been in another "internal" forum for a long time. Oneday I just realized that no matter how careful that I might choose my words, someone was always offended by my opinion. I just decide to leave that environment.

For example, whenever I have seen the words "internal" or "push", I just have to say something. 99% of the time, my opinion will offend someone. I can always have 2 options. To say whatever I want to say, or to say whatever people want to hear. If I can't be honest to myself, I may not respect myself enough.

What's your thought on this?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-21-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument